hibs.net Messageboard

Page 158 of 558 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 16724
    I was reading this morning that Stendel has them wearing goggles and using ropes in training to improve their defending....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Estimates on jkb that hearts have only shifted 3500 tickets for the home end tonight

They could have saved money by closing 2 stands
    They could have made money by allocating an extra 2 stands to the visitors, like St Johnstone did, but I suppose big teams don't behave that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I was reading this morning that Stendel has them wearing goggles and using ropes in training to improve their defending....
    Anyone know if Danny boy was at Easter Road last night, or do managers not do that any more and send their minions or just watch on the tv?

I know if I was a manager in an unfamiliar country I would want to get a feel of the stadium and watch opponents in the flesh.

Perhaps he was cementing his legend in the pubs of Gorgie with his faithful followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Estimates on jkb that hearts have only shifted 3500 tickets for the home end tonight

They could have saved money by closing 2 stands
    I was sceptical but you can look at their eticket website a bit like ours, click on all the sections, and there are genuinely swathes of unsold seats.

The main stand probably has a reasonable amount sold and the one opposite in the middle section, but there is a lot of blue dots.

I reckon maybe 4500 sold at the most, may sell a few more today, but pretty dire.

Beer goggles?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Anyone know if Danny boy was at Easter Road last night, or do managers not do that any more and send their minions or just watch on the tv?

I know if I was a manager in an unfamiliar country I would want to get a feel of the stadium and watch opponents in the flesh.

Perhaps he was cementing his legend in the pubs of Gorgie with his faithful followers.
    He'll have been down wetherspoons where they don't usually have football on or if it is the sounds off, so it'll be a bit like a home game for him.

He'll have the team with him roped together and wearing Ned Kelly masks to improve their peripheral vision and they make excellent 8 pint pitchers as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So Kev the Jambo at work mentioned yesterday that there is a really good chance the football season will be cancelled, with everything null and void because of the threat of the Coronavirus!

Budge has apparently been in touch with the SPFL raising her concerns!

Desperation of the highest level of true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this does happen it's probably fairer that the league positions at the time of cancellation applies, so the maroon balloons could be the only team to have won a league by October and be relegated by March, another first.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

So Kev the Jambo at work mentioned yesterday that there is a really good chance the football season will be cancelled, with everything null and void because of the threat of the Coronavirus!

I read an article yesterday where it mentioned the EPLthe question was if it had to be cancelled would liverpool be crowned champions, no mention of the SPFL, obviously there is other steps to take before the leagues were cancelled including playing games behind closed doors, the conclusion was that league placing would remain, straw clutching at it's very best by our maroon chums

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    If this does happen it's probably fairer that the league positions at the time of cancellation applies, so the maroon balloons could be the only team to have won a league by October and be relegated by March, another first.

If it didn’t, Dundee Utd would be heading to court that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If it didn’t, Dundee Utd would be heading to court that week.

Yep, I think Kev is probably making stuff up to make himself feel better but if his fantasy did come true they'll be typically shameless about how they survived and there'll be an open top bus celebration even if they had to do it in decontamination suits.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Considering the only other time the league has ever been suspended was for World War 2, any thoughts that a flu virus will cancel our league/make all results null and void are purely fanciful from their point of view. If the SPFL froze the league from today, we would be 75% of the way through the season. Assuming 4 more games each, takes us to 85% - would be a case of tough luck Hearts, cheerio.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's all great fun having a laugh at our neighbours who were once our rivals but seriously, can the SPL honestly afford to lose a club with a 400,000 support ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Kev’s just nit wanting to admit it might happen so any excuse is needed and looked at

I am sure Vlad has returned in a Stendel disguise:

Hearts boss Stendel makes players use GOGGLES and ROPE in bizarre training drills

DANIEL STENDEL has introduced GOGGLES and ROPE to training in a bid to improve his team’s defending.

The under-pressure Hearts coach ordered bewildered defenders to put on ski goggles at the Riccarton training base.

They were told the drill would help their peripheral vision — as Stendel has raised concerns about a lack of awareness in his back line.

It’s believed the former Barnsley coach provoked laughter among the squad when the goggles were produced for his idea of transforming his defence.

But he also set up another session where his back four were connected by rope to ensure they worked and moved together as a solid unit.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    A quick check on Eticketing shows scores of empty seats. But not singles or even doubles. Some with rows and almost all sections empty.

9k would be generous at this rate. And they mocked us for a Friday night free to air TV game v a lower league opponent. Jambos + irony = delusion.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    I am sure Vlad has returned in a Stendel disguise:

Hearts boss Stendel makes players use GOGGLES and ROPE in bizarre training drills

DANIEL STENDEL has introduced GOGGLES and ROPE to training in a bid to improve his team’s defending.

The under-pressure Hearts coach ordered bewildered defenders to put on ski goggles at the Riccarton training base.

They were told the drill would help their peripheral vision — as Stendel has raised concerns about a lack of awareness in his back line.

It’s believed the former Barnsley coach provoked laughter among the squad when the goggles were produced for his idea of transforming his defence.

But he also set up another session where his back four were connected by rope to ensure they worked and moved together as a solid unit.
    The fact that article has made the sun is great news for us.

Suggests to me that someone or some people in the camp are seriously unhappy / think the guy is a wack job and they clearly don't respect him.

I think they've got a better squad than accies and St mirren, but I'm pretty certain they're not going to play for their manager so they're toiling big time imo

I fully realise Kev the Jambo is a fictitious workmate but still enjoy the way you use him to rip the Hertz.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Suggests to me that someone or some people in the camp are seriously unhappy / think the guy is a wack job and they clearly don't respect him.

I think they've got a better squad than accies and St mirren, but I'm pretty certain they're not going to play for their manager so they're toiling big time imo
    John Souttar 🤐

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Coronavirus is pretty big and famous, so maybe there’s something in it?

It also turns folk into snivelling wrecks: another thing it and Hearts have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    A quick check on Eticketing shows scores of empty seats. But not singles or even doubles. Some with rows and almost all sections empty.

9k would be generous at this rate. And they mocked us for a Friday night free to air TV game v a lower league opponent. Jambos + irony = delusion.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    They got 1500 more than us for a game hidden away on a channel that few people bother with and only because the away end was full. Far fewer fans in the home end today than last night and we had to contend with being on a channel people actually watch.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Well that would be true, If like all big teams they owned their training ground but at Oriam you can walk past and watch them train.

I actually thought this was a joke article written by someone .net but it turns out to be true. Fannies

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Well that would be true, If like all big teams they owned their training ground but at Oriam you can walk past and watch them train.

I actually thought this was a joke article written by someone .net but it turns out to be true. Fannies
    Is there anything to stop an upcoming opponent walking past several times during a training session?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Is there anything to stop an upcoming opponent walking past several times during a training session?
    Probably not, but to be fair, all they'd see is a bunch of clowns wearing pompom hats and skiing goggles, tied together with ropes, tripping each other up.

Quite likely they would have removed the goal posts too so hard to tell it's a football training session, more like a creative assault on the south face of Arthur's Seat.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Does yesterday's Hertz result change anyone's views about the game on Tuesday night?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Does yesterday's Hertz result change anyone's views about the game on Tuesday night?
    I think it’s made me more confident - it’s always difficult to follow up on a high like they had last night. Sore legs and on the come down...

Na. They’re not suddenly a good team, they just got a good result.

We need to go out and beat them on Tuesday. And it’s about time we beat them well.

@hibs.net private member
    Going to hump them. They got lucky yesterday as sevco had no forwards.

With their high line our pace will rip them apart.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    What was the score in their next game after beating the Hun in the league? Got a fluke draw at St Johnstone after being pounded. Then lost to Kilmarnock and then drew with Hamilton again after getting lucky with a red for Hamilton. They are pish and a fluke result here and there doesn't change that. Rangers were rank and it was on their five a side pitch in poor conditions and Der Hun are in turmoil. All added up to being in hearts favour. Still believe we are by far the better side and will have enough to do them at ER

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    They had two weeks off to work on defence, while the Huns had a big match on Wednesday, So it was not that much of a surprise to me.

I fancy us to score goals against any team, but I just pray that Hanlon and Jackson are on top of their game. Need better concentration at the back than we had against Caley.

Reckon they will be full on hoofball.

Not really. Good result for them, no doubt about that. Rangers are in turmoil and, just like last time, were without their top goalscorer. Hearts are still sh¡te.

Stendel has done a Levein and bought himself more time, he just does it by beating Rangers whereas Levein would pull a result against us out of the bag when they'd been on a bad run.

I think they'll suffer from a come down after a big result, just like we sometimes do and like they did a month ago.