hibs.net Messageboard

Page 167 of 257 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 7703
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gullan has appered for Hibs and Dundee already this season. Am I right in saying he can't now go and play elsewhere this season?
    With that in mind, I think he can go back to play for Raith. I think he was recalled just in case we fail to bring in a striker, if we do I'd rather he goes back out to play football than sit on our bench/play for the development team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    It strengthens our negotiating position if we get McGinn to agree a deal with us first. Then sort out the fee knowing he won't be in Goodwins long term plan. To pay for him now would be unwise on our part.

I can see Gullan going back to Raith. Yeah, in the above I've assumed Murray was already on loan at Dundee, i thought it was done.

No point paying his wages while he is injured. We may sign him next season but if we have an option or injury clause in the loan we must cancel that and focus the wages on someone else.
    I think McGinn has already indicated he wants to move to us and we have a decent relationship with St Mirren after our last McGinn deal. Probably not worth playing funny buggers with them if we plan on going back for someone like Magennis in future.

Naismith got injured while playing for us, we are still responsible for paying his wages for the loan period. We can't just say "sorry we broke your player, you can have him back and we're not paying for him" to Peterborough.

We are on the hook for those wages anyway so may as well keep him up here and make sure we get him back up to speed and rehabbed properly rather than sending him away somewhere else where you don't know how well he is going to get treated if we plan on signing him in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Obviously the people discussing it are interested.

Folk coming on the transfer thread complaining about what other people are discussing. Unreal!
    Why would you want to discuss Celtic and “The Rangers” on a Hibs transfer thread. Away over to The Rangers or Celtic forums and do it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    https://t.co/ACqirVeAs1?ssr=true

What’s going on here then?
    Eh?
    Noise up

McGinn will sign.

McNulty won’t be joining us as Sunderland wont sell. This will only change if Sunderland get another striker which is unlikely. If it happens it will be last minute. I believe McNulty is the other of the two JR references over past 48 hours.

I think that will be us. We will be light on numbers and cover in defence and attack and still no DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Why would you want to discuss Celtic and “The Rangers” on a Hibs transfer thread. Away over to The Rangers or Celtic forums and do it there.
    👏👏👏👏

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    They're our opponents. Why would you not want to discuss what our opponents are up to?

It's a forum to discuss all things football.

Why would you want to criticise what people want to discuss on a Hibs forum? Away to mums.net and do it there.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    A hibs transfer thread and some people are discussing the rangers and Celtic transfers.

No one cares

Unreal
    I think you need to read the thread title, it is the "Greggs Winter 2019-20 transfer Thread" it is a thread to discuss all transfers in this window. If you check back on the 160 odd pages (and they are very odd) there have been discussions about English, European and Scottish transfers. It is obviously mostly Hibs but not exclusively Hibs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I think you need to read the thread title, it is the "Greggs Winter 2019-20 transfer Thread" it is a thread to discuss all transfers in this window. If you check back on the 160 odd pages (and they are very odd) there have been discussions about English, European and Scottish transfers. It is obviously mostly Hibs but not exclusively Hibs.
    Beat me to it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Or husband, it's 2020.
    😁

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    McGinn will sign.

McNulty won’t be joining us as Sunderland wont sell. This will only change if Sunderland get another striker which is unlikely. If it happens it will be last minute. I believe McNulty is the other of the two JR references over past 48 hours.

I think that will be us. We will be light on numbers and cover in defence and attack and still no DM.
    I think McNulty is on loan at Sunderland? I could be wrong though.

I’d prefer we move for Nesbit at Dunfermline, sign the DM boy from Le Harve and SPM from St Mirren. That will do until the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    He is on loan at Sunderland. I think he will be here ion a permanent in the summer, Reading looking to release him. If Sunderland send him back I would expect him here on a perm this window, if not then there’s nothing we can do.

Jake Hastie been recalled to the huns from Rotherham. Forgot he’d even signed for them.

They have some amount of midfielders.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No idea why your picking on Stuart. Our squad is week as ****, we are kicking about 6th and the window closes in four days. The same repetition to calm down was being said in the middle of Jan.
    4 days is an eternity in this window. Probably about 50% of the business done in January happens in the last 4 hours!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I think McGinn has already indicated he wants to move to us and we have a decent relationship with St Mirren after our last McGinn deal. Probably not worth playing funny buggers with them if we plan on going back for someone like Magennis in future.

Naismith got injured while playing for us, we are still responsible for paying his wages for the loan period. We can't just say "sorry we broke your player, you can have him back and we're not paying for him" to Peterborough.

We are on the hook for those wages anyway so may as well keep him up here and make sure we get him back up to speed and rehabbed properly rather than sending him away somewhere else where you don't know how well he is going to get treated if we plan on signing him in the summer.
    It seems Dundee lobbed us Mackie back once he got injured don’t se why we can’t do the same with Naismith

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForHeros16 View Post
    It seems Dundee lobbed us Mackie back once he got injured don’t se why we can’t do the same with Naismith
    Guess it depends if they think their rehab is better than ours. Thats probably why we have Mackie.Dundee and us still have to pay.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Remember how Hearts treaded a young injured Cummings - leaving him to get private and NHS treatment for an injury sustained while playing with them

We all thought that was (and still is) a disgrace

I prefer my team does things the right way

Maybe Dundee offered to rehabilitate Mackie but we prefer to look after our players?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    McGinn will sign.

If we only bring in McGinn between now and friday it’s an absolute shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    https://t.co/ACqirVeAs1?ssr=true

What’s going on here then?
    If you use the arrows to scroll along it has the entire Hibs squad

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If we only bring in McGinn between now and friday it’s an absolute shambles.
    We won't.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    By midnight on Friday I'll predict:

IN
    Paul McGinn (pre contract, small fee to join now)
    Amos Youga (pre contract, small fee to join now)
    Marc McNulty (loan, option to buy)

OUT
    Jamie Gullan (Loan)
    Jason Naismith (Loan Terminated)

That leaves us with no cover for DM if Youga is injured, but JR will probably field Hallberg, Omeonga or Slivka there. It also means we only have 3 forwards on the books. Assuming McGinn can play CB we won't provide any more cover.

Still concerned with the balance of the squad and unconvinced we cannot do better than McNulty. Kamberi or Slivka could also leave providing we have replacements lined up.
    Gullan will be our fourth striker. Murray will go out on loan.

I can see those three in being the best case scenario, which really isn't good enough.

As can be seen from the comments, it doesnt matter who we bring in.....it wont be enough for some.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    If you use the arrows to scroll along it has the entire Hibs squad
    Have we swapped teams? Does that mean we are now second in the League?

One boy on twitter just the one mind reckons the boy from the French club is rubbish 🙄

https://twitter.com/__benjb/status/1...812127744?s=19

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    One boy on twitter just the one mind reckons the boy from the French club is rubbish 🙄

Don’t need him to be technically gifted, just need him to win the ball back and kick people when they need kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Why would I seek attention? I legitimately explain my concerns. Who the ****s Joe Cool? Daddy’s son obviously.
    Clearly its generational ,Joe Cool around lot longer than Boney M

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Looks decent of Football Manager........

https://fmdataba.com/20/p/157391/amos-youga/

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie79 View Post
    Looks decent of Football Manager........

https://fmdataba.com/20/p/157391/amos-youga/
    He does , Another boy on twitter done his stats v's Bartley and he seems an upgrade on Bartley, if you go by FM20 right enough.

I'm hoping our interest is genuine and we may see him in this window

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    How would we react, if our 'defensive cover' turns out to be Christophe Berra?