hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 558 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm predicting it will last longer than the stand.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    The ideal situation would obviously be if he has a stinking start and they’ve then got to negotiate a compensation manager they don’t want and want to sack.

Imagine if we had to try and negotiate a substantial compensation deal with Butcher in the weeks before our relegation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Forelocks getting tugged respectfully. Fully expect an open letter to follow.

"Mrs Budge will have had sound legal advice before proceeding with the appointment so no concern here "

Barnsley statement:

In light of the team’s current standing we would like to address the Barnsley football community.

The Board is fully behind the team and staff in place. Our performances have improved under Gerhard’s leadership and we are confident that results will follow.
    Barnsley Football Club would also like to finally address the separation with our former Head Coach Daniel Stendel. This may come as little consolation but it is only right that our supporters have a picture of what has taken place at their Club.

Early in the season Daniel Stendel entered into negotiations with a rival Sky Bet Championship club, to take over their managerial post and recruited other members of contracted Barnsley Football Club staff to follow him. Never once did Mr. Stendel seek approval or alert members of the Club’s Board to these discussions. Only when approached, by the Board, was there any sign of acknowledgement. This was a clear violation of Mr. Stendel’s contract and created additional unnecessary ‎distractions for our club which was recently promoted to the Sky Bet Championship.
    This event, coupled with numerous other issues, led to removal of Mr. Stendel as Head Coach. Out of respect for his contributions to the tremendous 2018/2019 season, we wanted to settle this matter privately and amicably out of the eye of the public. After two months of unproductive discussions (and the subsequent public announcement by Heart of Midlothian that he has joined them as their new manager), the Club cannot wait any longer in speaking to its fans.
    More recently we have attempted negotiations of a settlement with Heart of Midlothian Football Club for the services of Mr. Stendel, Chris Stern, and Dale Tonge to no avail.
    The Club will continue to vigorously defend its rights against all parties involved in tampering of Club staff so the Club recovers all damages incurred. All recovered damages will be reinvested in our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    Considering there was chat about Stendel only being on gardening leave and compensation needing to be paid by any club that wanted to hire him, you would have thought Hearts would have initially contacted Barnsley to get clarification on his contract situation. Through incompetence or arrogance they choice not to do that.

In an interview Budge said "we need to make sure we're doing everything properly", despite having failed to do things properly from the start. Her and her club are amateur beyond belief.
    Yup.

Add it to the list of “Budge Ups”..basically things she’s made a mess of.

The guy is a lower level Klopp. He’s going to be entertainment. In a roundabout it way his style may actually help Hibs. Previous derbies they have rarely outplayed us with the ball so if they try and play football it will play into our hands. Long throws and direct balls to strikers we struggled with.

Ideal scenario here yams have to pay up and the guy stays till end of next season and leaves(500k for 1.5 season’s worth) or the situation above that drags on and costs them more ..then they are looking again for another manager shortly having dumped all other coaches and serial loser Levein.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I notice that across on 10pointsback they're ripping Barnsley's statement to pieces.

They would know...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Forelocks getting tugged respectfully. Fully expect an open letter to follow.

"Mrs Budge will have had sound legal advice before proceeding with the appointment so no concern here "
    Yes, I spotted that one. Followed by another post stating: 'Yes, she's a busineswoman so will have taken sound legal advice."

What's with the reverential stuff among the yams? It was always 'Mr Romanov' and now it's 'Mrs Budge'. And as for the fact she's 'a businesswoman' you'd think it was a unique occupation that gives her powers we mere mortals can never hope to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Yes, I spotted that one. Followed by another post stating: 'Yes, she's a busineswoman so will have taken sound legal advice."

What's with the reverential stuff among the yams? It was always 'Mr Romanov' and now it's 'Mrs Budge'. And as for the fact she's 'a businesswoman' you'd think it was a unique occupation that gives her powers we mere mortals can never hope to understand.
    Forelock tuggers, every one of them.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    So he's a snake? seeing as Hearts are a morally bankrupt cesspit of a club he'll fit in well (after budge pays the £450k compo 😂)

Did Barnsley Chairman not mention last week that he would have expected a phone call from them and not a letter??

Looking forward to the next episode of this comedy gold series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...tendel-1336454

I knew the EEN would start trotting out these tropes....

"the Tynecastle Park hierarchy"

....by the time they lose the court case I'm hoping for a mention of "in the corridors of power at Tynecastle Park"....not seen it for a while.
    Why would Hearts be negotiating a financial settlement with Barnsley if they didn't think they owed them anything? Makes no sense at all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I notice that across on 10pointsback they're ripping Barnsley's statement to pieces.

They would know...
    The guy doesn't even start his job at Hearts until tomorrow and it's probably fair to say the vast majority of yams have no idea what he's like, yet already the wagons have circled around him. Barnsley owners are apparently an "idiotic yank" and "total German helmets".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Forelock tuggers, every one of them.
    And is 'Mrs Budge' the only one capable of taking "sound legal advice"? Surely safe to say Barnsley will have done likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I wonder if McCall's record would be better than Stendel's. This was how he started the season before getting sacked:
    5-1 L
    2-2
    1-3 L
    1-0 L
    0-2 L
    0-0
    1-3 L
    2-0 L
    2-2
    0-3 L
    2-0 L
    1-0 W

That's grim!
    I'm not believing that. He's the same nationality as Klopp

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why would Hearts be negotiating a financial settlement with Barnsley if they didn't think they owed them anything? Makes no sense at all.
    Indeed.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    So he's a snake? seeing as Hearts are a morally bankrupt cesspit of a club he'll fit in well (after budge pays the £450k compo 😂)

Was Budge’s deal with FoH not the the club was to be handed over debt free in return for the payback of her loan plus interest ?

Hows that going to work.

Left by mutual consent!

It is verging on submarines round the Baltic.

They were calling him Mr Stendel on kickback earlier too. Weird lot

The Barnsley statement seems to imply improper behaviour and a breach of contract by Stendel.

1. As in most allegations of gross misconduct employers will usually suspend the employee on full pay pending the outcome of investigations and / or mutual resolution. Some call that Gardening Leave other precautionary suspension

2. In this case it is now clear that Stendel's contract had not been unilaterally cancelled by Barnsley.

3. The allegation re being tapped up by another club raises the possibility that he could be subject to sanction by the FA which could have implications for him taking up another role in football.

4. If HMFC have talked to a contracted employee of another football club without their permission then they too could be subject to sanction, involving UEFA as its cross border.

5. UEFA insist disputes go through the independent Court of Arbitration in Sport, based in Lausanne Switzerland, as legal action through the courts is seen as a breach of their articles which are binding on member associations and as a consequence their member clubs.( even if its just to defend yourself)

This is shaping up to be as tasty a wee controversy as the fleecing of the customers of Bankas Ukios

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hearts have responded and basically told them to GTF

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Has anyone listened to anything Stendel has to say? Sounds like he canny be arsed being here

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hearts have responded and basically told them to GTF
    Really!

Mind you us peg selling spoon burner hobos don’t know what it’s like to be a big club and how big clubs operate.

So as long as a lawyer said it’s all ok then it’s all ok!

I am hoping for more amusement as the week goes on!

PS is there a GTF statement??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    They were calling him Mr Stendel on kickback earlier too. Weird lot
    You would expect ‘Herr’ Stendel at least.

@hibs.net private member
    I hope that the legal action costs a fortune in addition to the compensation. Legal bills can be very expensive. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    He'll need a better title than that to be able to overrule Craig Levein.

Oberstleutnant Stendal perhaps?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I think they’re actively avoiding using any German on Kickback now after one of them mocked up a flag for Stendel with a slogan in German on it which turned out to be a phrase commonly used in propaganda by the Nazi’s.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I think they’re actively avoiding using any German on Kickback now after one of them mocked up a flag for Stendel with a slogan in German on it which turned out to be a phrase commonly used in propaganda by the Nazi’s.
    We had Horgan the hero they have Hogans hero’s

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I hope that the legal action costs a fortune in addition to the compensation. Legal bills can be very expensive. 😁
    Only if you pay them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    We Owe it to Ourselves?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Really!

Mind you us peg selling spoon burner hobos don’t know what it’s like to be a big club and how big clubs operate.

So as long as a lawyer said it’s all ok then it’s all ok!

I am hoping for more amusement as the week goes on!

PS is there a GTF statement??

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/arti...ment-1-2-3-4-5