hibs.net Messageboard

Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257
Results 7,681 to 7,703 of 7703
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All properly constituted contracts are legally binding in that they set obligations to both parties but the terms any contract can be breached and there will be penalties and consequences for doing so that may be pursued in court. In terms of a football contract one necessary element outside any contract is the registration of the player with the league. Without that they can’t play so the willingness of the football authorities to recognise a contract for registration purposes I think is nil over 6 months in advance.

The term ‘pre’ is both misleading and factual- such a contract is just a contract but what the agreement that it documents refers in effect to a further contract the terms and conditions thereof is set out in the first.

My view is they are a formally made promise the breaches of which are not really something that will have played out but give some robust assurance to both parties.
    I don’t believe the SFA recognise contracts for registration purposes in advance even within the final 6 months.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Thinking about how we tried to get Nisbet I wondered about a pre-contract signing being a possibility. To be honest I don't fully understand pre-contracts. Anyone able to describe what they actually entail? Thanks.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed an answer to my question. Much appreciated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Not good enough for Switzerland you have to whore yourself to Albania but it’s a “DREAM “ to play for rangers? FANNY

Perfectly summed-up!. It's not often the Hun get a player they so richly deserve but in this particular fannie's case - it's a doozey !

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    We missed a golden opportunity to sign Kenny and Mikel, the Miller brothers, last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Thanks to everyone who contributed an answer to my question. Much appreciated.
    He has 18 months left on his contract👍

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Have we got any trialists or new youth signings? Noticed a foreign guy in the west stand with a Hibs jacket on that I don’t recognise. Sitting with Dabrowski. Looks a bit too old to me to be youth team. Could just be a pal or something but, and this sounds weird, he looked like a footballer.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Nisbit on bench today

Probably gives an idea where his head is at

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

We need a centre half
    Lets sign efe ambrose! Efe ambrose!

I see Nisbet wasn’t in the Dunfermline Team today. I wonder if he was a bit miffed he never got his move last night.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I don’t believe the SFA recognise contracts for registration purposes in advance even within the final 6 months.
    Yes we are actually in agreement What I meant is that I understood that the SFA would not see a pre contract, signed over 6 months in advance that becomes the current contract, as being valid and so would only register the player when the previous clubs contract ended if a completely separate contract is then signed.

Anyway it’s all a bit moot at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    I see Nisbet wasn’t in the Dunfermline Team today. I wonder if he was a bit miffed he never got his move last night.
    Seemingly it didn't go down too well with their fans as they missed 3 easy chances in the first 5 minutes with him on the bench.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He was kicking about at the warm up looking not best pleased apparently. Could well be due to him not being picked right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He was kicking about at the warm up looking not best pleased apparently. Could well be due to him not being picked right enough.
    According to Pars fans forum he took a knock in last match and they didn’t want to risk him on a plastic pitch. It also said he wanted to go to Hibs. I thought we also made an enquiry for Mikel Miller of Hamilton out of contract in summer so if we are serious could get him on a pre contract agreement.

Alex Gocic looked decent for Hamilton today, can play DM very well and out of contract in the summer. There are a few we gems in the Scottish league.

Blog Entries
    Mikel Miller nowhere to be seen either today. Perhaps he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    We need a centre half
    Lets sign efe ambrose! Efe ambrose!
    Ditto would settle the defence down PH and DM and RP were better when efe was here

Left by mutual consent!
    Tony Watt to sign for Motherwell apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Tony Watt to sign for Motherwell apparently.
    Not to bothered would rather see a youngster get game time off the bench
    If we are serious about wanting to develop young talent we need to play them or they end up not getting a proper opportunity
    We aren’t going to get relegated and we probably aren’t going to get a European Spot as drawing too many games
    So use the rest of the season to allow Hammer and Murray and anyone else highly regarded in that system get game time and see what they can do
    Hammer was doing well at Raith Rovers It’s hampering his development if he is just going to sit on our bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hendry got crocked pretty quick in Australia and he'll be out for a while.....

Hadn't realised big Dave had joined Glentoran

Ross Wallace signs for St Mirren until the end of the season, he's 34 now but was a great player in his day. Was playing regularly and well for Sheffield Wednesday only a couple of season ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Ross Wallace signs for St Mirren until the end of the season, he's 34 now but was a great player in his day. Was playing regularly and well for Sheffield Wednesday only a couple of season ago.
    One of his funniest moments on a fiorball pitch

https://twitter.com/stramashing/status/1227278759860088832?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Was at Fleetwood last season very ordinary performances.