hibs.net Messageboard

Page 527 of 558 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,810 of 16724
    First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RitchieHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'll take a stab at profusciously scandangulously jamblistic.
    You forgot to add in ... of the biglyness order 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RitchieHibs View Post

I'll take a stab at profusciously scandangulously jamblistic.
    I'm sure that can be treated with penicillin? If there's enough left over from treating what they caught from their sisters obviously......

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Aye, but they're a big Championship team.

First go at the badminton courts at the Oriam and everything...... that big.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Some say the third biggest Championship team in world football

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Tom English is waiting for Mrs doctor Budge to decide what his state is to be, I'm going for fandangulous.

Imagine playing Ann Budge at Scrabble.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Scottish Championship clubs have rejected a proposal to permit up to 5 substitutes per game. SL1 and SL2 will both adopt the 5 subs rule. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54353395

I wonder if this is a deliberate attempt by other teams in the division to limit the advantage that Hearts' spending power gives them. It could be quite crucial when it comes to how they manage the likes of Naismith's game time.
    Teams aren't just going to let hearts walk the league and content themselves with a playoff spot.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    This is shaping up to be a interesting league .
    Dundee have signed really good players and are looking strong.
    There will hopefully be plenty of twists and turns to keep us amused along the way.
    The great leveler of no crowds will kill the intimidation of tynecastle .
    I am going for these positions as a finish.
    DUNDEE
    ICT
    Hearts
    Dunfermline

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts aren't great, but they will win the Championship with ease.

As long as we beat them in the Semi Final. There can be no excuse from Hibs for losing this one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Hearts aren't great, but they will win the Championship with ease.

As long as we beat them in the Semi Final. There can be no excuse from Hibs for losing this one.

why no excuse?? They've got a decent squad - would likely be a top six side if they were in our league - it's as hard as a game against (say) Motherwell... Will be a tough match - if we turn up, we can certainly win though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    why no excuse?? They've got a decent squad - would likely be a top six side if they were in our league - it's as hard as a game against (say) Motherwell... Will be a tough match - if we turn up, we can certainly win though.
    Have they though? Would they though?

They've lost a lot of players from the side that was bottom of the league last season and in poor form for much of the season before that under three different managers. They've lost Hickey on a transfer and Souttar and Berra are both out injured. Unless they do something spectacular before the end of the window the players they'e brought in don't look like SPFL top 6 quality. I don't think they've got a single player who would get in our starting 11 and not many who would get on the bench.

Hearts' first team squad (according to their website, which is out of date, and their wiki page):

GK: Craig Gordon, Zdenek Zlamal, Ross Stewart, Colin Doyle (on loan to Killie)

Defenders: Michael Smith, Aidy White, John Souttar (long-term injury), Christophe Berra (out for 6-8 weeks), Ben Garuccio, Jamie Brandon, Craig Halkett, Mihai Popescu (currently in quarantine), Chris Hamilton (loan at Dumbarton)

Midfielders: Jordan Roberts, Peter Haring (just back after career-threatening injury), Jamie Walker, Olly Lee, Harry Cochrane (flopped on loan at Dunfermline last year), Anthony McDonald (was on loan to Dunfermline last year and could barely get a game), Loic Damour, Lewis Moore, Andy Irving, Elliott Frear, Josh Ginnelly, Andy Halliday (added to original post)

Forwards: Steven Naismith, Craig Wighton (loaned out to Arbroath last season, has never scored a competitive goal for Hearts), Liam Boyce, Euan Henderson
    Last edited by mal; 01-10-2020 at 09:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    How could you miss out the great Andy Halliday?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    How could you miss out the great Andy Halliday?
    I could have sworn I put him in. Must have got too excited when I was typing Loic Damour (still under contract until 2023 by the way).

First Team Breakthrough
    A wee quote from Kickback that puts Hearts' squad in a bit of context:

Still baffled by the decision to send Hamilton out on loan. Even waiting to ensure that when Popescu comes out of quarantine he can get match fit quickly would have been more sensible.

We currently have Halkett as our only match fit centre back. Popescu hopeful should get up to full match fitness quickly. Other than that our options are Smith but that leaves us looking short at right back and Haring who is apparently still a fair bit away from being fit enough to play regularly.

What makes you think they’d be top six and have a decent squad? They’re still full of the garbage that got them in to the position they find themselves in. Gordon probably improves them in the goalkeeping position but apart from that?

History tells us it’ll be tough though. Despite our respective positions they’ll all expect to win while we’ll hope to win. This is absolutely in the must, must, must win category for me. Losing would undo a lot of Ross’s good work so far.

Have they though? Would they though?

They've lost a lot of players from the side that was bottom of the league last season and in poor form for much of the season before that under three different managers. They've lost Hickey on a transfer and Souttar and Berra are both out injured. Unless they do something spectacular before the end of the window the players they'e brought in don't look like SPFL top 6 quality. I don't think they've got a single player who would get in our starting 11 and not many who would get on the bench.

Hearts' first team squad (according to their website, which is out of date, and their wiki page):

GK: Craig Gordon, Zdenek Zlamal, Ross Stewart, Colin Doyle (on loan to Killie)

Defenders: Michael Smith, Aidy White, John Souttar (long-term injury), Christophe Berra (out for 6-8 weeks), Ben Garuccio, Jamie Brandon, Craig Halkett, Mihai Popescu (currently in quarantine), Chris Hamilton (loan at Dumbarton)

Midfielders: Jordan Roberts, Peter Haring (just back after career-threatening injury), Jamie Walker, Olly Lee, Harry Cochrane (flopped on loan at Dunfermline last year), Anthony McDonald (was on loan to Dunfermline last year and could barely get a game), Loic Damour, Lewis Moore, Andy Irving, Elliott Frear, Josh Ginnelly, Andy Halliday (added to original post)

Forwards: Steven Naismith, Craig Wighton (loaned out to Arbroath last season, has never scored a competitive goal for Hearts), Liam Boyce, Euan Henderson
    Bearing in mind the number of players they lost....can't believe their squad is still so bloated!

Testimonial Due
    You would Doidge and Nisbet would run riot against this defence.

Saying Halket is their only match fit CB is a bit of a stretch too. Anyone who's played football at a reasonable level knows that you're not fully match fit until you're 6/7 games or more in to your season. Friendlies and training just don't cut it. You could be fit yes, but match fitness and sharpness is a different thing. Usually the same reason teams from Sweden etc do well in Europe against us. Plus Halket is a fat *******.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    It's incredible what an irrelevance Hearts have become. Forgot they existed until this thread popped up.

I purposely ignored them for all of September and it was good. I’m back for the laughs.

Have they resolved their ‘18 live games guarantee’ squabble yet? Or are just content to forgo any season ticket income for season 21/22? They are dead rich so could no doubt afford it.

Halkett and match fit are two words (ok three) you don't hear strung together often by the Jambos

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Halkett and match fit are two words (ok three) you don't hear strung together often by the Jambos
    Last season's top scorer as well

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Is Berra really going to play for them again? Is last season’s wee falling out all forgotten?

The fall put was with stendel the messiah. Stendel now fallen out with.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Is Berra really going to play for them again? Is last season’s wee falling out all forgotten?
    He signed a 3 year contract in May 2017 he signed a years extension to that deal in January 2019, so you'd assume he will be there until next summer. Don't think the falling out has been forgotten but given their lack of CBs at the club they probably want to keep him, he has experience of the Championship too

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What makes you think they’d be top six and have a decent squad? They’re still full of the garbage that got them in to the position they find themselves in. Gordon probably improves them in the goalkeeping position but apart from that?

History tells us it’ll be tough though. Despite our respective positions they’ll all expect to win while we’ll hope to win. This is absolutely in the must, must, must win category for me. Losing would undo a lot of Ross’s good work so far.
    I think they have underperformed. They are still left with 5-6 international players. They've made some decent signing and they have a good manager. A lot better manager than they had last few years tbh. Also a lot of the top league teams are a bit weaker than last year. If they were in our league I'd see them as a top 6 team. They certainly wouldn't be far off thats for sure. It will be a tough match. My initial post was to the "no excuses" comment - that's way too simplistic for me. It would be a real blow to lose, but I wouldn't judge Ross on one game - the overall season will be far more important for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The fall put was with stendel the messiah. Stendel now fallen out with.

But the club backed Stendel and the fans all attacked Berra for daring to talk to the media about the situation. Still, they are good at contradicting themselves.

I think they have underperformed. They are still left with 5-6 international players. They've made some decent signing and they have a good manager. A lot better manager than they had last few years tbh. Also a lot of the top league teams are a bit weaker than last year. If they were in our league I'd see them as a top 6 team. They certainly wouldn't be far off thats for sure. It will be a tough match. My initial post was to the "no excuses" comment - that's way too simplistic for me. It would be a real blow to lose, but I wouldn't judge Ross on one game - the overall season will be far more important for me personally.
    Losing a semi final to them, as things currently stand, would be a huge blow. The emotional reaction of fans to losing to them, as a championship club, would be massive. If you take that emotional aspect out of it then it’s absolutely right that we should judge how we’re doing over the course of the season but that wouldn’t happen. Just for arguments sake, if we lost to them, then lost up at Aberdeen the week after, there would be people in full on crisis mode. We can’t let it happen and I am in the ‘no excuses’ camp. We’re superior to them but we’ve said that before...

First Team Breakthrough
    5-6 current international players in that squad? There's NI's Smith and Boyce but I can't think of any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Saying Halket is their only match fit CB is a bit of a stretch too. Anyone who's played football at a reasonable level knows that you're not fully match fit until you're 6/7 games or more in to your season. Friendlies and training just don't cut it. You could be fit yes, but match fitness and sharpness is a different thing. Usually the same reason teams from Sweden etc do well in Europe against us. Plus Halket is a fat *******.
    They have 5 competitive games before playing us.

@hibs.net private member
    5-6 current international players in that squad? There's NI's Smith and Boyce but I can't think of any others.

without looking at the squad again, off the top of my head, I think anyone would also acknowledge Naismith and Gordon as International players..

@hibs.net private member
    without looking at the squad again, off the top of my head, I think anyone would also acknowledge Naismith and Gordon as International players..
    Berra too

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Berra too
    He used to be.