hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 257 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dylan McGeoch would get injured on A Question of Sport. The only person that seemed to get round this was Neil Lennon, who was able to convince the guy he wasn't injured at all. It's all in his head.

Bottom line, if he returns we'll get about 10 games a season out of him.
    Weird you think we would only get 10 games out of someone whos played more than 10 games every year since 2014.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dylan McGeoch would get injured on A Question of Sport. The only person that seemed to get round this was Neil Lennon, who was able to convince the guy he wasn't injured at all. It's all in his head.

Bottom Line, this is how many games he played for Hibs:

2014: 26
    2015: 30
    2016: 23
    2017: 42

Hardly 10 games a season.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Bottom Line, this is how many games he played for Hibs:

2014: 26
    2015: 30
    2016: 23
    2017: 42

Hardly 10 games a season.
    Yeah but the point is that if he’d missed about two thirds of the games he played for us, he’d only have played about 10 games a season.

I always find it funny how players in the last years of their contracts play practically every game possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Judging from his performance in the Dundee derby last week and what the Dundee fans are saying about Mackie, then I’m not surprised that we let him go on loan as he looks nowhere near ready for a regular 1st team spot.
    I thought Sean was just about Dee's best player last week & he was outstanding when he came on against Morton previously. I do think however his best position would be as wingback in a 352.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Complete bollocks - Dylan has/had a hip issue that requires corrective action that could see him out for months. Dylan reportedly felt very badly treated and now he's at Sunderland warming the bench as opposed to improving us.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Nonsense. Absolute rubbish. A horrible way to speak about a real Hibs legend as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Yeah but the point is that if he’d missed about two thirds of the games he played for us, he’d only have played about 10 games a season.
    And that's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by marvellous View Post
    and that's the bottom line.
    what?
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 15-11-2019 at 03:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvellous View Post
    And that's the bottom line.
    Cos Speedway said so.

Jim Goodwin issues hands off Kyle Magennis warning to Hibs even though as far as I'm aware Hibs haven't shown and interest

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Jim Goodwin issues hands off Kyle Magennis warning to Hibs even though as far as I'm aware Hibs haven't shown and interest
    Yup, that's a weird one. Preemptive maybe.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The majority of Hibs recent signings have been made with the greatest discretion with almost no leaks wwhatsoever.

It could well be that we've been sniffing about and Goodwin's got wind of it.

Magennis is someone iv mentioned before and is the exact type of player we should be going for imo.

Young, talented, Scottish and plenty of potential.

Captained St Mirren and also good experience with the Scottish youth teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The majority of Hibs recent signings have been made with the greatest discretion with almost no leaks wwhatsoever.

It could well be that we've been sniffing about and Goodwin's got wind of it.
    21 with 2 years left on his contract, if he's thiught of that highly if woukd take a fair chunk of money to get him in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Money talks. A SJM type off and he will be ER bound.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I think it's almost to start the ball rolling with a bid, St Mirren know they can get cash from us or use us to start a bidding war, no one has come in for him yet and they've not sold anyone for a decent amount of money for a while (McGinn sell on probably their last bit of decent cash) so get people thinking about Hibs buying him and then when they do, hopefully drive up the price.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Mind this time five years ago when we were trying to sign Jim Goodwin himself?

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Money talks. A SJM type off and he will be ER bound.
    SJM was out of contract so a very different situation.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    SJM was out of contract so a very different situation.
    St Midden were still due compensation from us as he was developed through their youth system. The amount it was going to cost put off other clubs Scotland and he was close to moving to MLS I believe as they wouldn't have had to pay anything for him.

We ultimately settled on an arrangement that included the high sell-on percentage which could end up earning them several million quid if Mcginn moves from Villa for big money and they are due a cut of our profits from that too.

Given that, I can imagine they would be open to a reasonable transfer fee from us and similar type of sell-on arrangement if we do go for Magennis.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Mind this time five years ago when we were trying to sign Jim Goodwin himself?
    *shudders

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Magennis is someone iv mentioned before and is the exact type of player we should be going for imo.

Young, talented, Scottish and plenty of potential.

Captained St Mirren and also good experience with the Scottish youth teams.
    I like this type of signing. If true i feel really positive already. The lad only needs to see where John McGinn is at now to see how good a move to Hibs would be.

Can see Magennis being a good signing.
    Hopefully now Ross is on board with some more lessons learned from the recruitment team we will see some exciting players coming in.

In a parallel universe we could be signing Efe just now having also been opportunistic when it looked like there was possibility to have had Cummings & McGeough back adding to Glen Kamara, Shankland and Lewis Morgan. There was a groundswell for us moving for all these players on here before they were beyond us like some of them are now.

What's my point? I don't really know. The alarm has just went off and I'm half asleep and rambling

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    St Midden were still due compensation from us as he was developed through their youth system. The amount it was going to cost put off other clubs Scotland and he was close to moving to MLS I believe as they wouldn't have had to pay anything for him.

We ultimately settled on an arrangement that included the high sell-on percentage which could end up earning them several million quid if Mcginn moves from Villa for big money and they are due a cut of our profits from that too.

Given that, I can imagine they would be open to a reasonable transfer fee from us and similar type of sell-on arrangement if we do go for Magennis.
    Why would they be due several million if he leaves villa they already got their sell on cut when we sold him to villa. Many sell on clauses do you think they have, it’s only Rod that negotiated sell on after sell on 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

Can't understand how you think that's a similar situation? Magennis has two years left on his contract. They have no need to sell let alone for next to nothing with a potential sell on. Sort of thing Celtic fans say about other clubs players IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Why would they be due several million if he leaves villa they already got their sell on cut when we sold him to villa. Many sell on clauses do you think they have, it’s only Rod that negotiated sell on after sell on ��
    No, its pretty standard. You get a % of the profit made by the seller. If we get more money from an SJM sell on, then that's more profit & St M get more money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    No, its pretty standard. You get a % of the profit made by the seller. If we get more money from an SJM sell on, then that's more profit & St M get more money.
    It depends on the deal we negotiated with St Mirren. They might be due more money, they might not. Don't think I've heard from anyone who knows definitively either way.

Yup. Sure we benefited from each of Fletchers transfers

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Why would they be due several million if he leaves villa they already got their sell on cut when we sold him to villa. Many sell on clauses do you think they have, it’s only Rod that negotiated sell on after sell on 😂
    Sell-on fees are often worded as “X% of transfer profit” if that’s the type of arrangement we have with them then the money we earn from our sell-on clause with Villa would be considered transfer profit and we would be due the appropriate percentage of that amount to St Mirren.

Not claiming to know the ins and outs of our deal with St Mirren but I believe that’s the way it tends to work and why we kept getting payments for Steven Fletcher when he moved clubs and Dundee United & Queens Park got payments when Andy Robertson moved to Liverpool etc

It depends 100% on the deal, they are all unique, nothing is standard.