hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Levein Sacked

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was relatively successful at Sunderland and there is a decent number of fans who would take him back there.
    Did he not spend a lot of money without much success?

Could be promising for that lot .... burn more of the Budges Millions on *****!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    ‘Let’s make our next manager someone who has done nothing with anyone’

If you agree with that statement yet want Jack Ross, you’re contradicting yourself.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    ‘Let’s make our next manager someone who has done nothing with anyone’

If you agree with that statement yet want Jack Ross, you’re contradicting yourself.
    👍👍

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He done brilliant at Sunderland.

I think your definition of brilliant differs quite considerably from mine (and the dictionary’s).

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I’ve already said Keane would be ideal for us.

I think he’s exactly the type of character we need. Would also be gutted if they got him.

What on Earth makes you think that? His record as a manager or even a coach is really poor.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I see the Roadie has brought in Donald Park as his assistant for a couple of weeks
    Looks like he doesn’t rate Craigie’s backroom boys, Daly and Fox

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    What on Earth makes you think that? His record as a manager or even a coach is really poor.
    He’s got a terrible record and is a horrible guy. No chance I’d take him at Hibs.

Interesting to hear Dr Budge say they're going for an experienced high profile manager. Bit risky setting such expectations which she might not be able to deliver, particularly when one person's "high profile" is another person's "meh!"

Last time their hundreds of high quality candidates were whittled down to "actually the best person for the job was under our noses all along" and he had to be coerced into doing it.

Saying you want experience is fine but the high profile comment might come back to bite her on the bum.

Bizarrely, after saying that, she also said MacPhee was in the running.
    Last edited by 007; 04-11-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Interesting to hear Dr Budge say they're going for an experienced high profile manager. Bit risky setting such expectations which she might not be able to deliver, particularly when one person's "high profile" is another person's "meh!"

Last time their hundreds of high quality candidates were whittled down to "actually the best person for the job was under our noses all along" and he had to be coerced into doing it.

Saying you want experience is fine but the high profile comment might come back to bite her on the bum.

She’s a clown. She’s created a rod for her back with that comment.

Also says that “football has changed” so they won’t need a Director of Football. But they will be recruiting a Sporting or Technical Director.

As usual there’s nobody in the media who dare ask her a challenging question.

Testimonial Due
    New manager will depend on how much cash they've squeezed out of the anonymous donor this year.

£0m = Austin MacPhee
    Multiple £m's = not Austin MacPhee

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    Keane is an absolute car crash as a manager. A few fans seems to buy into the same "he'd sort out the snowflakes in the team" pish that he does himself but he generally just ends up losing the respect of his players for being a tit.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    She’s a clown. She’s created a rod for her back with that comment.

Also says that “football has changed” so they won’t need a Director of Football. But they will be recruiting a Sporting or Technical Director.

As usual there’s nobody in the media who dare ask her a challenging question.
    Personally thought her comment about it being another Board members idea for Levein to be manager and Director of football was quite cowardly. She is the owner she makes the big decisions, stop trying to pass the buck.

Also we want to change the structure by not having a Director of Football but having a Sporting Director. What is the difference? Levein in the background is ridiculous imo.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 05-11-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I’ve already said Keane would be ideal for us.

I think he’s exactly the type of character we need. Would also be gutted if they got him.
    Why is someone who tries to end fellow pros careers, mocks other players for being emotional about losing their child and brother and abandons his team on the eve of a world cup "exactly the type of character we need".

Do a bit of homework on Keane and his antics at Ipswich and his recent comments about Jon Walters. Guy is absolute vermin. Last thing we need.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I think your definition of brilliant differs quite considerably from mine (and the dictionary’s).
    Did he not get them promoted and won manager of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    New manager will depend on how much cash they've squeezed out of the anonymous donor this year.

£0m = Austin MacPhee
    Multiple £m's = not Austin MacPhee

By the sounds of it the anonymous donors are going to foot the bill fora high profile name... if they can persuade one.

Crazy thing to say. Setting everyone up for dissapointment. Who is high profile and avaliable? Moyes has already said no. Roy Keane? Sam Allardice?

I see Budge has said she is going to ask Levein's opinion on a new manager. Couldn't make it up

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I see Budge has said she is going to ask Levein's opinion on a new manager. Couldn't make it up
    I hope he's recommending Hecky!

Wouldn’t put it past him to recommend himself again 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_17 View Post
    Wouldn’t put it past him to recommend himself again 😂😂😂
    I've heard he's recommended an Irishman, Shaig O'Vein.

He looks and sounds remarkably like Craig Levein, but the ginger moustache and Irish accent make it clear it's somebody else.

A world cup winner, perhaps?

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I've heard he's recommended an Irishman, Shaig O'Vein.

He looks and sounds remarkably like Craig Levein, but the ginger moustache and Irish accent make it clear it's somebody else.
    Ah but does the Oirish Shaig have any winners medals?

GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    Ah but does the Oirish Shaig have any winners medals?

GGTTH
    No because he sh@t himself in the Dundalk toilets in '86.

Some hilarious posts about us on muppetback, apparently we're jealous of them and only copied them after sacking Potter, my sides are really sore 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Some hilarious posts about us on muppetback, apparently we're jealous of them and only copied them after sacking Potter, my sides are really sore 🤣🤣🤣
    And also they will get our first choice and we'll be left with their dregs as always 😂 couldn't make that lot up. We're toiling, just sacked our manager, not won since the opening day of the season but still above those delusional muppets. 4th season on the bounce by the way.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Some hilarious posts about us on muppetback, apparently we're jealous of them and only copied them after sacking Potter, my sides are really sore
    Deflection as it's the poppy sales season again and they don't have a very good record of paying for them

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Well his opinion landed them with Cathro last time he was asked for it so hopefully they end up with somebody equally disastrous.

Remarkable that she would still seek his counsel on this, although I get the feeling his 'sacking' is a cosier agreement than is being made public. Still on the board, still employed until next summer...sounds like he's still very much involved.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Well his opinion landed them with Cathro last time he was asked for it so hopefully they end up with somebody equally disastrous.

Remarkable that she would still seek his counsel on this, although I get the feeling his 'sacking' is a cosier agreement than is being made public. Still on the board, still employed until next summer...sounds like he's still very much involved.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's doing the interviews

🤣

And I suppose we're copying them with the Sporting Director role too by appointing one a few weeks before they decide to have one.

So will no just be. Craigie re- appointed maybe with yon stupid beard shaved off?