hibs.net Messageboard

Page 521 of 558 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,630 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A fan enquired about the guarantee earlier in the summer and Hearts confirmed that the guarantee was for attending matches in person at Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    That doesn't look like an 'official club reply' to me, more like a reply to an e-mail or something like that?
    If it has come from someone within the club using a club email address replying to a Season Ticket query then that should be official enough. Refunds or arbitration in the Small Claims Court. 😂 Leslie Deans has ruled himself out as Hearts' defence lawyer.

Well, well, well, Hearts in their very own mis-selling scandal
    à la Banks and PPI.
    Last edited by 007; 16-09-2020 at 08:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    A fan enquired about the guarantee earlier in the summer and Hearts confirmed that the guarantee was for attending matches in person at Tynecastle.

That’s an hilariously poorly worded sentence. “The likelihood of fans attending is unlikely” 😂

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    That doesn't look like an 'official club reply' to me, more like a reply to an e-mail or something like that?
    That’s exactly what it is. As I stated in my post a fan enquired about the guarantee and that was the response from the club.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So Hearts fans are just clicking that fans aren’t back in football stadiums?
    Imo they should take someone to court about that.

£10m seems a reasonable figure, just to make sure they’ve got a case though someone better check it with an Edinburgh based conveyancing solicitor. They’d definitely know

There must be a way to blame Doncaster and Lawell for this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Why stop at those two? They should blame every other club in Scottish football apart from Inverness and Partick.

Rob the other clubs of the maroon pound.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So Hearts fans are just clicking that fans aren’t back in football stadiums?
    Can I just point out what an absolutely cracking job Mrs doctor Budge is still doing.

I never thought Romanov's era would be matched but she's put a whole new spin on it and the fans are just marching along zombie like.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    That’s an hilariously poorly worded sentence. “The likelihood of fans attending is unlikely”
    They didn't get to where they are today by having unlikelihoods being likelihoods.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This looks like a job for New Guy to come along and save the day (once he's found a phone box so he can put on his cape and his pants on over his trousers). Or will he just hide and do nothing. 🤔

We really do have a lot to thank Hearts for, the abrupt end to the season and no Euro's left a horrific footballing void. Just like back in the Great War however, when the Empire was creaking under the might of the Kaiser.....up stood Heart of Midlothian. Their complete lack of ability to grasp the fact that something far more serious than football was gripping the world lead them to their fight, their crusade for justice. Success would have been predictable but their failure, their relegation was poetry.
    It didn't end there, no compensation and a truncated season, they even had to watch other clubs enjoy their holidays by training on pitches they couldn't use, pitches they tell the world are 'theirs'.
    Is it too much to ask for more? I know I'm being greedy and for that I'm sorry.....but to see them take their last seasons form into this year would be some level of compensation for the ****ty year we have all had to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    As Pablo on Kickback says:

We're a victim of circumstances yet again.

If we hadn't been going through the bull**** thrown at us by Scottish football, we'd never have needed to make the statement on 18 games which was made at a time when we didn't know for certain which league we were going to be playing in. Or even if the Championship had played the full season, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post

If we hadn't been going through the bull**** thrown at us by Scottish football, we'd never have needed to make the statement on 18 games which was made at a time when we didn't know for certain which league we were going to be playing in. Or even if the Championship had played the full season, it wouldn't have been an issue.
    They were the only people that didn’t know what league they would be playing in. Everyone else knew.

Just think. If they weren't so ***** on the park none of this would be happening. They can blame, Covid-19, Neil Doncaster, Nicola Sturgeon, St Mirren, the weather, whoever or whatever they want but they are there because they are *****. The situation is unfortunate yes but if they had won more than 4 games by March they wouldn't be crying about any of this. Season tickets included. Only their own ****ty club to blame. Snivelling little runts. Suck it up.
    Last edited by Since452; 17-09-2020 at 11:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Just think. If they weren't so ***** on the park none of this would be happening. They can blame, Covid-19, Neil Doncaster, Nicola Sturgeon, St Mirren, the weather, whoever or whatever they want but they are there because they are *****. The situation is unfortunate yes but if they had won more than 4 games by March they wouldn't be crying about any of this. Season tickets included. Only their own ****ty club to blame. Snivelling little runts. Suck it up.
    Just think,if they had beaten At Mitten in the last game of the season.....

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhoof View Post

If only Budge hadn't chosen , yet again, to demonstrate her lack of mastery of when to say nothing and when it is the right time how to make a sensible statement rather than shooting from the hip to please the idiots.

Budge must stay.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Maybe missing something here but why did they make the statement about their season ticket guaranteeing them attendance at 18 home games ? Not aware of any other clubs making similar guarantees. I bought my season ticket with no such expectation. I’m guessing the Hearts fans did too, but having made that promise can’t see how they can back out of it. Probably just tap their benefactors for more donations. Talk about wasting money....

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    That’s an hilariously poorly worded sentence. “The likelihood of fans attending is unlikely” 😂
    No, it is worse.

... likeliness.....??

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Maybe missing something here but why did they make the statement about their season ticket guaranteeing them attendance at 18 home games ? Not aware of any other clubs making similar guarantees. I bought my season ticket with no such expectation. I’m guessing the Hearts fans did too, but having made that promise can’t see how they can back out of it. Probably just tap their benefactors for more donations. Talk about wasting money....
    I dont think many supporters would have expected to be in the stadium early doors.

However the original hertz statement when they were flogging their season tickets was ambiguous. Apparently when one of them got his crayons out and wrote to his club the reply said they would get their 18 games attending the stadium.
    Space to let

Because to some that's how it's worded. I read it as the season ticket would guarantee the purchaser 18 live games at Tynecastle, that could be carried lon to next season.
    Also at the time of the statement im pretty sute there was no agreement in place regarding streaming games so not sure why Hearts fans would think it was anything other than to sit in a stand at Tynecastle.

I genuinely believe the Hearts fans have been deliberately screwed over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    No, it is worse.

... likeliness.....??
    Indeed!! Could that be the new term of reverence for Budgie, Your Likeliness!!

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Because to some that's how it's worded. I read it as the season ticket would guarantee the purchaser 18 live games at Tynecastle, that could be carried lon to next season.
    Also at the time of the statement im pretty sute there was no agreement in place regarding streaming games so not sure why Hearts fans would think it was anything other than to sit in a stand at Tynecastle.

She does treat them like mugs, because she can and does get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

You could even feel sorry for them...but then again😉

Not for the 1st time Mrs B didn't think it through properly.
    Like a lot of folk she obviously thought fans would be back into grounds by the time their league started in October and backed her opinion with a publicity grabbing season ticket guarantee.

I thought we would have been back at Easter Road for the Celtic game on the 21st November and I also remember an early Jason Leitch appearance on "Off The Ball" where he said we would be back to normal in Autumn.

Now reality has struck and Hearts have been forced to play an embarrassing game of semantics with their supporters or go bankrupt.
    Even after a pay cut Messrs Berra, Naismith, Damour & Boyce are costing Hearts circa £100k a month. Add to that the rest of the playing squads wages, golf mans salary, the rent of the Oriam and a large unnecessary legal bill and you have a need to pull a fast one to hold things together.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-09-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Indeed!! Could that be the new term of reverence for Budgie, Your Likeliness!!
    😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Half and half scarves?

Inverness Caledonian Thistle written on 90% of it and Hearts on the wee bit at the end.

Surely the other way round with ICT on one end and Heart of Midlothian but we are actually no longer in Midlothian on the big bit?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Surely the other way round with ICT on one end and Heart of Midlothian but we are actually no longer in Midlothian on the big bit?

A real clash of the titans to see who is bigliest?

Sir Matt Busby

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/...017581056?s=21

Replies to that tweet are unreal.

Few of them have really lost the plot over the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/...017581056?s=21

Replies to that tweet are unreal.

Few of them have really lost the plot over the last few months.
    Who cares?

They are an irrelevance.

And completely dugs^^^e

I presumed the 18 home game guarantee was intended to cover matches in a curtailed season in the event that the relegation was confirmed.

So, they get 14 games this season where they either attend in person or view it over a live stream (same as Hibs). Then 4 games are rolled over into the following season, for which they get a credit against their renewed season ticket.

If they've actually worded it as 'attend in person' (or similar), then that does indeed open a whole can of worms.

I sense a plea to Benny Factor for extra funds

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Anderson wouldn't invest in a company that performs as badly as Hearts, so at what point will he demonstrate his professional ability and start questioning the mismanagement of his funding?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.