hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 257 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't understand how you think that's a similar situation? Magennis has two years left on his contract. They have no need to sell let alone for next to nothing with a potential sell on. Sort of thing Celtic fans say about other clubs players IMO.
    It’s a similar situation in that money needs to be paid to St Mirren in order for us to secure the transfer of the player.

Nobody said we would be paying them next to nothing, if you read my post again you’ll see that I suggested we could arrange a “reasonable transfer fee” with the decent sell-on clause.

St Mirren don’t need to sell to us if they don’t want to just like they didn’t have to accept our offer to allow us to sign McGinn and we didn’t have to accept Villa’s offer for a player still under contract with us that we valued at £5m but deals were done that benefited the clubs and player.

We can offer the player better money and potential opportunities than St Mirren and while St Mirren would like to keep the player if we can give them a transfer package that is acceptable to them then they will sell him to us.

The last deal we made to sign one of the their players benefited them greatly so I’m assuming they would be receptive to dealing with us again but they might also get a better offer from elsewhere. Either way I can’t see them allowing him to leave at the end of his contract after next season.

Cant see how you can compare that to Celtic fans approach that other clubs should just be grateful for whatever derisory offer Celtic decide to make for their star players who are actually not good enough anyway and their decision to sign them is almost done out of pity.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's nothing like the Mcginn Transfer, it's far more like Kenny McLean to Aberdeen.

All sell ons are different, I'm pretty sure Leeann stated they will get no more from any McGinn sell on % that we arranged with Villa.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I trust we’ve retained Rod to negotiate all our deals even though he’s gone, right?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    All sell ons are different, I'm pretty sure Leeann stated they will get no more from any McGinn sell on % that we arranged with Villa.
    Yep. It could be SM got a big percentage for McGinn upfront when he was first transferred instead of a smaller percentage for every transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's nothing like the Mcginn Transfer, it's far more like Kenny McLean to Aberdeen.
    Absolutely, it’s nothing like McGinn unless Steven thompson fancies spearing Magennis too

With 1.5 years left on his contract it would take a fair chunk of a fee to get him to us so would show some intent on our part. Hopefully we can agree a good deal whether it’s a sell on % or giving them a player in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Absolutely, it’s nothing like McGinn unless Steven thompson fancies spearing Magennis too

With 1.5 years left on his contract it would take a fair chunk of a fee to get him to us so would show some intent on our part. Hopefully we can agree a good deal whether it’s a sell on % or giving them a player in return.
    Is he actually any good? I know he's highly rated so when St Mirren play us or when they are on TV I try to watch him but he's never stood out for me. I see he's listed as a right sided midfielder x

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Is he actually any good? I know he's highly rated so when St Mirren play us or when they are on TV I try to watch him but he's never stood out for me. I see he's listed as a right sided midfielder x
    I certainly rate him.

For me he is more suited to being part of a 3 in the centre of midfield to an out and out winger. He’s good technically on the ball with a good strike on him, very good athletically and is good at getting around the park and pressing the game. Likes getting on the ball and driving at the opposition too.

Is he exactly what we’re missing? No probably not as we’re more missing a defensive minded midfielder imo but there is plenty potential there and he only turned 21 in the summer. I know some of their fans thought he would be the best of their recent patch of good youngsters coming through but think his injuries slightly stalled him.

Theyve certainly had a golden generation over there too with McGinn, McLean, Morgan, Mallan, McAllister, and Magennis.

I certainly rate him.

For me he is more suited to being part of a 3 in the centre of midfield to an out and out winger. He’s good technically on the ball with a good strike on him, very good athletically and is good at getting around the park and pressing the game. Likes getting on the ball and driving at the opposition too.

Is he exactly what we’re missing? No probably not as we’re more missing a defensive minded midfielder imo but there is plenty potential there and he only turned 21 in the summer. I know some of their fans thought he would be the best of their recent patch of good youngsters coming through but think his injuries slightly stalled him.

Theyve certainly had a golden generation over there too with McGinn, McLean, Morgan, Mallan, McAllister, and Magennis.
    Imagine they would be even better if they didn't limit themselves to 'M' in the directory

Can he tackle? Or is at least willing to?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I certainly rate him.

They certainly do love their M’s

Just checked up on Omeonga, team is bottom of the league and he has hardly played. Mostly on the bench and sometimes not in the squad. Waste of 6months for the lad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Just checked up on Omeonga, team is bottom of the league and he has hardly played. Mostly on the bench and sometimes not in the squad. Waste of 6months for the lad
    McGeough also on the bench again this weekend with no game time. Waste of really good players, but money talks.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    McGeough also on the bench again this weekend with no game time. Waste of really good players, but money talks.
    Money talks i'm afraid

Omeonga was different class at Hibs But would probably sacrifice more game time for cash , Sad but true , Rated this guy , But £££ talk

Devante Cole from Motherwell is only on loan till January which is contract at Wigan ending in the summer. Sort of player we need imo.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Devante Cole from Motherwell is only on loan till January which is contract at Wigan ending in the summer. Sort of player we need imo.
    Thought he looked awful yesterday, would be disappointed if that’s the level we bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Thought he looked awful yesterday, would be disappointed if that’s the level we bring in.
    Awful? Really?

Fair enough, I though him and the other winger Hylton caused us a lot of problems with their pace and directness, which is something we lack imo.

Wouldnt imagine it would break the bank to bring him in and would just be an additional option to the attacking third.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Literally the only person I’ve seen with the opinion that he looked awful yesterday

@hibs.net private member
    I wish our wide men played as awful as that! Thought he looked dangerous every time he was on the ball.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I wish our wide men played as awful as that! Thought he looked dangerous every time he was on the ball.
    Don’t think he was a wide man? I thought he was played through the middle?

I never really notice players on the other team, I thought their left winger was excellent but apart from that couldn’t tell you if Cole was any good or not.

Awful? Really?

Fair enough, I though him and the other winger Hylton caused us a lot of problems with their pace and directness, which is something we lack imo.

Wouldnt imagine it would break the bank to bring him in and would just be an additional option to the attacking third.
    Horgan proved more effective than both of them.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Cole is a striker who played out wide at times yesterday as he switched with the other striker Long. Thought he looked ok. Nothing spectacular.

Thought the guy Hylton? Playing against Naismith looked a handful

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Literally the only person I’ve seen with the opinion that he looked awful yesterday
    In that case I better change my opinion so it aligns with the people you’ve spoken too then 🙄. Widemen with a few flash skills in their locker are ten-a-penny, I’m more interested in end product. Motherwell’s wide players also offered zero protection to their full backs who were constantly exposed.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Mikel Miller is still the one to watch development wise.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Money talks i'm afraid

Omeonga was different class at Hibs But would probably sacrifice more game time for cash , Sad but true , Rated this guy , But £££ talk
    If it was only as easy as that. He will have not had an option as Hibs couldn’t cover the required financials to make it happen so would hold fire casting aspersions on the player.

In that case I better change my opinion so it aligns with the people you’ve spoken too then 🙄. Widemen with a few flash skills in their locker are ten-a-penny, I’m more interested in end product. Motherwell’s wide players also offered zero protection to their full backs who were constantly exposed.
    Agree about end product but if you set your team up with wingers you compensate in other areas. Well we're dangerous but we were clinical. Had we played like this a few weeks ago we would be near 4th in the league. Very frustrating how many points we've dropped. I know we had defensive injuries and porteous has made a big difference as has Naismith but so many potential wins turned into draws. Grrrr.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Thought the guy Hylton? Playing against Naismith looked a handful
    Defo if we could get him I'd be happy . Very exciting player

First Team Regular
    Interesting to hear Michael Stewart saying both on Saturday and on Sportscene that we need a centre half. Candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    Interesting to hear Michael Stewart saying both on Saturday and on Sportscene that we need a centre half. Candidates?
    Hanlon beat far to easy in the 1st half, striker took him a run and blew him away