hibs.net Messageboard

Page 489 of 558 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,670 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is some serious in-fighting going on in their “boycott away games “ thread, calling people Scabs and all sorts . It’s hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It’s funny. No matter how much they kick and scream, if stadiums open again around the country away fans will travel. Remember when the huns went bust and they were supposedly planning on “boycotting away grounds”. Simply wont happen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Hearts fans causing the real damage to their club are the ones continuing to hand cash over to Budge and her fellow directors, who are responsible for mismanagement on a grand scale. FoH haven't issued one statement that makes them seem like they will be more sensible, professional or capable of running the club in the years ahead. The future is looking bleak for Hearts.

It's going to be a hoot watching their match updates threads. All they can do for the next 12 weeks is support the club playing Hibs.

Unless of course that club voted for them to be expelled and then they'll want an asteroid strike

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's going to be a hoot watching their match updates threads. All they can do for the next 12 weeks is support the club playing Hibs.

Unless of course that club voted for them to be expelled and then they'll want an asteroid strike
    Is 'expelled' the euphemism they've settled on? Budge seemed to favour 'demoted' when she wasn't accidentally admitting they'd been relegated.

If they're unable to face up to the truth then I'd go with 'defenestrated'.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Is 'expelled' the euphemism they've settled on? Budge seemed to favour 'demoted' when she wasn't accidentally admitting they'd been relegated.

If they're unable to face up to the truth then I'd go with 'defenestrated'.
    surely they have just been furloughed from the Premiership

I was wondering if that Murray guy that writes for The Guardian is an avid reader of OneLeagueBack.

He has an article in today's Guardian bemoaning how crap Scottish Football is, plus the lack of competition, while putting in the obligatory whine about Hearts being relegated... as if that was additional evidence that Scottish Football is crap.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the parts about the areas of Scottish Football that are in drastic need of improvement, such as the lack of a sponsor and other commercial partnerships, but his whole article just comes over as yet another bitter Jambo rant.

I've absolutely no doubt that Hearts fans will play the 'boycott' card for years to come as an excuse for their typically pish away support

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I thought their new slogan was supposed to be "Only Hearts", or did I imagine that?

Much like their insane 18 home match guarantee for ST holders (which is a way of passing debt on for the future, something Budge said she would never do), they make it up as they go along.

I’m surprised / not surprised.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Is there a football club in the Uk that is run worse than this lot?

money pours in from supporters month after month, year after year, and is seemingly all pished away on nonsense.

yet there is no real dissent towards the executives at the top. They’re all over there backslapping each other on another massive FOH contribution. And guess what. That £150k will be pished away too. It’s very strange.

i can’t imagine another fan base in Britain that would be so passive while their club squanders their money on seemingly endless failure.

but, I suppose if they’re happy with the rubbish they’ve been served up in the last few years who am I to begrudge them

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Let’s just make sure it’s miserable for them

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    There is some serious in-fighting going on in their “boycott away games “ thread, calling people Scabs and all sorts . It’s hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Were always going to end up eating their own. Once the dust has settled and stark realisation sets in they've nowhere to go with their hatred and anger. Best left to themselves and the top league better without them. The Huns thought they were bigger than the game in 2012, and quickly found out that was a Blue Myth. Now "Tha Famous" will find out the same thing. Irrelevant and unwanted.

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    i wonder how many Hearts fans threw something at the TV during the football news on the 6pm stv news

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I thought their new slogan was supposed to be "Only Hearts", or did I imagine that?
    Lonely Hearts works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Is there a football club in the Uk that is run worse than this lot?

money pours in from supporters month after month, year after year, and is seemingly all pished away on nonsense.

yet there is no real dissent towards the executives at the top. They’re all over there backslapping each other on another massive FOH contribution. And guess what. That £150k will be pished away too. It’s very strange.

i can’t imagine another fan base in Britain that would be so passive while their club squanders their money on seemingly endless failure.

but, I suppose if they’re happy with the rubbish they’ve been served up in the last few years who am I to begrudge them

Sssh. Leave them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    Throughout this whole Jambos being ridiculous process whatever happened to Kiwidoug?

I may have missed his contribution to the funniest saga since Twilight but I don't remember seeing any of his innate ramblings?

Staughton Jambo and dazthejambo were prominent as well as Leslie 'ahm a lawyer n that ken' Deans..

Wonder if he's saving his maroon dollars for a trip over here to save them?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hertz were going to bring the whole of the Scottish game down gain their rightful justice and they had “lashings” of cash.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I was wondering if that Murray guy that writes for The Guardian is an avid reader of OneLeagueBack.

He has an article in today's Guardian bemoaning how crap Scottish Football is, plus the lack of competition, while putting in the obligatory whine about Hearts being relegated... as if that was additional evidence that Scottish Football is crap.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the parts about the areas of Scottish Football that are in drastic need of improvement, such as the lack of a sponsor and other commercial partnerships, but his whole article just comes over as yet another bitter Jambo rant.

Disgraceful ramblings from a bitter wee Jambo. This summer has mainly been about a few clubs trying to exploit a global pandemic for their own reasons, and the rest of us trying to deal with that alongside the crisis facing all professional football.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    The Edinburgh derby is one of the most exciting games in Scottish football.

Unfortunately it's going to be taking a break in the Premiership this season with Hearts relegated to the Championship for the new campaign.

There will be a Scottish Cup clash between Hibs and Hearts, though, with last season's competition carrying over.

But that doesn't mean the rivalry isn't there with Hibs deciding to troll their rivals over their lower league status in a hilarious tweet.

The Easter Road side were showing off their new HibsTV team which includes David Tanner, Tam McManus, Joelle Murray and Cliff Pike.

They announced that they would be live for Saturday's game against Kilmarnock at 2.30pm, 30 minutes before kick-off.

And one Hearts fan decided to try troll Hibs when he responded to say:* "2.31pm, first mention of Hearts."

Hibs weren't willing to let him have that one as they got back to him with a brilliant response of their own.

They said: "We won’t be building up to the Scottish Cup tie for a little while yet. Our focus is on the Premiership for the moment."
    I have to disagree to some extent that the Edinburgh derby is one of the most exciting games in Scottish football. I would say the atmosphere generated at the derby is one of the best you will find in Scotland. However I think the quality of the game in an Edinburgh derby is generally pretty poor and we rarely get an exciting end to end derby (no dount there are a few exceptions).

Unfortunately for us, our rivals have absolutely no intention of ever engaging in a proper game of football. Their pathetic excuse for a pitch a Tynecastle doesn't allow for an open game. Any time they come to Easter Road their tactics are to foul their way through the game or hoof te ball up the park which means the game barely gets a chance to properly get going. I have watched derby games with neutrals and they have always been impressed by the atmosphere but never really enjoyed the actual game of football.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    That's the most advanced tactic Hearts have used against us in 30 years of me watching derbys. Did it against Rangers twice and beat them too. They were excellent (boke). When it works it works very well but it rarely works and that's why Stendel got them relegated.
    Yes they broke us up and pressed us really well, but I felt that they didnt show any real threat going forward until we gifted the goal through the penalty.

At at half time I was conviced we would get a chance as they tired ....oops

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Whilst it didn’t work against many teams it certainly worked against us at ER

Tactics were down to a tee that night.

I’d much rather they went back to RN’s style of play
    You're not wrong, but it was easily one of our most gutless,tactically inept performances in a while and god knows I've seen a few.

Was left with the feeling that we'd too many who didn't look fit or weren't able or willing to compete for some reason. Anyway we know how it all worked out in the end.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Really hate guys that constantly put down Scottish football.

It has it’s flaws, which league doesn’t, and occasionally deserves criticism but for the most part it is full of action, drama, intrigue, conspitacy theories, bias, sectarianism, anti- sectarianism, philanthropy, excitement, joy, passion, romantacism, nostalgia, history, controversey, tragedy, talking points, bull****ters, characters, knowledgable pundits and no shortage of skill..........and I love it!

People like Ewan Murray and imo the worst, Davie Provan can **** right off.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Really hate guys that constantly put down Scottish football.

It has it’s flaws, which league doesn’t, and occasionally deserves criticism but for the most part it is full of action, drama, intrigue, conspitacy theories, bias, sectarianism, anti- sectarianism, philanthropy, excitement, joy, passion, romantacism, nostalgia, history, controversey, tragedy, talking points, bull****ters, characters, knowledgable pundits and no shortage of skill..........and I love it!

People like Ewan Murray and imo the worst, Davie Provan can **** right off.
    Yep absolutely bizarre so many people who make an actual living from the game seem only too keen to put the boot in which usually highlights an agenda. English and many msm journalists plus the two you mention. The same people perversely then complain about the lack of sponsorship. We totally undersell the game here as to me the league is very good one team domination aside.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep absolutely bizarre so many people who make an actual living from the game seem only too keen to put the boot in which usually highlights an agenda. English and many msm journalists plus the two you mention. The same people perversely then complain about the lack of sponsorship. We totally undersell the game here as to me the league is very good one team domination aside.
    I think our game is more exciting, has more passion and more direct play than most games on offer in the EPL.

@hibs.net private member
    Watching Sky and hearing that Bruce Anderson will be delighted to be getting a start today because the two players ahead of him are injured. I wonder if the Scotsman will spin it that he should hang his head in shame for staying injury free and how unfair it is on Cosgrove and Main to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Watching Sky and hearing that Bruce Anderson will be delighted to be getting a start today because the two players ahead of him are injured. I wonder if the Scotsman will spin it that he should hang his head in shame for staying injury free and how unfair it is on Cosgrove and Main to miss out.
    Cosgrove and Main aren't out of the team because they're injured, they've been expelled.

Didn’t even bother reading Murray’s ramble. Yes, Celtic have won 9 in a row, but look around Europe. Juve, Bayern and PSG on similar runs. Are those leagues boring with no competition?

I’m assuming his colleagues don’t know enough about our game to call out his crap and give him free reign.

@hibs.net private member
    They are filling pages on Brokeback about how they are not bothered at all by the SPFL returning today - still hurtin' lol

P*shed
    Hibs are back
    F*** The Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Didn’t even bother reading Murray’s ramble. Yes, Celtic have won 9 in a row, but look around Europe. Juve, Bayern and PSG on similar runs. Are those leagues boring with no competition?

I’m assuming his colleagues don’t know enough about our game to call out his crap and give him free reign.

His articles are pretty much the only time you'll read about Scottish Football in The Guardian, as they have no interest in it whatsoever.

That's why he's allowed a free reign to write whatever he wants, no matter how badly.

For instance, they had an article recently on the English Women's FA Cup matches being played over two seasons and how that was the first time anything like that had ever happened and was totally unique... despite the SFA announcing two weeks before they were doing the exact same thing with The Scottish Cup.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think our game is more exciting, has more passion and more direct play than most games on offer in the EPL.
    I totally agree with this.

Somebody trolling Murray on today's Aberdeen v Rangers article...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ment-142732324