hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep... Nicola Sturgeon is actually the MSP for Govan.

Works the other way as well though. Iím uncomfortable with the attitude from some on here that if you donít like the SNP you canít really be a Hibs fan and must be a Jambo.
    I doubt many folk would take that view apart from in a tongue in cheek way as I did earlier in the thread. We do have a cartoon image we like to portray of yer average Jambo being a cardigan wearing Rover driving golf club / bowling club member who lives in Morningside and votes Tory though, probably the very antithesis of a bog standard SNP voter

When you get daft posts from folk saying it fills them with shame that a particular politician is a Hibby is when stuff gets stupid ... I mean personally I cant stand Kezia Dugdale, but the fact that she supports Hibs doesn't give me any problem and never did.

In short it takes all sorts to make up a fitba club's support and it would be a sad day indeed if folk seriously started to push any agenda that your political views should exclude you from supporting us or any other club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    And the rest of them arenít slavering fools?

This is the key post on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You've just offered your own view but everyone else has to leave theirs at the door??

Seems fair
    You aint heard the half of my view - what I posted was a statement of fact backed up by all available statistical data.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    She's actually the MSP for Govanhill which isn't related to Govan, but I agree with you re. the relationship between politics and Hibs. I am an SNP supporter, that's my choice, but it certainly doesn't mean you have to be one to be a Hibs fan.
    Ah... the constituency used to be called Glasgow Govan.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    She's actually the MSP for Govanhill which isn't related to Govan, but I agree with you re. the relationship between politics and Hibs. I am an SNP supporter, that's my choice, but it certainly doesn't mean you have to be one to be a Hibs fan.

I may not like other peoples politics but as long as they're not ultra left or ultra right I'd happily defend their right to them. Hibs are a broad church and we should welcome viewpoints and debate from all sides of the spectrum and not throw the toys out of the pram when someone says something that doesn't agree with the mainstream majority. Lets keep it Hibs class without the shouty narrow mindedness.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post

I may not like other peoples politics but as long as they're not ultra left or ultra right I'd happily defend their right to them. Hibs are a broad church and we should welcome viewpoints and debate from all sides of the spectrum and not throw the toys out of the pram when someone says something that doesn't agree with the mainstream majority. Lets keep it Hibs class without the shouty narrow mindedness.

Hibs are a broad church, now you're bringing religion into it as well. 😂
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Hibs are a broad church, now you're bringing religion into it as well. 😂
    Dearie me.