hibs.net Messageboard

Page 364 of 558 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,920 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's got to be a Hibby on the wind up!

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Great username ,too

Since452

Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 12-05-2020 at 06:12 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sergy Pie View Post
    It feels they are facing some severe financial difficulties if they are inevitably relegated.

However, had this situation not occurred, would they still be looking at the same predicament had they went down?

Sure they had game receipts and the semi final etc to bank but their desperation with reconstruction and contract changes hints at something more sinister.

Have I missed something as it feels they were sailing close to the wind money wise (again)?
    As things stand, they've still got the semi final to bank - they sound as if they have a major cash flow issue.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    It feels they are facing some severe financial difficulties if they are inevitably relegated.

However, had this situation not occurred, would they still be looking at the same predicament had they went down?

Sure they had game receipts and the semi final etc to bank but their desperation with reconstruction and contract changes hints at something more sinister.

Have I missed something as it feels they were sailing close to the wind money wise (again)?
    Two big unknowns:

– The extent to which they can cut their wage bill.

– What's going on with the mystery benefactor, will (s)he reappear at some point?

Either of those (or a combination) could see them come out relatively unscathed, still with a budget more than adequate to win the Championship (assuming it's spent properly, eh Avril?).

If they can't shift their high earners and don't get more cash chucked in then they could be ****ed. Which would be a real shame.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Two big unknowns:

– The extent to which they can cut their wage bill.

– What's going on with the mystery benefactor, will (s)he reappear at some point?

Either of those (or a combination) could see them come out relatively unscathed, still with a budget more than adequate to win the Championship (assuming it's spent properly, eh Avril?).

If they can't shift their high earners and don't get more cash chucked in then they could be ****ed. Which would be a real shame.
    The wages cannot be cut again that was agreed when the players took this cut.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Do we have any top solicitors on the site would be interesting to hear the views of one.
    Can a championship team challenge the premier league clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    The wages cannot be cut again that was agreed when the players took this cut.

I'm talking about offloading players, whether through relegation ("expulsion") clauses, mutual termination or transfers, rather than cutting players wages but keeping them at the club.

Thanks folks. Will probably get the answers soon anyway when it all plays out.

They must have planned some insulation from going down, it’s not like it was a surprise given they’ve been bottom for so long.

It does feel though that this predicament has caught them well short and I find it odd. Might just be how I’ve interpreted things though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    They seem to forget that other teams helped them when they were going tits up. Remember clubs doing collections and giving them extra gate recipes!
    Are we talking about cakes again?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Are we talking about cakes again?
    Yep, the kind you make without flour, country pancakes from the big red coo.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks folks. Will probably get the answers soon anyway when it all plays out.

They must have planned some insulation from going down, it’s not like it was a surprise given they’ve been bottom for so long.

It does feel though that this predicament has caught them well short and I find it odd. Might just be how I’ve interpreted things though.
    They did plan for relegation in January. They signed a £6000 per week striker.

kila kila

Posted 9 minutes ago
    How much was the plane hire again?

Imagine if we hired one every away game... let's not let them forget all season.

The Neilson Out plane was noisy and couldn't be missed. The noise would disappear and we'd think it was gone at last. Then it'd reappear and fly over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    They seem to forget that other teams helped them when they were going tits up. Remember clubs doing collections and giving them extra gate recipes!
    I wouldn’t give them the steam off ma pish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    kila kila

Posted 9 minutes ago

Imagine if we hired one every away game... let's not let them forget all season.

The Neilson Out plane was noisy and couldn't be missed. The noise would disappear and we'd think it was gone at last. Then it'd reappear and fly over again.
    Is it loud enough to drown out squealing pigs? 🐷🐷

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Is it loud enough to drown out squealing pigs?
    A Levein out plane might well be required next season. They'll never shift him.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    kila kila

Posted 9 minutes ago

Oh that HAS to be a hibee on the Mick take

I'm talking about offloading players, whether through relegation ("expulsion") clauses, mutual termination or transfers, rather than cutting players wages but keeping them at the club.
    I dont think in this climate any player will be jumping ship. Especially hearts players who got long top dollar contracts. Some players might have a relegation get out clause but where are they going to go

I dont think in this climate any player will be jumping ship. Especially hearts players who got long top dollar contracts. Some players might have a relegation get out clause but where are they going to go

I think they all think Budge can article 12 then given the current climate.

We should offer Hearts a money spinning pre season friendly. Lets call it the COVID Cup.

The summer transfer window opens in 30 days. That should focus Doctor Missus Queen over Budge(t)'s mind.

1. Embark on costly legal action with hee haw chance of success if any this side of 2022

or

2. Recruit replacement squad suited to Championship.

She has one tiny quickly diminishing pot of pennies from the cash cow to play with. How she spends it will determine their future. Football or oblivion

They should sell the rights to the court case so the documentary makers can include it as a bonus on the DVD.

Roll on the docusoap!

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    They should sell the rights to the court case so the documentary makers can include it as a bonus on the DVD.
    OJ simpleton against the real world

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The Hearts of god damn Midlothian

It’s the way Jambos speak after two tours of some god damn hell hole.

“I’ve seen things that would make your grandma blush son! Don’t tell me I can’t handle an away trip to Arbroath!”

@hibs.net private member
    Jambo007

Hearts are getting hammered here , the drop in T/O going down will be in lost income ,TV,Advertisement other income , lack of Fans at game due to Covid#19 will be 33% to 40% on a current t/o of £15m . so £5/6 M . OR MORE...Companies are not going to rush and spend monies on Football, This is a PANDEMIC it's NOT Hearts FAULT ....SEASON VOID !!

Is anything ever their fault, played rank football for 18 months, won 4 games in a year (50% against us!!) but still it`s not their fault they are bottom - absolute roasters

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We should offer Hearts a money spinning pre season friendly. Lets call it the COVID Cup.
    Hibs will need a couple of preseason friendlies against lower league opposition to prepare for the coming season, so this would work.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Well yeah, that's why I described it as an unknown. We don't know if a significant number of players have relegation clauses and we don't know the nature of the clauses (i.e, do they just allow the player to leave if they want to, or do they allow the club to cut them loose if they want?).

If you’re last when the season ends you go down... as per the rules.

The season can be ended at any point, to cater for unforeseen situations like this... as per the rules.

They had plenty opportunities to get out of last place but they just weren’t good enough, a couple of good results versus us and Rangers but they couldn’t turn it on against the bottom 6 teams, who had the experience and grit to avoid relegation while they kept peddling the belief that they’re too big to fail. I have a bit of sympathy but the rules being implemented were drawn up and signed up to way before anyone even heard of this virus, now they want to change the rules because they’re detrimental to them.

Well yeah, that's why I described it as an unknown. We don't know if a significant number of players have relegation clauses and we don't know the nature of the clauses (i.e, do they just allow the player to leave if they want to, or do they allow the club to cut them loose if they want?).
    Surely if they have a relegation clause then they will overrule it and allow them to stay on the same terms as before. Why should any player suffer as a result of the pandemic, it’s not the players fault and we don’t need rule enforcement at a time like this, we need imaginative thinking.. or does that not apply in this situation?

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Remember when Hearts thought they had won last year's league by around November and their fans were singing we shall not be moved. Pretty much from that point onwards they have been in free fall. Loving it

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    I think “Relegation Clause” in a player’s contract agrees a wage reduction if the team is relegated, some might include a release option but in the main it is there to reduce the club’s wage liability.