hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Pound for Pound worst manager in years. Putting us backwards.

Fenlon, Calderwood, Butcher etc all dross but had at least 1 factor in they had not the biggest budgets and always inherited squads needing work etc.

This joke has came in with about 10 games to go was able to assess the squad under no major fears have what was a decent team of players.

He then has a full pre season a free arrival of a classy midfielder in Allan, a club with finances on the up all and everything in place to move on.

He has totally ***xed everything right up from a position that should have been strength to this joke.

How dare you sack Butcher and continue with this disgrace under the circumstances afforded. No excuses for this other than GROSS INCOMPETANCE. If it continues its GROSS INCOMPETANCE from those above.

Heckingbottom pound for Pound is the worst manager in years a disgrace.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Butcher is statistically our worst ever manager.

Compare his record to the current incompetent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I don't give a **** about his record he never had the players or finances or time afforded hence Pound for Pound.

So for me the worst manager in years worse than Butcher by quite some way. I bet even TB, CC or PF would have had a few more wins with the squad PH started with then his funds.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I don't give a **** about his record he never had the players or finances or time afforded hence Pound for Pound.

So for me the worst manager in years worse than Butcher by quite some way. I bet even TB, CC or PF would have had a few more wins with the squad PH started with then his funds.
    Trust me if you knew Butcher's pay-off he is by far and away the worst manager pound for pound - in saying that, financially (in recent times) it's actually Le God

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Still Butcher for me, as it was almost impossible to get us relegated from the position he inherited, yet he went and done it. That said, Hecky is shocking.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Butcher makes Heckingbottom look like Pep Guardiola.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Trust me if you knew Butcher's pay-off he is by far and away the worst manager pound for pound - in saying that, financially (in recent times) it's actually Le God
    I'm not talking about wages I'm talking about opportunity and Heckingbottom was afforded by far the greatest to succeed than all mentioned.

How someone can manage what he has is really quite outstanding. Worse manager in years no win % changes that when tjose other guys had crap teams with less money.

NO EXCUSE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FOR THIS. ZERO.

Blog Entries
    Focus should be off PH now as he has shot his bolt and is a lost cause. Pressure has to be put on LD and her team as they are turning a blind eye to our crisis.

Terry Butcher was a far worse manager.

Heckingbottom has plenty of faults and should leave the club ASAP, but why do we insist on using this hyperbole?

Of our last five managers, he’s third or fourth depending on how you judge Fenlon.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    No, Sauzee is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Terry Butcher was a far worse manager.

Heckingbottom has plenty of faults and should leave the club ASAP, but why do we insist on using this hyperbole?

Of our last five managers, he’s third or fourth depending on how you judge Fenlon.
    I'm judging him on the opptunity afforded, PH should never ever have been put in a position to be compared to Fenlon, Calderwood etc but he has and that's the issue.

WTF more did a manager need to have a decent team? He has destroyed it and if keeps going we will be back on the merry-go-round of managers clearing up major messes.

Coaching Staff
    I'm not talking about wages I'm talking about opportunity and Heckingbottom was afforded by far the greatest to succeed than all mentioned.

How someone can manage what he has is really quite outstanding. Worse manager in years no win % changes that when tjose other guys had crap teams with less money.

NO EXCUSE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FOR THIS. ZERO.
    I know mate, I was trying to lighten it a little - I agree with your post and sentiment

Butcher and Franck however weren't poor after they left the club, put it that way

Left by mutual consent!
    I know mate, I was trying to lighten it a little - I agree with your post and sentiment

Butcher and Franck however weren't poor after they left the club, put it that way
    Even if Heckingbottom was not being paid is not the point.

I look at Day 1 for all those managers and PH was miles ahead in terms of a platform yet his record by the week gets closer to theirs rather than further away. This is quite simply a monumental baws up.

Put it this way if he took over instead of Butcher we would have been relegated even sooner.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 26-10-2019 at 06:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Fenlon, Calderwood, Butcher etc all dross but had at least 1 factor in they had not the biggest budgets and always inherited squads needing work etc.

This joke has came in with about 10 games to go was able to assess the squad under no major fears have what was a decent team of players.

He then has a full pre season a free arrival of a classy midfielder in Allan, a club with finances on the up all and everything in place to move on.

He has totally ***xed everything right up from a position that should have been strength to this joke.

How dare you sack Butcher and continue with this disgrace under the circumstances afforded. No excuses for this other than GROSS INCOMPETANCE. If it continues its GROSS INCOMPETANCE from those above.

Heckingbottom pound for Pound is the worst manager in years a disgrace.
    Were you away when Butcher was here?

@hibs.net private member

Nope. Sauzee is.

If we are talking win ratios then Heck is nowhere near our worst manager.

In fact he’s probably still in the top half.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Were you away when Butcher was here?
    Point missed entirely

Totally agree with the OP.

The budget PH has wasted, and the general circumstances of his tenure - comfortably the worst manager this side of the millennium.

On current form Hecky has won 1 of the last 15 league games. If I remember correctly Butchers horrific run was about 1 win from his last 20 ish league games ?

Point missed entirely
    Not “point missed” at all, you’ve been presented with the facts but have decided that Heckingbottom is still the worst manager because...reasons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Not “point missed” at all, you’ve been presented with the facts but have decided that Heckingbottom is still the worst manager because...reasons.
    I have stated why quite clearly that given the position he was given compared to all else in recent history there is absolutely unequivocally no excuse at all to be 11th.

This isn't about ratios this is about the environment and over the past 10 years this was truly a great time and opportunity to be manager here. I'm not saying Butcher was any good he was a ****ing joke of a manager. I have been presented win ratios which are not the point.

From the starting point given to every manager over last 10 years, Heckingbottom is for me the worst at the moment.

Butcher had us 2nd bottom after a long run of games from a higher position with a bunch of rather pish players, Heckingbottom is currently 2nd bottom with a hell of a lot more choice and money. Fu££ing disgraceful.

Kind of the meaning in pound for Pound not simply ratio or I wouldn't have used term. Point missed again then.

The last thing I'm ever going to do is defend that disgrace Butcher but his starting point vs Heckingbottoms are night and day. Yet after 10 games we are 11th.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 26-10-2019 at 10:43 PM.

It's now a chore,back to the Butcher relegation season. It's all very well saying that our new owner is taking time to assess the situation. The situation now is pretty desperate. Something needs to give, I really hope it's not the lifeblood of Hibernian.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Nope. Sauzee is.

If we are talking win ratios then Heck is nowhere near our worst manager.

In fact he’s probably still in the top half.
    Statistically:

Relegations with Hibs:

Butcher 1

Sauzee 0

Statistically, Butcher is the worst manager in our history.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I have stated why quite clearly that given the position he was given compared to all else in recent history there is absolutely unequivocally no excuse at all to be 11th.

This isn't about ratios this is about the environment and over the past 10 years this was truly a great time and opportunity to be manager here. I'm not saying Butcher was any good he was a ****ing joke of a manager. I have been presented win ratios which are not the point.

From the starting point given to every manager over last 10 years, Heckingbottom is for me the worst at the moment.

Butcher had us 2nd bottom after a long run of games from a higher position with a bunch of rather pish players, Heckingbottom is currently 2nd bottom with a hell of a lot more choice and money. Fu££ing disgraceful.

Kind of the meaning in pound for Pound not simply ratio or I wouldn't have used term. Point missed again then.

The last thing I'm ever going to do is defend that disgrace Butcher but his starting point vs Heckingbottoms are night and day.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. Taking everything into account including the squad he started with, the resources put at his disposal to make signings, the goodwill and momentum still around the club from the Scottish Cup win, the high attendances and the relative weakness of most of the other teams in the league it is truly astonishing how poorly he has us performing. Empirically others were worse, in relative terms he takes it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    People actually wanted rid of Lennon for this.

Anyone would be better they said.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. Taking everything into account including the squad he started with, the resources put at his disposal to make signings, the goodwill and momentum still around the club from the Scottish Cup win, the high attendances and the relative weakness of most of the other teams in the league it is truly astonishing how poorly he has us performing. Empirically others were worse, in relative terms he takes it.
    Indeed that is it spot on.

Butcher had a poorish team but they were more than capable of finishing higher if manager was decent unfortunately Butcher was pish.

PH is in a totally different place with almost everything geared for a season of success not trying to be 6th. It's gauling how bad he has done and I would say its quite unprecedented to be doing this badly from a position of such relative strength.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I want rid of PH but like all appointments it is possible to bring in next manager who could be worse than PH that doesn't make wanting rid wrong.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

but at least he did manage to get rid of the dross we had before he was pushed, 14 or 15 players iirc ?, i've always though if he had managed to get rid of another two or three before getting said push we might not have been so dross in our first championship year, it's great how the players avoided the criticism though compared to the manager
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 26-10-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

I know. F@rking hilarious.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Neil Lennon is several leagues above Hecky in management ability. It's a shame how it all ended, but it was a good era overall.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Neil Lennon is several leagues above Hecky in management ability. It's a shame how it all ended, but it was a good era overall.
    Most folk are several leagues above him.