hibs.net Messageboard

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member
    Wonder where Harry Kewell is going to watch football next ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Tynecastle...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is harsh, but we’re talking about Sunderland in the third division.

He had 46 games to secure automatic promotion and not be hard done by in injury time of a playoff.

In his first season Lennon had one job - get us promoted - and he got the job done. It’s nonsense that some folk criticise the lack of style etc, he simply did what was needed.

Ross wasn’t even fired for that failure - he was given another go, and was only fired when it became clear they weren’t going to go up under him this season.

FWIW, now I’ve had a chance to think about it I think he’ll be stronger for the experience and will do a brilliant job for Hibs.
    From memory Sunderland were in 6th place just 3 or so points off the play offs when they sacked Ross last month. How on earth could they decide at that stage in the season with so many games left to play that he wasn’t the man for them? It wasn’t like they were stranded at the bottom of the table. Talk about unrealistic expectations, the guy had 6 or 7 months to get them promoted but instead got the bullet. Anyway, I’m not complaining, I think he’s a cracking young manager who will do a good job for us.

I'm a bit meh.... Well, very meh actually.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    From memory Sunderland were in 6th place just 3 or so points off the play offs when they sacked Ross last month. How on earth could they decide at that stage in the season with so many games left to play that he wasn’t the man for them? It wasn’t like they were stranded at the bottom of the table. Talk about unrealistic expectations, the guy had 6 or 7 months to get them promoted but instead got the bullet. Anyway, I’m not complaining, I think he’s a cracking young manager who will do a good job for us.
    I feel as a sunderland season ticket holder that he wasn't fired for results more the performances and his stubbornness to change things. Many fans wanted him to be a success but I felt the pressure and expectation was too heavy a burden for him. When he was sacked many felt that he would still go onto be a success, really hoping that is the case now he's at Hibs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    I feel as a sunderland season ticket holder that he wasn't fired for results more the performances and his stubbornness to change things. Many fans wanted him to be a success but I felt the pressure and expectation was too heavy a burden for him. When he was sacked many felt that he would still go onto be a success, really hoping that is the case now he's at Hibs.
    That sounds like "out of the frying pan into the fire"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    That sounds like "out of the frying pan into the fire"!!!!
    Especially if that stubborness was insisting on 1 up front though I never followed Sunderland so no idea how he sets up.

Regardless, Jack is the man now so onward and upward. Alloa, St Mirren, Sunderland - it doesn't matter now. Only matters what he does for Hibs. Good luck Jack and at this point you have my full support

They were 6th but had the same amount of points as 5th ,4th and 3rd , they were 6th on goal difference.

Baffling decision to sack him and it's not exactly went well for them. Our gain.

Scapegoat. Their loss is our gain.