hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

There are no heads in the sand in the Boardroom at Easter Road...

...at least that's what a Hibs' Director told me when I challenged him with that assertion outside the West Stand post-match.

Oh, and I also that I had "no evidence" to back that claim up.

So we can go to our beds tonight safe in the knowledge that our club is in good hands, ladies and gentlemen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...at least that's what a Hibs' Director told me when I challenged him with that assertion outside the West Stand post-match.

So we can go to our beds tonight safe in the knowledge that our club is in good hands, ladies and gentlemen.
    You need to get yourself up as a fans rep Scotty. You could make a difference.

@hibs.net private member

That could mean they are also very concerned...not necessarily a bad response

it’s easy to sack a manager...last time we did it , we ended up relegated from a better position than we are today..

I have no doubt they will be considering every possible option currently ..but they are right not to knee jerk unless they have a better way forward ...

The last correspondence from Dempster was that we had a really good transfer window. She’s not sacked Hecky so she’s satisfied with his performance as manager.

All the evidence he needs is there on the pitch nearly every week since about the time of the top six/bottom six split last season.

If the Board doesn't have its head in the sand, why the silence and inaction? Maybe our fans reps can find out?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

it’s easy to sack a manager...last time we did it , we ended up relegated from a better position than we are today..

I have no doubt they will be considering every possible option currently ..but they are right not to knee jerk unless they have a better way forward ...

If they havent got a better way forward they shouldnt be at the club. Theyve had months to prepare and seek out potential replacements as hes been riding his luck since ibrox.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Their heads are in the balance sheets. It's the only performance they're concerned about.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    If they havent got a better way forward they shouldnt be at the club. Theyve had months to prepare and seek out potential replacements as hes been riding his luck since ibrox.
    You think they should have booted him after our first defeat of the season ? Think it was 2-1 with 15 minutes to go ...

Your first point is correct, but when I suggested we're headed for relegation he didn't want to know and walked off with a dismissive shake of his hand.

I guess that's what passes for "communication" at Easter Road these days...and before anyone suggests e-mailing the club to express concerns they just routinely ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Who was it?
    My guess. Mr Houston
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Your first point is correct, but when I suggested we're headed for relegation he didn't want to know and walked off with a dismissive shake of his hand.

I guess that's what passes for "communication" at Easter Road these days...and before anyone suggests e-mailing the club to express concerns they just routinely ignore it.

he can’t actively agree with you ...that would be an altogether bigger thread on here...and in the press ...

They will be very concerned ...impossible not to be

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Box Fish View Post
    The last correspondence from Dempster was that we had a really good transfer window. She’s not sacked Hecky so she’s satisfied with his performance as manager.
    Saying there was nothing wrong with the transfer window [Newall excluded] doesn't mean their isn't a problem with the management of those players..

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    My guess. Mr Houston
    I think it was him, BH. I normally wouldn't share any communication I have with the club, whether that's through e-mail communications or private conversations, but i'm making an exception here.

I think it was him, BH. I normally wouldn't share any communication I have with the club, whether that's through e-mail communications or private conversations, but i'm making an exception here.
    Same man who shrugged shoulders after Hertz game when I asked how long we were going to suffer
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Talk is cheap. Relegation is expensive. The board have had plenty time to act and I don’t expect them to make any moves to replace PH any time soon. As we’re second bottom and without a league win since 4th August we’re already in a perilous position but sticking with PH is almost certainly going to see us relegated.

You think they should have booted him after our first defeat of the season ? Think it was 2-1 with 15 minutes to go ...
    I didnt say that. I said hes been riding his luck since then. How he survived the derby is scandelous.

You’ve no reason to hide your info mate, I was just curious as to who was blind to the issues and who wasn’t.

Thanks for sharing.

My guess. Mr Houston
    Houston we have a problem

Left by mutual consent!
    Bums on seats is the only thing they understand. My big bum won’t be taking up its usual seat for the foreseeable.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Same man who shrugged shoulders after Hertz game when I asked how long we were going to suffer

He needs to GTF as well. Mega changes required.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hope I’m not the only one fed up with everything Hibs...club stance on everything at the moment seems backwards. Arms length to the fans once more. They want happy clappers only.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Hope I’m not the only one fed up with everything Hibs...club stance on everything at the moment seems backwards. Arms length to the fans once more. They want happy clappers only.
    I’m in the same boring boat. Smoke and mirrors for the fans, blinkered propaganda pish is all we will hear from the club for the foreseeable.

What was the board director going to say “aye you’re spot on mate, none of us have a clue what we’re doing.”?

Their heads are very much in the sand until they act decisively.

The board at this moment in time are incompetent.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Wtf do people expect a director to say?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    What was the board director going to say “aye you’re spot on mate, none of us have a clue what we’re doing.”?
    He could have had a reasoned discussion instead of instantly going in the defensive and accusing a paying fan of having no evidence of a claim? Doesn’t exactly reek of having confidence in your handling of a situation.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I didnt say that. I said hes been riding his luck since then. How he survived the derby is scandelous.
    Fair enough. But that is in hindsight ....I’m sure they expected us to go and win the last two games. I suspect those will have changed their mindset significantly......

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Wtf do people expect a director to say?
    Anything that doesn't alienate their wage holders would be a good start.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    The silence from the board is deafening

How they can still back Heckinbottom as manager is just getting way beyond a joke. If I was performing as inept in my job as Heckinbottom is in his, I’d be getting handed my P45.