hibs.net Messageboard

Page 248 of 558 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SPFL LATEST

@RangersFC say it would be “abhorrent if certain clubs are unfairly relegated if current @spfl proposals are implemented”

Rangers maintain that the season should be decided over 38 games

More on @SkySportsNews and skysports.com

Surprised to see the Huns sticking together.
    Handshakes ahoy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This from the same sparryheid

The SPFL is a private corporation, owned by the 42 member clubs who are all shareholders and have a vote.

We're currently in the middle of a global health crisis and the chances are that 37-38 of the clubs will vote to end the season now to enable everyone to prepare as well as possible for next season (whenever that may be).

Where are these muppets getting their ideas of injunctions and epic court battles? I can understand why they're upset. I would be too. But they have serious delusions of grandeur.

In France there's an expression "péter plus haut que ton cul", meaning "to fart higher than your arse" - I can't help but think of them whenever I hear it.
    I did wonder if they've considered whether is possible to sue themselves or not? The members, one of which are the maroon balloons, may be liable jointly and severally.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Are they gone yet?

More crap and desperation from joel skeed (marks) at the EEN

"If the resolution is passed and the Championship, League 1 and League 2 are terminated then it sets a precedent Hearts won’t like. If the SPFL determine that the top-flight is not going to be finished then Hearts could be relegated. At which point legal advice would likely be sought, lawyers involved and more complexity.

That being said, the statement also mentioned that league reconstruction could be discussed ahead of next season which is an avenue in which the club could remain in the top flight.
    In short, Hearts are not relegated but a step towards that prospect has been taken by the SPFL."

SPFL LATEST

@RangersFC say it would be “abhorrent if certain clubs are unfairly relegated if current @spfl proposals are implemented”

Rangers with a predictable statement.
    Not happy with the proposed outcome, but offering no alternative other than play all games. An option which is plainly now unfeasible.
    Truly the statement Champions again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post

"If the resolution is passed and the Championship, League 1 and League 2 are terminated then it sets a precedent Hearts won’t like. If the SPFL determine that the top-flight is not going to be finished then Hearts could be relegated. At which point legal advice would likely be sought, lawyers involved and more complexity.

That being said, the statement also mentioned that league reconstruction could be discussed ahead of next season which is an avenue in which the club could remain in the top flight.
    In short, Hearts are not relegated but a step towards that prospect has been taken by the SPFL."

I’m looking forward to his ‘5 things we learned about Hearts defeat from Arbroath’ articles next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’m looking forward to his ‘5 things we learned about Hearts defeat from Arbroath’ articles next season.

🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by Causewayside PR View Post
    Wonder about Hibs. Will we be placed 6th or 7th??? St Johnstone 1 point behind and points average 1.24. Not sure of any historic examples but could they finish the season on something .24 points? Not sure how significant the financial hit is between finishing 6th or 7th?

Don't think any of the above will make any difference to how Hibs vote though!
    The difference in money is £130,000 between 6th and 7th. £1.56m for 6th and £1.43m for 7th.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Our club isn’t voting to relegate them. It’s got two choices. Vote null and void or call it. Null and void is the option not on club has supported other than Rangers. Even Budge has said she was against it and would rather have an extended league.

The financial implications of voiding a season are massive and give open season to sponsor and season ticket legal refund requests. Won’t happen.

The Rangers don’t support any option it seems to me, other than demanding the league be completed in front of full stadia again. Which is like asking for the moon on a stick.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    SPFL LATEST

What is abhorrent is that Zombie club of bigotry and hatred based in Govan.

They are behaving like 3 years olds who’ve had too much sugar and missed their afternoon nap.

If the league is completed with all games played then Sevco will end up even further behind Celtic, but they have to put on their wee pantomime for their pathetic fans.

The league will eventually get called. The lockdown could be another 5/6 weeks if we’re lucky. Players will have to have another pre season and there’s also the difficult obstacle of players contracts running out on 1st June

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    The difference in money is £130,000 between 6th and 7th. £1.56m for 6th and £1.43m for 7th.
    That was last season.This season will be different and dependent on the deal the league strikes with broadcasters for the unfinished season.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post

Am I missing something? If all leagues finish as it stands, why do we need to vote for reconstruction? Is it just to save Hearts? It’s never been in the agenda until now. Will they also save all relegated teams in the other divisions then? Only fair?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Great plan mastermind. That'll show us!
    One numpty suggesting that the could merge with Bury and take their place in the EFL 1. Bury Hearts has a certain ring to it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    Am I missing something? If all leagues finish as it stands, why do we need to vote for reconstruction? Is it just to save Hearts? It’s never been in the agenda until now. Will they also save all relegated teams in the other divisions then? Only fair?
    Yes you’re missing something. It’s to make all the clubs being relegated or not promoted feel that something might happen(it won’t).

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Anyone know what's the vote requirement for reconstruction to go ahead?

11/12 in Premiership,
    9/10 in the others,
    some % (75?)
    or another random figure?

Blog Entries
    SPFL LATEST

Absolutely pathetic. Hiding behind the Hawrts just to further their own agenda.

This post did make me chuckle.

If*we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where*it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again.*

Give it to the smaller clubs in the football league on our journey back.*

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell*mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is*announced!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

If*we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where*it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again.*

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell*mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is*announced!
    Why would Berra care 😂 And Uche....?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post

Here’s another belter

I think all the teams that are being disadvantaged (us, Rangers, Dundee, Inverness etc) should just form a splinter league. I’m sure Partick and Dundee etc would financially lap up the idea of playing us and Rangers 4 times a season.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    From the Guardian. Lovely stuff;

"The Scottish Professional Football League aims to crown Celtic as champions and relegate Heart of Midlothian after 23 April, the earliest date Uefa is willing to accept for the abandonment of top divisions.A meeting between the league’s board and clubs on Wednesday resulted in the recommendation of a resolution for a vote in each of the four divisions on whether to end their season as it stands, with places allocated on an average points-per-game basis.

Nine of the 12 Premiership clubs would need to vote in favour, and the SPFL, having canvassed opinion, is understood to be fully confident of it passing. Votes will be collated before the start of next week.

A subsequent delay in abandoning the top-flight campaign would then be expected in order to follow Uefa guidance. The European game’s governing body has warned of possible restrictions to Champions League and Europa League entry if member associations abandon seasons prematurely. The SPFL does not regard that as a serious risk but is anxious not to antagonise Uefa.

The Hearts owner, Ann Budge, has spoken of legal action should the league demote her club, who are four points adrift with eight games to play. Rangers have publicly spoken out against any early finish to the campaign and did so again on Wednesday afternoon.

“It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented,” read an Ibrox statement, which added: “The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.”
    Rangers insist “the 2019-20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish”.

Under the average-points plan, only Hibernian and St Johnstone – currently sixth and seventh respectively – would change places.
    Dundee United will be promoted to Scotland’s top division if Championship clubs pass their element of the resolution. That element may hold the key to the SPFL’s plans, with several clubs considering their options. It also irked Championship boards that the league issued a statement as their occasionally feisty round of talks were ongoing.

The bottom two divisions are expected to back an immediate end to their seasons, with 15 from 20 needing to agree in a combined vote. Brechin City, otherwise consigned to a play-off to save their spot in League Two, would be saved.

One glimmer of hope for Hearts - and Partick Thistle, who would be relegated from the Championship - came in an SPFL statement. “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with clubs over the possibility of league restructuring ahead of season 2020-21,” it read. That prospect, primarily of a 14-team Premiership as mooted by Budge on Wednesday, is currently viewed by insiders as remote.
    Numerous clubs across Scotland have been keen for the season to be defined so as to release prize money, issued on the basis of placings.
    Neil Doncaster, the league’s chief executive, said: “We are keen to work with Uefa and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland. The quicker we reach a final position the better.”

Clubs were informed of a necessity to start the 2020-21 Premiership season on the first Saturday in August, as part of Sky Sports’ new and exclusive live television deal. That campaign has therefore been granted priority, even though there is no guarantee of football in early August.
    The Scottish FA hopes to complete the 2019-20 Scottish Cup, currently at the semi-final phase, possibly as the opening games of “next” season.

Aberdeen, fourth in the Premiership, would have a possible route to the Europa League only via the cup but it is understood they could instead be put forward by the Scottish FA on the basis of league position"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Here’s another belter

I think all the teams that are being disadvantaged (us, Rangers, Dundee, Inverness etc) should just form a splinter league. I’m sure Partick and Dundee etc would financially lap up the idea of playing us and Rangers 4 times a season.
    They really are on a different level of self over importance

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Absolutely pathetic. Hiding behind the Hawrts just to further their own agenda.
    The Rangers don’t want season called now, but want prize money paid now? How can you pay out when league places aren’t finalised? I’m in favour of finishing as possible, if not you have to finish as it is so as clubs can be paid prize money to help cash flow, & prepare for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Causewayside PR View Post
    Wonder about Hibs. Will we be placed 6th or 7th??? St Johnstone 1 point behind and points average 1.24. Not sure of any historic examples but could they finish the season on something .24 points? Not sure how significant the financial hit is between finishing 6th or 7th?

Don't think any of the above will make any difference to how Hibs vote though!

I don't mind Hibs finishing 7th, it it means the Cheating Yams get relegated.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    100% this.

Post of the day
    That I think is down to Hibs, if we are 3rd bottom at the time - no chance, third top then entirely possible - over to you Hibs.

Loving this post.

Bit worried about that next Scotland squad though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Loving this post.

****in he’ll that’s a belter. Must be a wind up.

Loving this post.

The maroon pound? Ffs. They're getting more like their big brothers every day. Have they seen some of their away attendances recently? At least their big brothers can sell out an away derby.
    Last edited by Since452; 08-04-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Loving this post.

Berra, walker and uche 😂

Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson5 is Banderson from the paper. Same standard of writing and fact finding with Uche's place of birth!