hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Murray

And some people have been calling for him to start for weeks. Sorry but an element is not his fault but he’s not the player you bring on defending a 2-1 lead. Disastrous cameo

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To say Fraser Murray cost us 2 points is utterly ridiculous. His mistake resulted in a goal - the likes of Vela made mistakes galore but got away with them.
    So he ****ed it Is what you’re saying. How many mistakes did Vela cost us?

Murray has a bad 10 minutes and he gets lambasted. Horgan has a bad 10 months and everyone backs him to the hilt. Hibs fans are a special breed man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Was it Vela that never closed down Graham for the first goal

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Was it Vela that never closed down Graham for the first goal
    Dunno, wisney there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Murray has a bad 10 minutes and he gets lambasted. Horgan has a bad 10 months and everyone backs him to the hilt. Hibs fans are a special breed man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You couldn't make it up eh?

We have a host of so called senior pro's playing like beginners and this young lad starting his career is thrown in to play left wing when he's a central midfielder and he gets called out for one bloody mistake, the fans of this club are a disgrace at times.

If you all want to vent your anger then aim it at the head coach, the two ghost like players of Vela and Newell, the ego that is Kamberi, the enigma that is Horgan or one of the worst right backs I've ever seen in Naismith.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    No idea what the asterisks hide. But it's more than likely not what I said.

No point in responding further as I see you said you weren't actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

We have a host of so called senior pro's playing like beginners and this young lad starting his career is thrown in to play left wing when he's a central midfielder and he gets called out for one bloody mistake, the fans of this club are a disgrace at times.

If you all want to vent your anger then aim it at the head coach, the two ghost like players of Vela and Newell, the ego that is Kamberi, the enigma that is Horgan or one of the worst right backs I've ever seen in Naismith.
    This, in spades ✅
    This is how it feels

Agree with all that apart from Naismith. He was OK today, certainly miles better than James last week.

Agree with all that apart from Naismith. He was OK today, certainly miles better than James last week.

Dear god if he was better than James, how bad is James because Naismith was brutally slow and lost his man almost all game, he was shocking.

No idea what the asterisks hide. But it's more than likely not what I said.

No point in responding further as I see you said you weren't actually there.
    No, it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. I was merely pointing out how daft your point was that Vela’s mistakes didn’t lead to goals but Murray’s did and has seen 3 points go to 1.

Our young players are talented, but they aren’t Teflon.

Yeah, it wasn’t just one mistake though, was it? If you read my post properly you’d be aware of that.

He looked about two stone overweight whenever he ran today, I don’t know who that’s down to, but there’s the facts. He was slow as anything moving up and down the park and it bordered on painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Yeah, it wasn’t just one mistake though, was it? If you read my post properly you’d be aware of that.

He looked about two stone overweight whenever he ran today, I don’t know who that’s down to, but there’s the facts. He was slow as anything moving up and down the park and it bordered on painful to watch.

Must've been a different Murray I seen taking the ball when he 1st came on and sprinting past the right back but on you go having a go at one of our young inexperienced players thrown into the deep end by Heckinbottom, we have a lot more serious problems than a young lad making an odd mistake today.

No, it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. I was merely pointing out how daft your point was that Vela’s mistakes didn’t lead to goals but Murray’s did and has seen 3 points go to 1.

Our young players are talented, but they aren’t Teflon.
    Nah it wasn't daft at all. Hanlon was bullied out of his first challenge in the match by wee Billy McKay. Didn't cost us a goal luckily but it was awful. Vela misplaced several passes but luckily they didn't result in a goal. Mistakes worse than Murray's. I could go on and on.

What a load of rubbish. You will be that fan who was slagging for being too light last season.

He came on with 10 mins to go into a team which was rudderless and on the back foot. Sure he fluffed a header but so what. The waste is space he replaced should be the target of your ire.

Utterly bizarre post. No idea what game you were at.

Must've been a different Murray I seen taking the ball when he 1st came on and sprinting past the right back but on you go having a go at one of our young inexperienced players thrown into the deep end by Heckinbottom, we have a lot more serious problems than a young lad making an odd mistake today.
    Fraser didn’t sprint at all today - let alone past an opponent. He did look like he was towing a caravan as another poster put it. I like him but he was very poor when he came on.

Could you roughly tell me what minute this was in, I’ve got a HibsTV account and if I’ve got it wrong then, fair play, I’ll watch it back and hold my hands up. Don’t think I have though, he looked seriously short of pace today.

Fraser Murray isn't the problem. We've been finding new ways to throw away the 3 points for weeks now

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Fraser didn’t sprint at all today - let alone past an opponent. He did look like he was towing a caravan as another poster put it. I like him but he was very poor when he came on.
    I'm with you, I like Murray but he wasn't good today. Had the opportunity to take us forward or keep us forward a couple of times and didn't.

Not to blame for the draw by a long way, but I doubt he'll be happy with his contribution today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    To say Fraser Murray cost us 2 points is utterly ridiculous. His mistake resulted in a goal - the likes of Vela made mistakes galore but got away with them.
    Vela set up the second with a great tackle high up the pitch, something we’ve been crying out for all season

Could you roughly tell me what minute this was in, I’ve got a HibsTV account and if I’ve got it wrong then, fair play, I’ll watch it back and hold my hands up. Don’t think I have though, he looked seriously short of pace today.
    Almost as soon as he came on, my 1st thought was at least he was positive and moved the ball quickly forward, I didn't catch the mistake as I was out the stadium going back to my cab to miss the crowd. There are more people to have a go at than a young lad starting out, he's a centre mid out on the left wing, we had Middleton sitting on the bench ffs?

Nah it wasn't daft at all. Hanlon was bullied out of his first challenge in the match by wee Billy McKay. Didn't cost us a goal luckily but it was awful. Vela misplaced several passes but luckily they didn't result in a goal. Mistakes worse than Murray's. I could go on and on.
    Mistakes worse than the one Murray made that costs us a goal? Oh do tell us more.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Remember when Terry Butcher did our young players some damage..same applies now Hecky is the problem and until he leaves regression is all that we will see. Stubbs in

Almost as soon as he came on, my 1st thought was at least he was positive and moved the ball quickly forward, I didn't catch the mistake as I was out the stadium going back to my cab to miss the crowd. There are more people to have a go at than a young lad starting out, he's a centre mid out on the left wing, we had Middleton sitting on the bench ffs?
    He’s not immune from criticism when he screws things up. He cost us today.

Left by mutual consent!
    It wasn’t just the mistake, he played like he was wading through mud, looked hopelessly out of his depth

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    It wasn’t just the mistake, he played like he was wading through mud, looked hopelessly out of his depth
    Was the same last week...looks like he is trying too hard ...and lacks composure

Sorry, haven’t read the comments on the thread but again I look at the manager here.

Makes a relatively attacking sub for us to use as an outball presumably and then instructs him to retain the ball and not run at defender and stretch.
    - see the Newell sub at Aberdeen and previous examples, Ibrox for instance

The manager doesn’t know how to keep us playing once we have a lead. His performance as sub fits into that wider issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Sorry, haven’t read the comments on the thread but again I look at the manager here.

Makes a relatively attacking sub for us to use as an outball presumably and then instructs him to retain the ball and not run at defender and stretch.
    - see the Newell sub at Aberdeen and previous examples, Ibrox for instance

The manager doesn’t know how to keep us playing once we have a lead. His performance as sub fits into that wider issue for me.
    How do you know what he was instructed to do? Or are you actual Fraser Murray?

Mistakes worse than the one Murray made that costs us a goal? Oh do tell us more.
    Hiding. Far worse than an honest mistake.