hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Murray

Fraser Murray

Don’t want to be too harsh on a youngster, but what on earth was that performance today?

Failed to play a proper pass to Kamberi on the counter.
    Looked dreadfully unfit and ran like he was towing a car.
    Headed the ball to the County player for their equaliser.

Hopefully it’s just a rare blip, but he cost us that game today with his shambolic performance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He is nowhere near good enough

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is nowhere near good enough
    I agree. Won’t make it at Hibs.

Pulled out of the header I'm afraid.Second time that has cost us a goal.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I didn’t see his performances today, but a struggling team with no confidence and vastly lacking quality isn’t really a great platform to bring a youngster in from the cold. That said, Murray has shown some potential, but the longer he is out the team the better he seems to get. At the moment he’s in the same bracket as Harris, Stanton & Handling. Shown some potential but yet to actually show he will make it at Hibs. Miles behind Porteous and Shaw despite being a similar age.

The youngsters are not being prepared for the first team, time for change in that department as well imo.

As nice as all the coaches are its not good enough at hibs end of!!

He was shocking. Yet folk are lambasting Newall and Vela on another thread. Our academy guys get too easy a ride from many on here and folk have been crying out for Murray to be given a chance. On today’s evidence I can see why he’s been nowhere near the team lately. Cost us two points ultimately.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    To say Fraser Murray cost us 2 points is utterly ridiculous. His mistake resulted in a goal - the likes of Vela made mistakes galore but got away with them.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I am all for blooding youngsters but currently our senior players can't find the character and mindset to get themselves through the games never mind take the time to help the inexperienced ones through.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    To say Fraser Murray cost us 2 points is utterly ridiculous. His mistake resulted in a goal - the likes of Vela made mistakes galore but got away with them.
    So...Murray cost us 2 points then

So ultimately he cost us two points.

@hibs.net private member
    Sometimes I wonder how easily people forget Fraser’s better performances.... he is a better player than both Vela and Newell and also has a bit of heart.

The difficulty with our youngsters is they don’t get a fair crack at the whip.

Hecky has persisted with Doidge for 4/5 games and only today is he dropped... maybe down to injury but still out of the squad.

If he gave the boys like Shaw and Murray that kind of consistent chance then they would both show their worth.

But instead they get cameos and have very little time to impress and this only increases the pressure on them, leading to mistakes and poor performances.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    So ultimately he cost us two points.
    Did you watch Newell today? Do you think that 2 good crosses and hiding the rest of the game makes it a good performance?

I doubt whether Murray will ultimately be good enough but to defend the likes of Newell and Vela is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how easily people forget Fraser’s better performances.... he is a better player than both Vela and Newell and also has a bit of heart.

Hecky has persisted with Doidge for 4/5 games and only today is he dropped... maybe down to injury but still out of the squad.

If he gave the boys like Shaw and Murray that kind of consistent chance then they would both show their worth.

But instead they get cameos and have very little time to impress and this only increases the pressure on them, leading to mistakes and poor performances.
    Showed zero heart when he decided not to get his head to that ball today.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Did you watch Newell today? Do you think that 2 good crosses and hiding the rest of the game makes it a good performance?

I doubt whether Murray will ultimately be good enough but to defend the likes of Newell and Vela is astonishing.
    Who’s defending them?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Fraser Murray bombed Pearl Harbor.

Murray bottled the header, but then again all hibs players bottled it again at 2 0

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Who’s defending them?
    Tamig on the other thread....

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Pulled out of the header I'm afraid.Second time that has cost us a goal.
    I thought he misjudged the bounce of the ball. Schoolboy error granted but there have been worse mistakes from senior pros this season

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Fraser Murray has double the heart of the the 2 shanest imposters ever to wear the jersey, Vela and Newall.

He didn't duck out of it, did he? Thought he just fluffed it. Not sure the rest of the time he was on much warranted the 'shocker' reviews he seems to be getting.

If he had got much on it, he had ten Hibs players basically still in our box so it was going nowhere but a Ross County player about 30 yards out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post

If he was injured he wasn't dropped ffs. Even if he was dropped, he'd have been shaking his head at his replacement.

On the back of his performance today, should Murray get a game on Wednesday? Naw. Of course that criticism could be levelled at a few more. Murray's nowhere near the player the Hibs.net paparazzi would have us believe over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by telford hibbee View Post
    I thought he misjudged the bounce of the ball. Schoolboy error granted but there have been worse mistakes from senior pros this season
    Thought the same, there wasn’t another player even close to him. Just misjudged it.

Newell put in more than two crosses today - and most were quality crosses.
    I’ll have a go at players if I think it’s merited and I don’t think either Vela or Newell deserve the kicking they’re taking on here tonight. If we’d held on for the win today I can bet there would be no thread dedicated to them. They are easy targets on here. I like Fraser Murray but he’s now cost us twice this season by bottling out of aerial challenges.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Don’t want to be too harsh on a youngster, but what on earth was that performance today?

Failed to play a proper pass to Kamberi on the counter.
    Looked dreadfully unfit and ran like he was towing a car.
    Headed the ball to the County player for their equaliser.

Hopefully it’s just a rare blip, but he cost us that game today with his shambolic performance.
    Wtf shocking analysis. Give the boy a break.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I am all for blooding youngsters but currently our senior players can't find the character and mindset to get themselves through the games never mind take the time to help the inexperienced ones through.
    Our most senior players, Hanlon and Stevenson, are an absolute disgrace at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Newell put in more than two crosses today - and most were quality crosses.
    I’ll have a go at players if I think it’s merited and I don’t think either Vela or Newell deserve the kicking they’re taking on here tonight. If we’d held on for the win today I can bet there would be no thread dedicated to them. They are easy targets on here. I like Fraser Murray but he’s now cost us twice this season by bottling out of aerial challenges.
    If we’d won 4 nil today Newell’s performance would still be pish. He hides, can’t tackle, plays the ball straight back from where it comes from and occasionally finds space to whip in a decent cross. Any player in any level of football could have seamlessly swapped with him and done better. He is not what I want to see at Easter Road, if you’re happy with that you should maybe join the board, no ambition no heart and no passion.

Murray is the least of our worries. This is a piss poor thread.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've not seen enough of the lad to fairly judge him but from what I have seen I can conclude that he lacks pace and is certainly not suited to play in a wide left position. And oh, he needs an injection of self confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    And oh, he needs an injection of self confidence.
    Which he won't get in this team when every single senior pro is abdicating responsibility.