hibs.net Messageboard

Page 223 of 558 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,690 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got hols begining of July. Not optimistic and trip planned for middle of August. A wee bit more cheery there. Put it this way the bookies are making royal Ascot which starts on June 16 is slight odds on not to happen. They are thinking mid July at the earliest and cramming the flat season into four months instead of seven and a half. Just an idea of the logistical nightmare of even starting next season on time never mind finishing this one. It's becoming increasingly more obvious,even Barry Ferguson was saying it today,that the season has gone and we must concentrate on saving the whole of next season.
    Totally agree with Ferguson. He is close to the people that run Hamilton and will know what they are thinking. Getting a full season in next season is crucial. Euro comps are unlikely because of travel restrictions but a full domestic season is possible. I think it will happen. The govt will be desperate to reflate the economy quickly after the lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Have you been hearing/reading what Budge has been saying??? They needed the money from the remaining 4 games and the SC SF to make it anywhere near the end of the season.

She had the audacity to get the begging bowl out too.

They have spent way more than they have and this is even with millions upon millions of anonymous donations and FOH money.

They are using every truck in the book, even going down the legal clause route to invoke a wage reduction. After day one this reeked of total and utter desperation.

We are all going to feel the pinch but at the moment it’s statement after statement, deny most things but are rolling out the we are self sufficient and living within our means BS when it is clear to all they are not.

1-Cup run would not have been budgeted for, so first lie.
    2-Living within their means? Well obviously couldn’t afford to give Naismith & Boyce such large long contracts. So lie 2.

@hibs.net private member CA Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I have notification of 2 gigs postponed from April rescheduled for September and October. Optimistic that they will go ahead. No reason to believe football would be any different.
    I just had notification for Madness at the end of May, postponed until June Next year...probably the only dates they could fit it in

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    1-Cup run would not have been budgeted for, so first lie.
    2-Living within their means? Well obviously couldn’t afford to give Naismith & Boyce such large long contracts. So lie 2.
    Both your points spot on.

Take away the anonymous donations etc and you’re looking at a deficit of 3-4 million at least.

Yet they are living within their means!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Both your points spot on.

Take away the anonymous donations etc and you’re looking at a deficit of 3-4 million at least.

Yet they are living within their means!!!

What’s frustrating, is nobody from the authorities seem to see these things. The SFA will do whatever it takes to help both them & Sevco. I hope this season can be finished, & if they escape relegation, so be it. Makes me even prouder to be a Hibby. An honest, open community club, who conduct our business properly & above all honestly. ⚽️💚

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    What’s frustrating, is nobody from the authorities seem to see these things. The SFA will do whatever it takes to help both them & Sevco. I hope this season can be finished, & if they escape relegation, so be it. Makes me even prouder to be a Hibby. An honest, open community club, who conduct our business properly & above all honestly. ⚽️
    They are the club with NO SHAME.

They way the have been and are currently being run is what you would expect. The pro-port to be the first at many things and a BIG club but at the end of the day no one needs to say anything as they are saying it all themselves.

Thank god my dad saw sense (a Geordie) when he married my mum and brought us into the faith which is the Hibbies family.

Remember when Budge said she wouldn't start worrying about relegation until February?!

Worried yet?!

Testimonial Due
    Has anyone considered the possibility that they are not skint at all and the benefactor hasn’t disappeared but they realise it’s just better to use corona virus as an excuse and get rid of a team of league bottom duds ASAP and start building for next season with a clean slate and a new bunch of players? Might save the benefactor a million quid if most of the players disappear.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Remember when Budge said she wouldn't start worrying about relegation until February?!

Worried yet?!
    I remember when she told them if they saved up enough money to repay her (plus a market beating 6.5% interest) they could finally get to
    own the club.

I also remember her waffle about the million pound never seen before pitch she blew their money on.

Classic deflecting and boy are they easily deflected from reality.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6129505]We won’t be able to feed ourselves if we are not back to normal by August. This lockdown will be the last, a proper test and trace system along with increased capacity in the snhs will need to be in place by the time it ends because there won’t be another lockdown.
    There would be riots in the streets if this lasts that long.

Would you rather be dead?

IMO if isolation is effective it has to continue until the virus peaks or what we have endured so far will have been a complete waste. I hate this self isolation but will continue with it until enough evidence gives the all clear.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 29-03-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts relegated yet?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Has anyone considered the possibility that they are not skint at all and the benefactor hasn’t disappeared but they realise it’s just better to use corona virus as an excuse and get rid of a team of league bottom duds ASAP and start building for next season with a clean slate and a new bunch of players? Might save the benefactor a million quid if most of the players disappear.
    The benefactors “disposable income” is highly reliant on well performing financial markets so that particular well will be pretty dry at present. Unfortunately for Hearts, they are also not the only Edinburgh institution that benefits from this benefactors funding and they are likely far down his list of priorities.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The benefactors “disposable income” is highly reliant on well performing financial markets so that particular well will be pretty dry at present. Unfortunately for Hearts, they are also not the only Edinburgh institution that benefits from this benefactors funding and they are likely far down his list of priorities.
    Definitely a “his”?

@hibs.net private member
    Not really relevant to the thread, but this just popped up on my news feed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...body-kits/amp/

It's not perfect, but it's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    If they are allowed to go down the route of enforced pay cuts or redundancies it should come with strict limits on wage caps and transfer activity going forward. Not sure how they could argue with this if they genuinely are skint.

Testimonial Due
    You said previously more than one person. Now only one? Is the money drawn from financial market related activity? Can't be a direct investment as that is not liquid enough to generate that amount of donations. And Hearts just one of the benefactors and down the list. Must have a pile of cash. Warren Buffet? No financial crisis when Hearts in admin. Why did they not appear then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    If they are allowed to go down the route of enforced pay cuts or redundancies it should come with strict limits on wage caps and transfer activity going forward. Not sure how they could argue with this if they genuinely are skint.

Agree 100%.

They can't be allowed to reduce outgoings now to fund new contracts next season whilst other clubs honour their contracts and have less available money for new contracts.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

In the know, aye?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    In the know, aye?

Think been spun a story by golfing buddy Stuart Wallace of FOH. Story changes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Think been spun a story by golfing buddy Stuart Wallace of FOH. Story changes all the time.
    I don’t play golf Raphael.

Testimonial Due
    I don’t play golf Raphael.
    But you know Stuart. He was the source of your previous revelations that the donator was a single person who was a business acquaintance of Stuart's who runs a tax planning/wealth management business. Your latest post looks like Stuart's spin on why the mysterious donator has disappeared in Hearts' hour of need. Why would he tell a Hibee all this if not to put you off the scent. I have been getting a different spin from another FOH senior member. I just dismissed it as bluster.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    But you know Stuart. He was the source of your previous revelations that the donator was a single person who was a business acquaintance of Stuart's who runs a tax planning/wealth management business. Your latest post looks like Stuart's spin on why the mysterious donator has disappeared in Hearts' hour of need. Why would he tell a Hibee all this if not to put you off the scent. I have been getting a different spin from another FOH senior member. I just dismissed it as bluster.
    I don’t know and have never claimed to know Stuart Wallace. From what I can tell of him he is a Budge sycophant who won’t say anything negative about the current regime in case it damages his quest for the main job once FOH takeover the running of the club. As the main man of FOH he really should have been holding Ann Budge‘a feet to fire during the last 2-3 years of shambles of the club but has said nowt.
    Last edited by CapitalGreen; 30-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I don’t know and have never claimed to know Stuart Wallace. From what I can tell of him he is a Budge sycophant who won’t say anything negative about the current regime in case it damages his quest for the main job once FOH takeover the running of the club. As the main man of FOH he really should have been holding Ann Budge‘a feet to fire during the last 2-3 years of shambles of the club but has said nowt.

Stuart Wallace is part of the current regime . He’s been a director of the football club for over 3 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Stuart Wallace is part of the current regime . He’s been a director of the football club for over 3 years now.
    Yup but all the power rests with Ann Budge. As Chairman of FOH he should have been representing the fans and been holding her to account for her many failings in recent years but he has been keeping her sweet to ensure he takes over running the club in the future. A fan organisation with 8-9000 members pumping a sizeable amount into the club seems to have little voice or influence over what the club does.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    What makes folk think Hearts are going into Admin?

I’m aware that they have been spending too much on wages i.e Naismith and Boyce. But, surely they haven’t got themselves into that much trouble?!

I think she is taking advantage of a terrible situation. And threatening folk with their jobs is disgraceful!

This unprecedented situation we’re in will affect all Scottish clubs even Celtic! So, will folk agree with the Hibs board if we have follow suit?

It's not really your fault that you're shocked by the Jambos financial woes (to further clarify, it's their current financial woes - not the other recent ones of 2013) because if you're getting your info exclusively from our esteemed 'media', right now I'd guess that you're probably jealous that Hearts have got such a forward-thinking, business whizz-kid at their helm !. However, in today's record, ex-Hibee Kevin Harper dares to go against the MSM grain -

'The lesson Hibs have taught Hearts over coronavirus cost saving'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-over-21776049

'You have got to broach the subject with their players and staff. They are human beings. You can’t just go in with the big stick and say ‘this is what’s happening’

Unsurprisingly, this headline/article seems to have escaped the attention of the normally eagle-eyed readers of that quality-site, 'Throw-back' - what has caught their attention is the news that FC Sion have allegedly sacked 8 of their players because they refused to take a wage-cut !, Although the article doesn't state if FC Sion asked the players to take the wage-cut 5 minutes after a game with the Swiss equivalent of Ross-county was postponed/cancelled - it makes no difference to the Jambos as the fact that it's happened, has rejuvenated the Jambos and their love and idolisation of Budge !

Kevin Harper is spot on.

Classless Jambos won’t get it though.

Whoever the mystery benefactors are, you’d think the alarm bells are ringing loud and clear. Budge is clueless.

Today is the day Budge has assured the Hearts players they will receive their full March salary. This is a considerable wedge of actual cash which must really exist for it to transfered to the players accounts not to mention the defered HMRC payments to BoJo.

It is reported their bank has refused any further line of credit so they are either now maxing their overdraft facility to scrape the pennies together and emptying their piggy bank of reserves or they will be relying on an "external" bung to get them through today.

From tomorrow they could technically be trading whilst insolvent. I reckon a statement is incoming.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Today is the day Budge has assured the Hearts players they will receive their full March salary. This is a considerable wedge of actual cash which must really exist for it to transfered to the players accounts not to mention the defered HMRC payments to BoJo.

It is reported their bank has refused any further line of credit so they are either now maxing their overdraft facility to scrape the pennies together and emptying their piggy bank of reserves or they will be relying on an "external" bung to get them through today.

From tomorrow they could technically be trading whilst insolvent. I reckon a statement is incoming.
    I think they given their history and the way they have operated financially over the last few years, plus recent actions and statements, there will be no overdraft facility

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post

Govt has given business permission to trade while insolvent so we won’t hear anything. Interesting that there has been no white smoke on a deal with their players though. Negotiations must be trickier than they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Govt has given business permission to trade while insolvent so we won’t hear anything. Interesting that there has been no white smoke on a deal with their players though. Negotiations must be trickier than they thought.

This is much more likely than some of the wild speculation on here.

Government action is necessary but unavoidably will allow bad businesses to hide amongst the good ones who are suffering solely due to external factors.