hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Well done the Hibs support

Thanks to the folk who turned out this evening to support the team. Aye we got pumped as we all feared we would, but at least you can hold your heads up and say you did what you could to make sure the team wasnt alone out there tonight, though in all honesty they probably felt like they were anyway with us being so massively outnumbered.

As for the rest ... dress it up how you want, you let the club you claim to support down tonight ... well done

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks to the folk who turned out this evening to support the team. Aye we got pumped as we all feared we would, but at least you can hold your heads up and say you did what you could to make sure the team wasnt alone out there tonight, though in all honesty they probably felt like they were anyway with us being so massively outnumbered.

As for the rest ... dress it up how you want, you let the club you claim to support down tonight ... well done
    Couldn't agree more

Bed time, boys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Bed time, boys :-)
    Bed time nothin' mate ... Folk need to face the truth .. they come on here posting this and that about the club, the team, the manager etc etc etc. But the fact is that being a fitba fan begins and ends with supporting your team in the good times and the bad and too many of our so called fans chose to desert their club tonight .. the same so called fans who I bet were shedding tears of unbridled joy in May 2016 swearing undying love for the Hibees ... what an f'ing joke.

I couldnt give a rats arse how they try to justify it with how bad the team is our how much they hate the manager ... they were needed tonight and they crapped out ... fair weather fans, nothing more, nothing less.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bed time nothin' mate ... Folk need to face the truth .. they come on here posting this and that about the club, the team, the manager etc etc etc. But the fact is that being a fitba fan begins and ends with supporting your team in the good times and the bad and too many of our so called fans chose to desert their club tonight .. the same so called fans who I bet were shedding tears of unbridled joy in May 2016 swearing undying love for the Hibees ... what an f'ing joke.

I couldnt give a rats arse how they try to justify it with how bad the team is our how much they hate the manager ... they were needed tonight and they crapped out ... fair weather fans, nothing more, nothing less.
    I was there but I choose to not go to games sometimes. If I'm less a fan in yours or anyone's eyes I can live with that and I probably am but I don't care either. There are people I know who will never miss a game but that's not me and I have other things I find equally as important as Hibs to be getting on with.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar

Ah, that old trope. We lost because the fans wernae good enough.

I didn't go and i'm delighted I didn't. Deal with it.

We didn’t lose because the fans weren’t good. Absolutely 100% nothing to do with the fans.

I want Heckingbottom our as much as anything. But folk can’t really moan about Vela no turning up when they couldn’t be bothered themselves.

Aye ok!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We didn’t lose because the fans weren’t good. Absolutely 100% nothing to do with the fans.

I want Heckingbottom our as much as anything. But folk can’t really moan about Vela no turning up when they couldn’t be bothered themselves.
    Folk can moan if they like if you choose to not bother with them due to not going that's up to you but everyone can say whatever they feel.

Fans aren't paid thousands to turn up. They pay those who are given thousands each week to turn up. It's not a sensible comparison.

I went tonight
    Got back about an hour ago
    The hibs support tonight stayed with the team
    But if Heckingbottom gets his team to challenge like he did in the second half, we would live with that!
    That performance and effort would have given us more points against The Hamilton Livingston Ross County Hearts of this world
    Supporters might just give him a bit of slack
    Heckingbottom has dug his own hole
    But tonight the Hibs support stuck with the team

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I was there but I choose to not go to games sometimes. If I'm less a fan in yours or anyone's eyes I can live with that and I probably am but I don't care either. There are people I know who will never miss a game but that's not me and I have other things I find equally as important as Hibs to be getting on with.
    Cool mate ... but this was a semi final, if you cant support the team at that then when?

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Ah, that old trope. We lost because the fans wernae good enough.

I didn't go and i'm delighted I didn't. Deal with it.
    Fair weather fan it is then ... you deal with it

Fans aren't paid thousands to turn up. They pay those who are given thousands each week to turn up. It's not a sensible comparison.
    Not sensible, perhaps, when you’ve already stated that you’re delighted you didn’t bother.

I go week in, week out and have stated plenty times that I don’t really blame folk for not wanting to go at the moment.

A game at Hampden is just different for me. They maybe get paid, but we’re meant to be the ones with the emotional attachment to the club.

Each to their own and, as I say, I’m not being overly critical of people for choosing not to go. Still think the same folk have a bit of a cheek to then grumble about the players no turning up etc.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

ST for 40 years and tonight was the 1st Hampden appearance I've missed in that time. If you think I've let the club down that's your call.

Your posts are normally the best on here but you've let yourself down tonight. Don't turn on your fellow supporters. The Club needs to act pronto. That's where the problem lies.

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    I went tonight
    Got back about an hour ago
    The hibs support tonight stayed with the team
    But if Heckingbottom gets his team to challenge like he did in the second half, we would live with that!
    That performance and effort would have given us more points against The Hamilton Livingston Ross County Hearts of this world
    Supporters might just give him a bit of slack
    Heckingbottom has dug his own hole
    But tonight the Hibs support stuck with the team
    They did in the second half because, despite the score line, we tried to have a go. Maybe if he occasionally asked them to do that at 0-0, rather than 0-2, he’d have a bit more support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Aye ok!
    Aye OK 'Sir David Gray' .... Oooh I was there in 2016, mind I thought we might win that day and I'm that proud the cup winning captains name is my username ... Ooo I was that proud. Mind, we're pish now so I wont bother supporting the team when the chips are down ... mind ah love the club though

They did in the second half because, despite the score line, we tried to have a go. Maybe if he occasionally asked them to do that at 0-0, rather than 0-2, he’d have a bit more support.
    Exactly bhfc
    Came away tonight feeling they did what they can
    Came home from last weeks game v Ross County thinking ffs
    By the time we got to rutherglen my boy is asking how do we get to Perth next week GGTTH
    Answer change the manager

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    ST for 40 years and tonight was the 1st Hampden appearance I've missed in that time. If you think I've let the club down that's your call.

Your posts are normally the best on here but you've let yourself down tonight. Don't turn on your fellow supporters. The Club needs to act pronto. That's where the problem lies.
    I dont think I am letting myself down mate. I think I have a right to be annoyed at seeing folk who profess to be Hibs fans turning their back on the club so dramatically and in such depressingly large numbers just a few years after the club giving us the biggest day in most of our living memories. 150,000 folk on the streets to see the club parade the cup that day and as soon as the chips are down where are they?

I dont care what the circumstances are ... tonights turnout was pathetic and nothing short of an embarrassment for a club of our size.

Aye OK 'Sir David Gray' .... Oooh I was there in 2016, mind I thought we might win that day and I'm that proud the cup winning captains name is my username ... Ooo I was that proud. Mind, we're pish now so I wont bother supporting the team when the chips are down ... mind ah love the club though
    Mate your so much better than that. Your posts are as always well constructed with a lot of thought. I genuinely like reading what you have to say.
    Sack tonight and start afresh when you get up.

Not sensible, perhaps, when you’ve already stated that you’re delighted you didn’t bother.

I go week in, week out and have stated plenty times that I don’t really blame folk for not wanting to go at the moment.

A game at Hampden is just different for me. They maybe get paid, but we’re meant to be the ones with the emotional attachment to the club.

Each to their own and, as I say, I’m not being overly critical of people for choosing not to go. Still think the same folk have a bit of a cheek to then grumble about the players no turning up etc.
    Exactly mate .... Aye things arent great at the club just now, nobody is pretending they are least of all me. But when the team is in a semi final that should be put aside in favour of backing the team in a huge game for 90 minutes.

As far as i'm concerned, our club has taken advantage of blind loyalty for far too long. There's no motive to change anything as long as the money rolls in.

They're taking advantage of the emotional attatchments, rather than rewarding it. That's what disgusts me the most.

Thread.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I dont think I am letting myself down mate. I think I have a right to be annoyed at seeing folk who profess to be Hibs fans turning their back on the club so dramatically and in such depressingly large numbers just a few years after the club giving us the biggest day in most of our living memories. 150,000 folk on the streets to see the club parade the cup that day and as soon as the chips are down where are they?

I dont care what the circumstances are ... tonights turnout was pathetic and nothing short of an embarrassment for a club of our size.

You've got no right to be annoyed at anyone who didn't go tonight. Folk that didn't go for whatever reason is **** all to do with you whether they've posted on here and whether you agree with their views or not. An embarrassment? Nah, there was much less at the semi final v Rangers in 2004.

Since you've come on here with the attitude that you're Hibernians greatest ever fan I'm automatically assuming that you've been to every away game this season? Friendlies and LC cup group stages included??

Lay off the booze before coming on here and having a go at the fans. They are not the reason that our club is in turmoil and fine you know it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

I agree the turnout was poor. But rather than have a go at your own supporters you need to ask yourself why.

Following Hibs has always been a rollercoaster, but in the last year we've witnessed a period of utter negligence by the custodians of the club. We have gone from an upward trajectory into a complete nosedive and urgent action is needed. This isn't about a short term dip in form. This is about people falling asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Mate your so much better than that. Your posts are as always well constructed with a lot of thought. I genuinely like reading what you have to say.
    Sack tonight and start afresh when you get up.
    I responded in kind to him mate. But yeh, perhaps you have a point ... I find it hard to accept that so many folk are happy to turn their backs on the club as soon as we hit a bad patch, thats not what being a fan is about for me but I suppose a lot of folk dont look at it that way and I should respect their decision to save their time and money for such times as they have a winning team to support.

I responded in kind to him mate. But yeh, perhaps you have a point ... I find it hard to accept that so many folk are happy to turn their backs on the club as soon as we hit a bad patch, thats not what being a fan is about for me but I suppose a lot of folk dont look at it that way and I should respect their decision to save their time and money for such times as they have a winning team to support.
    It's not "turning our backs". It's trying to force the board into taking action before they damage our club even further. Do you not understand?

This isn't a "bad patch" either. It's issues that we're all too familar with as Hibs fans. A patch is a rare thing that comes and goes. This on the other hand is something that drags on for years at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You've got no right to be annoyed at anyone who didn't go tonight. Folk that didn't go for whatever reason is **** all to do with you whether they've posted on here and whether you agree with their views or not. An embarrassment? Nah, there was much less at the semi final v Rangers in 2004.

Since you've come on here with the attitude that you're Hibernians greatest ever fan I'm automatically assuming that you've been to every away game this season? Friendlies and LC cup group stages included??

Lay off the booze before coming on here and having a go at the fans. They are not the reason that our club is in turmoil and fine you know it.
    Naaaaaahh ...wrong. This is a fitba fans forum, the subject is fitba and the posts I make are in that context. If you are talking about 'real life' I couldnt give a rats arse where the population of Edinburgh and the Lothians were this Saturday or what they were doing. But what we are discussing here is football and specifically Hibs fans of which I am one.

Every fitba fan sets store in the support their club gets from its fanbase, they celebrate great crowds and great support and they deride poor crowds and poor support .. thats what football fans do, have done and always will do, so no offence mate but I stand by what I said. And no I dont go to many away games, but lets not pretend a bog standard away game and a big semi final are comparable, because they are not ... thats why you dont get folk, least of all me, criticizing the turnout for round one in the league cup away to some highland team north of the arctic circle and FWIW my round trip to every home game is 80 miles ... every game is pretty well a sodding away game.

Every time somebody comes on here regarding a piss poor turnout for a semi final or other vital game you get the same tired old pish about 'uber fans' etc ..... I am not claiming to be, nor have I ever claimed to be, an uber fan. I am not suggesting that folk are only decent fans if they go to every game ... I am suggesting that its a piss poor show when a fanbase thats capable of far better fails to back its team in a big game, and as a Hibs fan I have a right to do so, I'm not asking or expecting everybody to agree with me, but on the other hand I could care less if they dont ... the turnout on Saturday let down Hibs as a club and us as a support .... and that has sod all to do with blaming the fans for the teams current poor form, thats a whole different thing.

Testimonial Due
    The fans sounded good on Hibs TV. Think we were down to the core. Always gone to the games. More important when we are struggling that they need our support no matter who is in charge. Always want Hibs to win or at least avoid defeat. There have been some tough times watching Hibs but the support has often help keep us up. GGTTH

It's not "turning our backs". It's trying to force the board into taking action before they damage our club even further. Do you not understand?

This isn't a "bad patch" either. It's issues that we're all too familar with as Hibs fans. A patch is a rare thing that comes and goes. This on the other hand is something that drags on for years at a time.
    I'm not buying this argument. I won't have a go at anyone for choosing not to go but don't dress it up with anything other than we had little chance of winning. That's what drives wether a significant portion of "support" turn up. There will always be an alternative story for some but as the excuse used to be petrie/farmer, where was the attendance rise when they left? Or was it just convenient for these guys that the had found another reason so soon after so they haven't had to bother.