hibs.net Messageboard

Page 274 of 558 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,220 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What gets me is Hearts fans talking about how this is vindication that 'Vlad' was correct all along and we are seeing proof that Scottish football is corrupt and so on.

What they are ignoring is that if any other team was currently bottom of the league, Hearts would have voted for the proposals in exactly the same way and for the same reasons that Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic et al have. Scottish football may well be corrupt but they would have been quite happy to have been complicit in that corruption if it was in their interests.

Of course they would have. With indecent haste too, if they were in 10th or 11th and it spared them from relegation.

They are a bunch of self-serving cheats.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    And if Celtic say fine, let’s just finish it behind closed doors etc, then they are one of the few clubs who could afford that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly - other than null and void - whatever way the cards fall Celtic emerge as champions. Why would they want to get involved in this mess?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    No dispensation is required if a player is a free agent when the transfer window closes. I'll stand corrected but Conrad Logan I'm pretty sure was a free agent when he signed for us.

I stand corrected - I was under the impression that Conrad was still on Leicester's books at the time we signed him. I will punish myself by staying in for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Exactly - other than null and void - whatever way the cards fall Celtic emerge as champions. Why would they want to get involved in this mess?
    Of course the yams would quickly abandon the zombie huns if there was a vote on that weird Dundee solution of awarding titles with no promotion or relegation.
    The no alliance all want different outcomes and it will fall to pieces fairly soon I would think.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Of course the yams would quickly abandon the zombie huns if there was a vote on that weird Dundee solution of awarding titles with no promotion or relegation.
    The no alliance all want different outcomes and it will fall to pieces fairly soon I would think.
    Good to see Dundee Utd have maintained a dignified silence in all of this.

They have spent a fortune to ensure promotion and there is no way they would accept "the title" without the promotion it deserves.

Clearly the flipside of this argument is that - if you promote the winners, you must relegate the bottom sides.

Its all fairly simple, and points to why so many clubs have voted Yes (regardless of Rangers / Hearts / ICT / Dundee conspiracy theories).

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Good to see Dundee Utd have maintained a dignified silence in all of this.

They have spent a fortune to ensure promotion and there is no way they would accept "the title" without the promotion it deserves.

Clearly the flipside of this argument is that - if you promote the winners, you must relegate the bottom sides.

Its all fairly simple, and points to why so many clubs have voted Yes (regardless of Rangers / Hearts / ICT / Dundee conspiracy theories).
    Conspiracy you say. Many would agree with you.

Look at this example. The word 'conspiracy' has 10 letters. The word 'conspire' has 8 letters. 10-8=2.

Hitler had 2 eyes.

Coincidence?

I think not.

EUEFA needs to step in and have a blanket rule to end all leagues with average points etc. No league reconstructions unless already planned. If they don’t then there will infighting and bad blood across all leagues with clubs blaming each other for acting in self interest or doing over bitter rivals. It’s crazy allowing leagues to decide their own fate this way. There may be exceptions of course due to how many games were left in certain leagues but a blanket ruling from EUEFA for those who have played the majority of their seasons is a must

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Conspiracy you say. Many would agree with you.

Look at this example. The word 'conspiracy' has 10 letters. The word 'conspire' has 8 letters. 10-8=2.

Hitler had 2 eyes.

Coincidence?

I think not.
    Ah....but he only had 1 ball 😆
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    EUEFA needs to step in and have a blanket rule to end all leagues with average points etc. No league reconstructions unless already planned. If they don’t then there will infighting and bad blood across all leagues with clubs blaming each other for acting in self interest or doing over bitter rivals. It’s crazy allowing leagues to decide their own fate this way. There may be exceptions of course due to how many games were left in certain leagues but a blanket ruling from EUEFA for those who have played the majority of their seasons is a must

Who are EUEFA?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Who are EUEFA?
    They sell euefa thin mints

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    They sell euefa thin mints

Ah, Papists. I knew it!!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Heres another corruption theory inverness struck a deal with rangers and hearts for a pot of money if they could persuade enough clubs in the championship to vote no . A chat group was formed between dundee ,inverness, partick , to conspire to achieve this goal .
    The SPFL got wind of this and spoke to the club with least to gain from this agreement Dundee.
    Rangers raging that their plan could come undone through everything at the
    SPFL as attempted cover for their plan.
    Dundee think **** it let's play the game we could get a lot more if we could get into the premier via reconstruction.
    So watch and let's see if this happens it won't be a 14 team league put forward but a 16 team league then we know what really happened

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Heres another corruption theory inverness struck a deal with rangers and hearts for a pot of money if they could persuade enough clubs in the championship to vote no . A chat group was formed between dundee ,inverness, partick , to conspire to achieve this goal .
    The SPFL got wind of this and spoke to the club with least to gain from this agreement Dundee.
    Dundee think **** it let's play the game we could get a lot more if we could get into the premier via reconstruction.
    So watch and let's see if this happens it won't be a 14 team league put forward but a 16 team league then we know what really happened

And Sky say , thanks but , no thanks, instead of £ 30 million a season to cover Scottish football we’ll give you 5 Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

Interesting that Hearts engineered a situation where they had not registered a vote by 5pm

Personally I think rangers & hearts needed it to succeed (for the money) and the hoo-ha is all about optics for their fan bases

Play the victim card to sustain season book numbers during the championship season (hearts) or the 10 in a row season (rangers)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Interesting that Hearts engineered a situation where they had not registered a vote by 5pm

Personally I think rangers & hearts needed it to succeed (for the money) and the hoo-ha is all about optics for their fan bases

Play the victim card to sustain season book numbers during the championship season (hearts) or the 10 in a row season (rangers)

Pathetic isn’t it? Even more so that we are now resigned to this behaviour.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    And Sky say , thanks but , no thanks, instead of £ 30 million a season to cover Scottish football we’ll give you 5 Bob.
    I don't disagree i think there is Zero chance of league change due to what u said

Who are EUEFA?
    I’ll blame my phone! 😊

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Dundee are also in this boat. They need the money but didn’t want to be seen to vote for an option that gave the title to their rivals.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Dundee are also in this boat. They need the money but didn’t want to be seen to vote for an option that gave the title to their rivals.
    Agree with that view

Agree too, and then theres also the small print of the DFC insurance policy insuring them against loss of income to think about.

If they vote No then that implies their remaining games this season are still to be played (so the income hasn't been lost - yet - just delayed, perhaps meaning no pay out).

If they vote Yes, then the games are definitely off, but the policy still might not pay out as DFC had the chance to play them (later this year) but choose not to, by voting Yes.

If that is close to being accurate then Dundee's only sure & certain income before Autumn will be by voting Yes, ending the season & taking the prize money (utd up, hearts down, prizes handed out & prize monies paid out to all)

It's a theory....
    Last edited by Springbank; 12-04-2020 at 12:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah and have now been put in a terrible position with the votes being shared before they had all been received. Terrible from the SPFL

I don't blame the SPFL really. Clubs up and down the country including Hibs were releasing statements saying which way they voted. Can't blame the SPFL for that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't blame the SPFL really. Clubs up and down the country including Hibs were releasing statements saying which way they voted. Can't blame the SPFL for that.
    You can blame them for the way it has ended up with everyone now knowing it lies in the hands of Dundee. Even though there were some statements, I bet you at 5 o’clock on Friday you weren’t able to say what clubs had voted yes/no until the SPFL release the figures

It seems to me a bit hypocritical of Rangers in their statement a couple of days ago to say clubs were being coerced and bullied into voting for the SPFL resolution when their little brother's representative Budge freely admitted calling clubs about it. She said it was to see how they'd be voting but I very much doubt she didn't try to persuade (coerce) them into voting against it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines...embers-update/

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Yeah and have now been put in a terrible position with the votes being shared before they had all been received. Terrible from the SPFL

Again, why?

Why did you expect this should be a secret ballot? Hibs fans quite reasonably wanted to know how our club voted, so SPFL only released info that would come out anyhow.

@hibs.net private member
    Again, why?

Why did you expect this should be a secret ballot? Hibs fans quite reasonably wanted to know how our club voted, so SPFL only released info that would come out anyhow.
    It’s nothing about knowing which clubs have voted which way. Dundee may now change their vote knowing that 85% of the other clubs have voted a certain way. That can’t be right!!

It’s nothing about knowing which clubs have voted which way. Dundee may now change their vote knowing that 85% of the other clubs have voted a certain way. That can’t be right!!

And how would you stop it?

Even if clubs resisted pressure to communicate their decision with their fans (which I don’t think is tenable), club chairman would be communicating with each other.

@hibs.net private member
    And how would you stop it?

Even if clubs resisted pressure to communicate their decision with their fans (which I don’t think is tenable), club chairman would be communicating with each other.
    And that’s fine, you would probably never stop that. But the governing body shouldn’t be coming out and handing the results out before all the votes are in imo

Left by mutual consent!
    And that’s fine, you would probably never stop that. But the governing body shouldn’t be coming out and handing the results out before all the votes are in imo
    What are they supposed to say in the statement as to there not being any results yet? They didn’t mention Dundee by name either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    What are they supposed to say in the statement as to there not being any results yet? They didn’t mention Dundee by name either.
    “Results will be issued once all votes have been received”

No that difficult