hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the reason only ACTION will clear things up. It's been 8 months since RG took over, so not unreasonable to expect to see the impact of the change of ownership. The time for talk is over. Don;t want to hear any more promises and talk of tomorrow, want to see hard evidence of this bright new dawn for Hibs FC.
    Call me old fashioned but I consider sacking the manager a definite ACTION.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Didn’t really say anything more than he said when he took over. Basically a holding statement until January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s all a bit of a tease at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I picked up on this too, definitely sounds like they're going to focus on the match day experience for next year with some possibly big changes. Pretty excited to hear about what its going to entail.
    All for innovation ..yet the match day experience I fancy at the moment is 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Perd Hapley View Post
    Good communication but possibly a missed opportunity to plug the community work and I am a wee bit concerned that he didn't mention the work of the foundation etc within his overall plans for the club. In saying that I'm glad cash will be directed towards the first team as a priority but I do hope Ron understands that the club's charitable side is one and the same with the identity of the club; we're a football club but for all intents and purposes we incorporate a social enterprise - one which happens to be emblazoned proudly across our shirts.

On which note, at the risk of veering wildly off-topic, I'm a big fan of the move but I think the Hibernian Community Foundation badly need a new logo that looks better on the shirt. Don't know if it's possible to change mid-season
    I think he’s done enough on the community and associated elements so far since he cane in, now is a time for football matters and that’s what needs the focus and rightly will be that focus. That’s not dismissing the other components that make up Hibs but priorities dictate where we need our current focus to be

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    All for innovation ..yet the match day experience I fancy at the moment is 3 points
    Would it enhance that if you had a tailgate before it 😉

What is matchday experience? We have been following Hibs for years, and now have all seated stadia, I would genuinely love to hear what makes a matchday experience?

Not having a go at you M, just highlighting your point, all I am interested in seeing a decent Hibs side pick up points
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Have you ever known Hibs fans to be patient?
    Yes. We sat patiently for years as we sold out best players and struggled with pap because we built stadium and training grounds and then were meant to be ahead of everyone. We then got relegated. We’re a really patient support. Hearts won cups and pumped us on a regular basis on the tick and we had to sit and watch because we thought, patiently, they would end up going bust and we would be the top team in the city having being ran right, we then got relegated with them and they went up before us. We’re always told to be patient and the good times will roll. No wonder everyone is worried we are going back to the **** old days just when we had a taste of relative success.

After hearing his interview, I am concerned by him. What were his reasons for buying, and what his plans for us are?

Suppose we will have to wait until AGM, but some things are starting to worry me.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    After hearing his interview, I am concerned by him. What were his reasons for buying, and what his plans for us are?

Suppose we will have to wait until AGM, but some things are starting to worry me.
    Not sure why you would be concerned after hearing his interview. It sounded to me he already has plans and ideas on moving Hibs forward, just needs to get them in place before presenting them to the board then the fans. I'm eagerly looking forward.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Not sure why you would be concerned after hearing his interview. It sounded to me he already has plans and ideas on moving Hibs forward, just needs to get them in place before presenting them to the board then the fans. I'm eagerly looking forward.
    I'm just not convinced, I await to hear his plans. I'm not eagerly looking forward to it, gut feel is something is brewing.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'm just not convinced, I await to hear his plans. I'm not eagerly looking forward to it, gut feel is something is brewing.
    Only time will tell BF
    GGTTH
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Only time will tell BF
    GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Both Leeann and Ron both talk about improving the match day experience for fans!!
    ER is a superb stadium, its clean, it has good views of the pitch etc.
    Fan experience (and growth) will only come by winning games and playing good football!

Are they trying to separate the footballing side from the fans experience at ER.
    I can only think they are wanting Hibs fans to have a match day experience like we see on tv at NFL matches; 1) tail gate parties 2) food 3) drinks 4) live music 5) cheerleaders etc

Football to most of us is all about results not about the other stuff!
    Last edited by PompeyHibs; 08-11-2019 at 07:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Am with you just now. We've had plenty chat and off pitch distractions culminating in where we are today.

When it's eventually announced and we see how it's underpinned it could be exciting.

Deeds not words for the time being.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    What is matchday experience? We have been following Hibs for years, and now have all seated stadia, I would genuinely love to hear what makes a matchday experience?

Not having a go at you M, just highlighting your point, all I am interested in seeing a decent Hibs side pick up points
    Tbh B...I was simply trying say the only difference I care about is starting to win 3 points regularly... or really bothered about match day experience change

I’m happy with current pre match fitba chat and banter ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Would it enhance that if you had a tailgate before it
    Hahaha. Nope ! ;)

Tbh B...I was simply trying say the only difference I care about is starting to win 3 points regularly... or really bothered about match day experience change

I’m happy with current pre match fitba chat and banter ...
    Indeed M, wonder what grand plans are in the offing, give me HC and others moaning pre match anytime

@hibs.net private member

Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | RON GORDON

Indeed M, wonder what grand plans are in the offing, give me HC and others moaning pre match anytime
    . Pre match , during match and on the way home

Ps. See you up there tomorrow

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I've heard we're offering Chorizo and chilli topping options on the pizza slices.

. Pre match , during match and on the way home

Ps. See you up there tomorrow
    Cheers M

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I've heard we're offering Chorizo and chilli topping options on the pizza slices.
    Hot dogs surely?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Can only imagine how much that’ll cost

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I saw Ron before the game today. Hopefully that performance shows him what we're capable of.

Left by mutual consent!

All this, match day experience pash (ER). Get yersel along tae an away match and experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I saw Ron before the game today. Hopefully that performance shows him what we're capable of.
    Outside the main stand for a fair bit today speaking to supporters - enthusiastic as always. Seen his first Hibs win in the flesh today.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I think even Ron understands that a winning team and 3 points is the best ‘experience’ the fans can have.

When he says he wants to improve the match day experience I think he actually saying he wants more fans to be in the ground longer and of course spending more money.

It’s clear as day our corporate side has been lacking for some time. The stadium interiors, lounges etc are far from giving a top ‘experience’.

The club shop can’t handle the volume of people on Match day and is a total pain to get around, browse or buy anything from...just at the time where we have the biggest potential to make money from the merchandise.

The general catering is crap with long queues and over priced so that experience is pretty poor.

Behind the goals is a watered down after thought and essentially there is no proper supporters bar for the fans to congregate before the game.

The list goes on and on so when he talks about Matchday experience he’s clearly not referring to the actual game and result but everything else that goes on in and around the stadium. Stuff that matters in terms of revenue and how people perceive the club.

I’m really looming forward to hearing the plans and like the fact he’s taking the right amount of time to for them. I also like how he clearly knows the difference between wanting to make change versus ran action plan to implement it. He sounds very much like someone who has applied a lot of change into business before and that to me is very encouraging!!

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I think even Ron understands that a winning team and 3 points is the best ‘experience’ the fans can have.

When he says he wants to improve the match day experience I think he actually saying he wants more fans to be in the ground longer and of course spending more money.

It’s clear as day our corporate side has been lacking for some time. The stadium interiors, lounges etc are far from giving a top ‘experience’.

The club shop can’t handle the volume of people on Match day and is a total pain to get around, browse or buy anything from...just at the time where we have the biggest potential to make money from the merchandise.

The general catering is crap with long queues and over priced so that experience is pretty poor.

Behind the goals is a watered down after thought and essentially there is no proper supporters bar for the fans to congregate before the game.

The list goes on and on so when he talks about Matchday experience he’s clearly not referring to the actual game and result but everything else that goes on in and around the stadium. Stuff that matters in terms of revenue and how people perceive the club.

I’m really looming forward to hearing the plans and like the fact he’s taking the right amount of time to for them. I also like how he clearly knows the difference between wanting to make change versus ran action plan to implement it. He sounds very much like someone who has applied a lot of change into business before and that to me is very encouraging!!
    Great post. Time for fans to relax and show a bit faith. Ron hasn’t done or said anything since he came in to cause concern. If everyone gets behind him and the plans (once revealed) there’s no doubt in my mind we’ll go to the next level.

Easter Road has been neglected for too long. Get the hospitality, conference spaces, fan spaces and supporters bars sorted and it will generate huge revenue for us that will go straight back into the team.

He needs to attract a large % of punters out the pubs in Leith on matchdays into the stadium for a couple of hours pre and post match. including me. good beer and food competitively priced with live games on or old hibs games on big screens before and after the game. would be a start

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Yes. We sat patiently for years as we sold out best players and struggled with pap because we built stadium and training grounds and then were meant to be ahead of everyone. We then got relegated. We’re a really patient support. Hearts won cups and pumped us on a regular basis on the tick and we had to sit and watch because we thought, patiently, they would end up going bust and we would be the top team in the city having being ran right, we then got relegated with them and they went up before us. We’re always told to be patient and the good times will roll. No wonder everyone is worried we are going back to the **** old days just when we had a taste of relative success.

Toatlly agree with your post - probably explains why most 30+ year-old Hibees are quick to get pissed-off !. We spent roughly 3 decades building a stadium that, once completed, we were assured that the next step was putting a team on the pitch to compliment the surrroundings - rubbing salt into our empty pockets we had the Jambos and their roughly 3 decades of basically cheating and getting away with it so it's understandable why most are quick to be unhappy !. One minute we're watching McGinn and the next we're watching Vela ffs !!. Are we back to the usual Hibs - 1-2 seasons of great football followed by 7-8 years of dross ??. Of course, the main reason (or culprit depending on your own personal viewpoint) for those 3 decades of stadium-improvements taking precedence over the football-team has gone now so it's up to Ron (and Leeann) to fulfill the previous regime's pledge so he's obviously got to be given time - arguments/debates about the corners being filled-in aside, there's no great need for any further stadium improvements so he's bought himself a club (and ground) that's got superb potential for success !

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    He needs to attract a large % of punters out the pubs in Leith on matchdays into the stadium for a couple of hours pre and post match. including me. good beer and food competitively priced with live games on or old hibs games on big screens before and after the game. would be a start
    I’d still prefer the pub and wander in 5 minutes before kick off to be honest.