hibs.net Messageboard

Page 256 of 558 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 16724
    We should do whatever it takes to keep pictures of Queen Anne oot o the media.
    Scares my dug.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From my reading of the article I see LD being diplomatic and not giving away our thoughts before the vote. And I think she goes that way by being pragmatic and wanting to think through the issues.

As a Hibs fan I want LD to say it serves the Duncans right and they should go down. As a football fan I want the right thing for football. And as an accountant I want whatever costs Hibs the least long term. That's probably 3 different outcomes.

Anyway, enough trying to be sensible.

Send the Duncans down.
    I agree I think LD is being pretty diplomatic in the statement, one part I took from it

An abrupt end to proceedings is not her preferred option, although she admits it is preferable to voiding the campaign, which she believes is a non-starter and even more unfair,

I read into this that if push comes to shove then we vote them down.Which is where they should be.

Saughton Jambo

• Squad Member
    • Paid Member_20
    • 1,392 posts

Posted 37 minutes ago

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:
    I’ve always thought that we should have fitted sprinklers in the Roseburn so that when Hibs, Rangers and Celtic support act in their usual vile manner, we turn the sprinklers on.
    it would provide added entertainment value for the Hearts support.
    I assume you mean water and not Zyclone B that’s coming through them? Would be much more amusing to see if was the latter and not the former. Would certainly stamp out the sectarian bile for a bit

• I know where my sentiments lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    SSN getting on my thruppenies, continually repeating the rangers ‘statement’
    Are they the only club in Scotland?

Edit: now adding budge into the mix
    The Scottish media are particularly bad for reporting statements from Sevco and their fan groups without seeking comment from anyone else to add any kind of balance or sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    There is a difference about getting excited for a derby match and wanting Hibs to be the most successful team in Edinburgh.

Of course some will miss the derbies but majority want Hibs winning the Scottish Cup again and getting into Europe.
    There's no question in terms of football results, league position etc that Hibs would be better off without Hearts on their fixture list. Hibs teams over the decades have seen to that. But the underlying feeling among Hibs fans is that Hearts have cheated their way through many of these years, at our expense.

Perhaps if we still had the team of 3 years ago, we'd be a bit less bothered about Hearts remaining in the Prem as that would just give us a few more good opportunities to hammer them. But this season shows that the very opposite is more likely !

Ron and Leanne need to tread very carefully here. Ingratiating yourself to Hearts, while brassing off your own fans is not very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I don't think she's saying that at all. She is asking not to rush to a decision. Anyway Ron and Dave Cormack will ensure the proposal is passed. I'd be totally gobsmacked if the lower leagues don't pass it and the spl pass it then wait for the uefa meeting on Apr 23. Folk reading more into this than is there. She's friendly with budge. What do you expect her to be.
    I don't have a problem with how you read the article, there is second guessing and speculation going on for sure- I accept that.

What really bothers me is the last paragraph or so. In my mind there was no need to say that. I dont see what else she could be on about other than league reconstruction- but I am happy to be wrong on that!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    I agree I think LD is being pretty diplomatic in the statement, one part I took from it

An abrupt end to proceedings is not her preferred option, although she admits it is preferable to voiding the campaign, which she believes is a non-starter and even more unfair,

I read into this that if push comes to shove then we vote them down.Which is where they should be.
    That to me says that fulfilling the fixtures is the preferred option, but the alternative of voting them down is the only other option.

Either way, hearts go down 👍🏻

If "moving on" as quickly and efficiently as possible is the priority then it must be a yes vote. At least everyone would know where they stand and start planning for next season, whenever that may be.
    It would even let the jambos start plotting how they are going to win the Championship without cheating.

@hibs.net private member
    Firstly I want Hearts to be relegated.

On reading the statement I think she is being diplomatic. Does anyone really think reconstruction should be dismissed without finding out what is on offer? It may be that an 18 or 16 team league is proposed with play offs similar to rugby league. Sky offer to increase their offer by millions. Might not be what we want but it would provide excitement. Let's have the discussion then vote on it.
    The right answer with Hearts being relegated could still happen.
    Unlikely but what happens if every country in Europe managed to finish their league and we have jumped the gun. Unlikely but it could happen. I would rather we didn't have to do a uturn like Belgium.
    The liklihood is that the season will not be completed but why rush into a decision without having all the facts?
    Let them squirm a bit longer, see some hope and then vote for them to be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Firstly I want Hearts to be relegated.

On reading the statement I think she is being diplomatic. Does anyone really think reconstruction should be dismissed without finding out what is on offer? It may be that an 18 or 16 team league is proposed with play offs similar to rugby league. Sky offer to increase their offer by millions. Might not be what we want but it would provide excitement. Let's have the discussion then vote on it.
    The right answer with Hearts being relegated could still happen.
    Unlikely but what happens if every country in Europe managed to finish their league and we have jumped the gun. Unlikely but it could happen. I would rather we didn't have to do a uturn like Belgium.
    The liklihood is that the season will not be completed but why rush into a decision without having all the facts?
    Let them squirm a bit longer, see some hope and then vote for them to be relegated.

Like the last sentence

Blog Entries
    I 100% want them to go down but i think we have to cut the club a bit slack here. With 3 of St Js remaining 4 games away at us & the uglies we are odds on to be in the top 6 & have a decent chance at 5th. If we accept a 7th place finish we'll be losing out on the equivalent of between about 500 & 1200 season tickets sold. Losing 1or 2 home derbies next season is roughly the equivalent of losing another 500/1000 season tickets. In the current climate that's a big hole to fill. I would do it regardless but I would expect/hope LD & RG to act more dispassionately in our club's best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Is it really that much of a big deal? It seems to me there is no room for middle ground any more. It’s either over the top joy at the relegation of our greatest rivals or we all have to go to the other extreme and have a hatefest for our own club because they voted for something else. Thousands will not go back. The game’s screwed. We all have to hate our owner and board members. Any excuse really to have a pop at our own club?
    Can we not just settle for being a wee bit disappointed and move on?
    I wont be hating Hibs or hurting Hibs if Hearts don't go down.

As you say the polarisation of the debate is stupid but normal these days, every discussion on the internet ends up with extreme, over simplified views with the most vocal at either end of the scale.

I'd like to see Hearts go down, it would be well funny, but it wont colour my feelings towards Hibs if they stay up.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Scares my dug.
    a print out of her face on my fridge would help me greatly in this lock down

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I reckon 95% or more of Hibs fans are desperate to see Hearts relegated.
    Is "desperate" really the to describe your feelings on Hearts going down?

I'd like it and have a laugh but being desperate over it? Nah.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Ok let's look at the fairness angle. Still games to play and the tarts might win enough to save themselves, however unlikely.
    On the other hand they have cheated, remember the timing of their admin!!?? I hope Dundee don't.
    They have stolen money. Charities, HMRC, small businesses etc
    They have been receiving money from Benny Factor and not disclosing who they are.
    They signed players who they could not afford over multiple seasons going back to the 80s!
    They have continually racked up debt after debt and pretended to be a big club, flaunting their spending and rubbing it into everyone's faces, particularly ours
    There will be more but I can't be arsed thinking about it.
    With them being down we have the opportunity to push on as Edinburgh's No1 club and really put our foot in their throat.
    So yes we may lose a bit of cash in the shirt term but we need to remember all of the shut that they have got away with and we have had to put up with. Never forget that they are a shower of cheating *******s and there is NO club that deserves to be relegated more than them.
    Do the right thing overall and relegated them

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    If we were in their position we would take the exact same view as them and hope for league reconstruction but their league record is horrendous, there is no case to be made statistically to give them any hope of survival. They have again overspent spectacularly and in the process still managed a dig at our manager when they appointed Stendel, who still hasn’t managed a win against a bottom six side. They then basically try to blackmail their players without even missing one chaffing home match to accept a 50% cut or be sacked. There are no words to describe there desperation and sleekitness. We HAVE to do the right thing here.
    but the right thing here is to support a wait and see stance allowing us to play to a finish. All of what you said above are points about hearts based on what they have done off the field you'd be as well adding in they have got a crap main stand.

The fact is they are 4 adrift with 30 to play for. Celtic are 13 clear with rangers having a game in hand, Dundee Utd are all but up barring a collapse partick thistle are 2 adrift with a game in hand and 26 points to play for.

Id love hearts to go down but I'm want them to have zero comeback on it, they and the others mentioned have got to have the opportunity to play themselves out of trouble open to them up until it becomes clear the only way forward is to call it (possibly June) when the wait becomes too long and looks like effecting next season

Hearts being relegated would be funny.

Hearts only being spared relegation by some nonsensical convoluted stitch up would be funny.

Win / win.

if we help save them it will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on our season ticket sales while relieving the pressure on them and probably giving their ST sales a boost. its a NO FROM ME.
    Do the right thing Hibs

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Hearts only being spared relegation by some nonsensical convoluted stitch up would be funny.

Win / win.
    No chance. This place will be in absolute, complete meltdown if they are spared relegation.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Wonder how that erse Cruyff is feeling about his blaise comments now. What a dick.
    There is more than a few of them really starting to crack under the very real threat they are doomed. A lot of them kidding on they wont be going to away games or not going at all.

Enjoy the championship- Geoff Kilpatrick, Nookie, Special Olympics Doofy, Kingatti. Pleasing!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like the lockdown will be extended until May at the least according to ITV News.

I wouldn’t discount Celtic in any of this neither, they deserve this title and to void it, would really suit the Rangers. Therefore, I can see nothing happening in the short term but bluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    IMO no football will be played in the UK for many, many month (models now show us heading for the highest death rate in Europe). If Scotland insist on playing these final games in Aug, Sept or Oct, current STs must apply, the majority of Hibs fans will see those home games for FREE and the club will get little extra income in for those games. This will simply draw out the financial pain for clubs, and potentially damage next season.

If next season is shortened or impacted through reconstruction then Hibs and other clubs club MUST reduce the price of season tickets including those they have already sold. On top of that, they'll have to renegortiate the new TV deal.

I've not heard of ANY fans looking for a part refund on their current season tickets. Clubs are not having to deal with that pressure, so to see them squirming around shirking the obvious decision is ridiculous. They all need to man up, call the league, stand up to Hearts, Sevco and UEFA and do the right and obvious thing.
    Totally agree sir. In a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    No chance. This place will be in absolute, complete meltdown if they are spared relegation.
    Maybe so, but we’ll get at least a few years of shutting them up when they start their nonsense by reminding them how lucky they are to even be in the league.

If we save them, it’s on the explicit understanding that they are our bee-atches for the next 10 years, irrespective of results between the sides.

Scares my dug.
    😂😂😂

First Team Breakthrough
    Even if the lockdown measures were eased in May, although I imagine them being in place until at the earliest the beginning of June, social distancing is going to be the norm until much much later. I cannot see any football until early autumn at the very earliest. Are we going to have the never-ending season just to suit three or four clubs, no other wise there will only be a handful of clubs left in Scotland. I can understand the reluctance to call it so early but at some point it will, probably early summer. Null and void is off the table and honestly league reconstruction will just be a joke, 14 teams you’re avin a laff.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scares my dug.
    Indeed. Every time she rolls out another rambling statement it guarantees her face is plastered all over the sports pages. It's a nauseating sight.

IMHO the season is over as it stands. Avg points per game will be used to decide the standings... probably at the start of June when it really kicks in to peoples minds that social distancing measures are the new norm. And the focus shifts on a decisive starting point for the next campaign, rather than dragging the unfinished season out much longer.

Hearts are down as far as I am concerned. Not a ball shall be kicked in anger in at least the next 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Win / win.
    There's be nothing funny about the second circumstance, especially if Dempster is complicit in it. She's got previous for not following the views of the supporters of the club she's currently employed by.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I wont be hating Hibs or hurting Hibs if Hearts don't go down.

As you say the polarisation of the debate is stupid but normal these days, every discussion on the internet ends up with extreme, over simplified views with the most vocal at either end of the scale.

I'd like to see Hearts go down, it would be well funny, but it wont colour my feelings towards Hibs if they stay up.

This is bang on.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There are plenty of Hibs supporters who live for derby matches and want hearts in the league.

Hibs decision should be based on whaat's best for Hibs, regardless of the consequences for anyone else.

Nope. This is a time for people to see the bigger picture.

Sevco and Hearts are acting like bratty wee toddlers but the grown ups need to make the best decisions in the circumstances.

If we can’t play football until June this season is dead. Hearts fans knew they were likely finishing 12th a month ago - they need to accept their fate.