hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1465

Thread: Levein Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the wonderful ambiguity of the English language.
    Fits at yer sayin min?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Barnsley now saying they're not the hold up, i caanae eat any more popcorn....

Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway is bemused at the suggestion his club are holding up the appointment of Daniel Stendel as Hearts manager, suggesting the matter could be resolved by telephone instead of the correspondence by letter and hinting that his club's six-figure compensation demand for their former boss is a red herring for other issues.

Daily Mail.....

The problem is and always has been St.Endel himself. By demanding £12k per week add in the coaches he wants and you are looking at £20k per week that Budge will have to pony up. That £1m minimum per year for 3 medium risk employees. Add in the pay offs to Potter, Nanny and the coaches from hell and you can double that.

They have already papered over a £4m hole in their finances, have millions still to pay to finish the Library Stand and the Queen wants her money repaid within 2 years. They are looking at a potential £10m black hole and the DDs wont cover that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post

Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway is bemused at the suggestion his club are holding up the appointment of Daniel Stendel as Hearts manager, suggesting the matter could be resolved by telephone instead of the correspondence by letter and hinting that his club's six-figure compensation demand for their former boss is a red herring for other issues.

Daily Mail.....
    Mrs Doctor Budge does like a good long letter but I think the real delay is when they despatch it to Barnsley forthwith by horse borne courier.

Her footman Levein is in no hurry to see any deal done, so instead of making all speed on his trusty steed Daly he has been spotted killing time at various wetherspoons and Betfreds between Edinburgh and Barnsley.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Daily Mail.....
    I bet they are using second class stamps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    I bet they are using second class stamps as well.
    If you could take one thing from this, it is that Budgie is not very good at running a football club.

She basically stared from ground zero with them, with huge funds and no debt. Now they have a botched stand, botched pitch, bottom of the league and running at a 4m per annum loss and nae senior football people at the club that know what they are doing.

Hilarious.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Mrs Doctor Budge does like a good long letter but I think the real delay is when they despatch it to Barnsley forthwith by horse borne courier.

Her footman Levein is in no hurry to see any deal done, so instead of making all speed on his trusty steed Daly he has been spotted killing time at various wetherspoons and Betfreds between Edinburgh and Barnsley.

Like all big businesses they close down for the best part of a month at this time of year

He knows that the Xmas party season starts soon, and it will be the middle of January before anybody gets round to doing any work again.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Like all big businesses they close down for the best part of a month at this time of year

He knows that the Xmas party season starts soon, and it will be the middle of January before anybody gets round to doing any work again.
    Perfectly understandable, what with the good doctor's seasonal visits to the city's almshouses and then having to prepare the Swan for the table I'm surprised she gets time to even think about what to do next with all the givers money, never mind think about the distractions of appointing a manager when her loyal footman is still "below stairs".

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Daily Mail.....
    I posted the other day that I'd had a few messages saying that this had every chance of falling through. I don't think it's anywhere near as close to being over the line as initially thought.

That said, my own opinion is that Hearts have backed themselves into a corner and so are going to have to go over budget to get their guy or they risk a monumental backlash from their support and going back to the drawing board for the next manager.

I don't think MacPhee has any chance of getting it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I posted the other day that I'd had a few messages saying that this had every chance of falling through. I don't think it's anywhere near as close to being over the line as initially thought.

That said, my own opinion is that Hearts have backed themselves into a corner and so are going to have to go over budget to get their guy or they risk a monumental backlash from their support and going back to the drawing board for the next manager.

Nanny might not not get the gig but there’s a chance the bookies might pay out on him.

Some of the bookie sites I’ve seen say an interim manager in charge for 10 games is considered the permanent manager.

4 more games after Saturday and the bookies pocket the Stendel wagers.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

I think you’re right Matty.

The biggest thing if this doesn’t go ahead will be the backlash from the Hearts fans and rightly so. They’re then left with a who’s who of managerial *****.

Blog Entries
    They’re reluctantly trying to be patient based on Budge’s assertion, when Levein was sacked, that an appointment would take 4 to 6 weeks. To me, that was a bit of a random figure as it was highly probable that an appointment could quite easily be made in a fraction of that timescale. She had no inkling then of the Stendel/Barnsley situation or any other candidate factors yet she comes out with a period of time which, it would appear, now fits Stendelgate exactly. I suppose it happens to really big clubs occasionally, while tinpot clubs like Tottenham Hotspur can sack and appoint within 24 hours.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I think you’re right Matty.

The biggest thing if this doesn’t go ahead will be the backlash from the Hearts fans and rightly so. They’re then left with a who’s who of managerial *****.
    I think that means Hearts pretty much have to get him, so whatever is holding it up right now, Hearts will have to come up with an answer.

Stendel's not covering himself in glory with it though, you look at Jack Ross coming here, he wanted the gig and jumped through hoops to get it, and we got it done very quickly.

Stendel's clearly not as eager to take the job on as Hearts are to get him, I'm not sure I'd be looking for that in a prospective manager.

36 days since Levein the loser was sacked...and still no manager (maybe going for a football world record ?)

57 years and counting since Hearts won the league cup..

3 years and counting and the new main stand still isn’t complete.

Budge loves to keep to her timescales...(obviously the league cup isn’t her timescale)

Blog Entries
    I think that means Hearts pretty much have to get him, so whatever is holding it up right now, Hearts will have to come up with an answer.

Stendel's not covering himself in glory with it though, you look at Jack Ross coming here, he wanted the gig and jumped through hoops to get it, and we got it done very quickly.

Stendel's clearly not as eager to take the job on as Hearts are to get him, I'm not sure I'd be looking for that in a prospective manager.
    I don’t think there’s the remotest chance that they won’t get their man but it’s obviously going to make a massive hole in their wallet.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don’t think there’s the remotest chance that they won’t get their man but it’s obviously going to make a massive hole in their wallet.
    There will be letters going out to secret benefactors as we speak, asking to front up some more money.

I reckon they'll already have asked Barnsley if they can pay in installments and after checking their credit history, Barnsley have told them to bolt.

Can see this falling through, then being swept under a crusty old Heart of Midlothian carpet in the Hans Eskillson suite in the new Mega Stand.

Then expect a very robust statement on yam.co.uk saying that they were never interested in Stendel in the first place but there must be an understanding that big clubs are used by agents to manoeuvre and engineer interest in their clients, part and parcel of being one of the top 3 jobs in British football you see.

Followed by the appointment of Stephen Robinson who has been sitting under their noses the whole time.

Knowing hearts they will probably appoint him on Christmas Day to give them a better chance of winning the Derby

If you have to beg, borrow and steal to get someone in the door they don’t want to be there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If you have to beg, borrow and steal to get someone in the door they don’t want to be there.
    Correct, I'd definitely be hearing alarm bells if that was us in that situation. Especially when you take into consideration the relative urgency of their position.

They're honking, at the bottom end of the table and struggling for form and points. If ever they needed to take swift action then it's now. Instead they're farting about chasing a guy who may or may not want to be there. And making a Noel Hunt of it in the process.

It's quite marvelous, to be honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sunderland manager on Monday maybe

Correct, I'd definitely be hearing alarm bells if that was us in that situation. Especially when you take into consideration the relative urgency of their position.

They're honking, at the bottom end of the table and struggling for form and points. If ever they needed to take swift action then it's now. Instead they're farting about chasing a guy who may or may not want to be there. And making a Noel Hunt of it in the process.

It's quite marvelous, to be honest.
    I think Stendel will go eventually, but hearts problem is that their best players are Berra who’s past it, Souttar who’s injury prone, Naismith who’s knees are made of wheatabix and Ikpeazu who is Leveins favourite son and who McPhee thinks is a winger.

They’ve essentially got a whole team rebuild to do and they’re in the bottom 4 separated from bottom by a point.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    If you could take one thing from this, it is that Budgie is not very good at running a football club.

She basically stared from ground zero with them, with huge funds and no debt. Now they have a botched stand, botched pitch, bottom of the league and running at a 4m per annum loss and nae senior football people at the club that know what they are doing.

Hilarious.
    Yes, this is what baffles me about the seemingly accepted 'fact' among the media that Budge is a wonderful businesswoman. On what is this actually based when it comes to the way she's running Hearts? As far as I can see the only 'business' asset she brings to the table is her connection to friends with money to pump into the club.

Farmer and Petrie (in particular) took a fair amount of flak but their business acumen helped deliver a whole new stadium plus a wholly-owned training academy for probably less than Hearts have spent on one unfinished stand and kept our club living within its means for many years. Sure, the on-field performances were up and down but you couldn't really fault the way they transformed the club's infrastructure.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Yes, this is what baffles me about the seemingly accepted 'fact' among the media that Budge is a wonderful businesswoman. On what is this actually based when it comes to the way she's running Hearts? As far as I can see the only 'business' asset she brings to the table is her connection to friends with money to pump into the club.

Farmer and Petrie (in particular) took a fair amount of flak but their business acumen helped deliver a whole new stadium plus a wholly-owned training academy for probably less than Hearts have spent on one unfinished stand and kept our club living within its means for many years. Sure, the on-field performances were up and down but you couldn't really fault the way they transformed the club's infrastructure.
    Budgie really needs to appoint a CEO not a Director of Football as she is clueless about running a football club.

If you didn’t know better you would think they were trying to get Alex Ferguson out retirement the way this guy has been hyped up. I bet 95% of the dumbos hadn’t even heard of this sacked Barnsley manager 6 weeks ago. All that money for what exactly????

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Lol why's this guy not signed yet

This is comedy gold.

Never even applied for the job and they're virtually begging him to come.

He's obviously holding out for a bigger job to become available down South.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This is comedy gold.

I'm not sure how in-demand he'd be in England given he's just been given the heave-ho from Barnsley.

Sunderland might take a look given he took Barnsley out their league, but I wouldn't bank on loads of other clubs falling over themselves to snap him up.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This is comedy gold.

The inherent difficulties of employing an unemployed manager...

because the 4-6 week period hasn't elapsed