hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Are we going to protest or what?

We will almost certainly lose to St Johnstone next week and he will still keep his job - now should be the time for protesting, either during or after the Motherwell game regardless of the result.

Hearts have been protesting Levein for weeks, it finally paid off and they're now getting a head start on us re the change of manager. The only thing we seem to do is the "I'm not going back" approach, which works eventually but takes a lot longer and ends up having far greater collateral damage. Let's get organised.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we don't win next week and he's still in charge for the Motherwell game then I'm all for having a protest at this game.

The time for action passed weeks ago.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Genuinely cannot fathom how bad our recruitment has been yet our head of recruitment has just been promoted. Team had its soul ripped out of it when McGinn, McGeouch, Fontaine et al left and we decided to let Bartley leave as well. All the while we are letting manager recruit players that seem to have absolutely no passion or fight...or quality.

The club is in serious trouble and if he is in charge against St Johnstone that serious trouble will amount to “extremely likely relegation candidate”.

Sacking manager doesn’t fix the club’s issues though. Our recruitment has been shocking in the last 3 summer windows.

A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'. We had a couple after we were relegated and that was about it.

There's a lot of talk on another thread about whether people are disengaged or otherwise. I have no idea but there is an apathy running through the fanbase. There's been the odd outbreak of 'Hecky GTF' but beyond that most folk just seem to walk away after games with that resigned 'we have been here before' attitude.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    deleted
    ...and so it begins

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'.

Have people forgotten what would have happened to our club had it not been for all of those major protests in the late 80's/early 90's?

30 years on and some fans seem to think we're "above" protest.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post

Have people forgotten what would have happened to our club had it not been for all of those major protests in the late 80's/early 90's?

30 years on and some fans seem to think we're "above" protest.
    I’m not above a protest, problem is the apathy. We are in a worse position due to this apathy, the club have been expecting protests for weeks...I think most have seen the difference outside the West stand after games. They believed protests were coming. Most fans are walking away having a wee rant or simply walking looking at their shoes. We’re fed up, we keep getting told that this inconsistent rubbish year to year was done. We’ve been told this year by our illustrious owner that he wants to be best of the rest. I’m sick hearing utter rubbish from Hibs.

In my perverse way of thinking, a Mental Health collection outside ER last week was almost a mocking jibe at the mindsets of our fans at the moment. Community club that won’t have a means of raising funds for the community at this rate.

Disconnect or however it’s been put probably isn’t the right way of wording it but fed up and had enough with the club is where a lot of fans are. Our history is dominated by underachievement and, as it currently stands, we’ve been sold a dream once again.

@hibs.net private member
    deleted
    Absolute tool!

A lot Hibs fans seem to think protests aren't really 'Hibs class'. We had a couple after we were relegated and that was about it.

There's a lot of talk on another thread about whether people are disengaged or otherwise. I have no idea but there is an apathy running through the fanbase. There's been the odd outbreak of 'Hecky GTF' but beyond that most folk just seem to walk away after games with that resigned 'we have been here before' attitude.
    Interesting point. I said after the game yesterday that it wasn’t the hope that killed me this time. It was the fact that I was resigned to what happened, happening, before a ball was kicked. And because of that, I didn’t feel nearly as gutted as I normally would after a semi final defeat.

I don’t think a protest would make the blindest bit of difference. The empty seats at ER and lack of sales yesterday is all the protest they should need to understand the depth of feeling within the support.

that's where I am

apathy

thats where I am

Had four tickets and gave them away to mates down South to come up and watch. I went to Ikea. (got some nice wall units, lots of scented candles and a bottle of Swedish mustard)
    I probably spent less than the semi would have cost and inside there's no phone signal. Spared the stress. I have no reason to go back till he's away and someone with genuine drive and passion is installed. What makes me laugh is remembering the PH interview about his high tempo high pressing game. What a joke. I have no hatred for someone who seems like a nice guy but he's not delivering and it absolutely makes me mad that the board are ignoring the fans and the facts.
    WHERE IS THE PLAYER WHO WOULD NOT DARE TO FIGHT FOR HIBERNIAN?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Absolute tool!
    Flame thrower?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Absolute tool!
    You dont recognise a joke do you?

East mains tomorrow burn his car bye bye
    Less chance of him leaving if someone burns his car

Unfortunately what will happen is we'll either scrape a draw or leave Perth with a narrow defeat and we'll be back on here ripping the tap aff it about Doidge's "all round game" after producing the square root of **** all goals again and identifying the grand total of 5 minutes where we strung a few passes together and use that as a sign of Takingusbottom turning it around.

Until we are stranded at the bottom of the table nothing is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Flame thrower?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We will almost certainly lose to St Johnstone next week and he will still keep his job - now should be the time for protesting, either during or after the Motherwell game regardless of the result.

Hearts have been protesting Levein for weeks, it finally paid off and they're now getting a head start on us re the change of manager. The only thing we seem to do is the "I'm not going back" approach, which works eventually but takes a lot longer and ends up having far greater collateral damage. Let's get organised.
    Why will we almost certainly lose at St Johnstone next week?

Less than a hundred after the derby defeat,the Board wouldn't come out. They are uninterested in engaging with us
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Does anybody know where he lives?

I think it's essential to tell him we do, as that what seems to happen elsewhere.

Why will we almost certainly lose?

Testimonial Due
    I think if we lose to St Johnstone next week we won’t need to protest as that will be the nail in the coffin.

Firmly believe league wise he’s now literally game at a time.

Also after the St Johnstone game (if we lose) makes logical sense as there’s an international break which gives a window of opportunity to bring a permanent replacement in before the Motherwell game on the 23rd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why will we almost certainly lose?
    Because we are ***** and they’ve won two games on the bounce?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Does anybody know where he lives?

I think it's essential to tell him we do, as that what seems to happen elsewhere.
    Please no. That really is not “Hibs Class”. Whilst around 98% of supporters want him to leave he is still a human being and barracking someone at their home is utterly indefensible in my opinion.

deleted
    Flame thrower?
    Out of order, even if meant to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Genuinely cannot fathom how bad our recruitment has been yet our head of recruitment has just been promoted. Team had its soul ripped out of it when McGinn, McGeouch, Fontaine et al left and we decided to let Bartley leave as well. All the while we are letting manager recruit players that seem to have absolutely no passion or fight...or quality.

The club is in serious trouble and if he is in charge against St Johnstone that serious trouble will amount to “extremely likely relegation candidate”.

Sacking manager doesn’t fix the club’s issues though. Our recruitment has been shocking in the last 3 summer windows.

I agree, the managers time is up but it’s more than just him that’s the problem. We’ve got players that are past it on long term contracts and the new signings aren’t good enough. Major changes needed at the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Out of order, even if meant to be a joke.
    I don’t even know if he’s got a car tbh. It’s no went to good at the teams wheel.

Because we are ***** and they’ve won two games on the bounce?
    So they are Barcelona suddenly? Very winnable game for Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Please no. That really is not “Hibs Class”. Whilst around 98% of supporters want him to leave he is still a human being and barracking someone at their home is utterly indefensible in my opinion.
    Boo!!!

I thought we were coming into line with what big clubs do.

I don't suppose an open letter would be OK?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    So they are Barcelona suddenly? Very winnable game for Hibs.
    I’ll agree to disagree. We couldn’t beat them at home let alone away to a side in form having beat two teams we have failed to win against recently. Under this manager the odds are against us picking up a win anywhere.

Coaching Staff
    I’ll agree to disagree. We couldn’t beat them at home let alone away to a side in form having beat two teams we have failed to win against recently. Under this manager the odds are against us picking up a win anywhere.
    You might be more credible if you were a bit less dramatic about it all.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

The big protest outside ER after relegation had a really large turn out, around 1500-2000 fans. I firmly believe that put the frighteners on Petrie etc and things improved culminating in good football, the cup win and promotion.

We’re not far off something similar needing done if Heckingbottom stays in post.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire