hibs.net Messageboard

Page 139 of 558 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Serious question. Is there a more delusional fanbase in world football? I'm struggling to think of any.
    Nope

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Serious question. Is there a more delusional fanbase in world football? I'm struggling to think of any.
    No. Rangers fans are a bit like that but at least they're a big club. Hearts fans think Celtic are their main rivals while battling Hamilton for relegation. Call themselves "the famous" when their own manager had never heard of them. Have a smaller unfinished stadium and smaller crowds than their city rivals who are 17 points ahead of them in a transitional season. Rent a training ground. Celebrated a home draw with Aberdeen like a Champions League win. Haven't won the league cup for 60 years and are about to finish behind the so called "wee team" for the 3rd season in a row. Their delusion is almost an illness.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    No. Rangers fans are a bit like that but at least they're a big club. Hearts fans think Celtic are their main rivals while battling Hamilton for relegation. Call themselves "the famous" when their own manager had never heard of them. Have a smaller unfinished stadium and smaller crowds than their city rivals who are 17 points ahead of them in a transitional season. Rent a training ground. Celebrated a home draw with Aberdeen like a Champions League win and are about to finish behind the so called "wee team" for the 3rd season in a row. Their delusion is almost an illness.
    And the last Edinburgh team to win both the major trophies in Scotland wasn't Hearts.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Where did "The Famous" stuff come from anyway?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    No. Rangers fans are a bit like that but at least they're a big club. Hearts fans think Celtic are their main rivals while battling Hamilton for relegation. Call themselves "the famous" when their own manager had never heard of them. Have a smaller unfinished stadium and smaller crowds than their city rivals who are 17 points ahead of them in a transitional season. Rent a training ground. Celebrated a home draw with Aberdeen like a Champions League win. Haven't won the league cup for 60 years and are about to finish behind the so called "wee team" for the 3rd season in a row. Their delusion is almost an illness.
    And single handedly won the first wold war

I always remember a newspaper article around the time of their ‘troubles’ in 2013/14. I think it was written by Graham Spiers.

Spiers attended one of their desperate supporter gatherings at Tiny when they were trying to get out of the mess they put themselves in.

He wrote that one of the questions put to their administration hierarchy by a supporter was.........’The fans were unaware of the £30m debt and we cannot understand how it happened’. Incidentally this did not include the £30m ‘cash for shares’ ruse carried out by Romanov.

Spiers observed that there was a collective silence across the room when the question was put forward. There was absolutely no acknowledgement from any supporters of the overspend on players for the previous 15 years and the success they achieved because of it.

What a bunch of cheating clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Might want to take the special mushrooms off the menu.
    You would think but this boy is deadly serious when he talks about them.

Today was a whole new level though and he made a right Mike Hunt of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Where did "The Famous" stuff come from anyway?
    My guess is Scott Wilson probably started it and after hearing it all the time, the weak minded gullible fools soon started to believe it.

Infamous would be more appropriate, a bit like how Dick Turpin was infamous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You would think but this boy is deadly serious when he talks about them.

Today was a whole new level though and he made a right Mike Hunt of himself.

Take a banana in for him tomorrow and tell him he's nuts .

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Take a banana in for him tomorrow and tell him he's nuts .

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Ha. Straight jacket would be more appropriate

The generic Hearts thread

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I would strongly argue that was not the case. Hearts broke football rules throughout the 2012/13 season. They repeatedly paid wages late & were "punished" by not being able to register new players (who they couldn't pay anyway) from October 2012. Throughout that 2012/13 season Hearts, mainly in the form of David Southern, lied to the footballing authorities that they were "self-sufficient". They deliberately waited until season end, June 2013, before going into administration & thus avoiding the 15 point penalty for 2012/13 & relegation. Their debts were incurred long before that date. If they had been relegated for the 2013/14 season & then had to play in the Championship while under administration their recent history would look very different. Of course the SPFL were complicit in the lie in that they never once inspected the books despite Hearts defaulting on wages (& lying about it) for several months during 2012/13 season.
    Your other comments are mostly accurate but let's not deflect in any way from the magnitude of the footballing/financial crimes committed by our neighbours.
    I agree with everything you say but the problem is that the rules were and still are too weak to deal with them. Everyone knew what was happening but the authorities were powerless to deal with them.
    Hibs are part of the problem here. I have never heard us advocate to implement any kind of ffp regime once. We seem happy to miss out on cups and Euro places while everyone else plays the system.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 19-02-2020 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I would strongly argue that was not the case. Hearts broke football rules throughout the 2012/13 season. They repeatedly paid wages late & were "punished" by not being able to register new players (who they couldn't pay anyway) from October 2012. Throughout that 2012/13 season Hearts, mainly in the form of David Southern, lied to the footballing authorities that they were "self-sufficient". They deliberately waited until season end, June 2013, before going into administration & thus avoiding the 15 point penalty for 2012/13 & relegation. Their debts were incurred long before that date. If they had been relegated for the 2013/14 season & then had to play in the Championship while under administration their recent history would look very different. Of course the SPFL were complicit in the lie in that they never once inspected the books despite Hearts defaulting on wages (& lying about it) for several months during 2012/13 season.
    Your other comments are mostly accurate but let's not deflect in any way from the magnitude of the footballing/financial crimes committed by our neighbours.

Very true.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Why they took £2.25 million is an answer that Mr A Salmond can likely answer but unlikely to ever be put on the spot to do so, someone could ask him however he appears to be rather tied up at the moment.
    Right up to the last minute the Lithuanian creditors were open to fresh offers. So I think the Salmond story is hogwash. The reason they took the £2.25 million was it was made clear their would be no planning permission apart for a sports stadium. So Tynie was worthless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Scott Wilson
    The man's a weirdo, I remember watching an interview with him on YouTube about hearts new stand and he said " and it will be bigger then hibs's stadium"

Genuine question, how much cash do you reckon Hearts have completely blown in total since the turn of the millenium between Romanov’s crooked millions, the begging bowl years, millions of their fans own pocket money, Anne Budgie’s mystery benefactor and the unfinished stand bottomless money pit?

They were over £36million in debt when they sold Craig Gordon for £9million odd and had only cut that down to £29million when they went into admin several years later. And the stand has escalated to £22.5million alone.

Must be in excess of £100 million down the drain surely - all for the same number of major trophies as Hibs in that time, a couple of Champions League qualifying round games, and on the verge of a 2nd relegation. They’ve taken the word underachievement to another level.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Very true.
    Word for word. 👍

That’s why they won’t go down, they’re the spawnyest bunch of yokels the world has ever seen. The red card on Saturday just highlights that.

Why has the SPFL chief executive never been asked who the mystery benefactors are either? Surely the rest of the clubs should be aware of this and how their accounts get signed off - especially having past history of defrauding the league and business’?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Word for word. 👍

That’s why they won’t go down, they’re the spawnyest bunch of yokels the world has ever seen. The red card on Saturday just highlights that.

Why has the SPFL chief executive never been asked who the mystery benefactors are either? Surely the rest of the clubs should be aware of this and how their accounts get signed off - especially having past history of defrauding the league and business’?
    What’s the chances they spoil things for all clubs with this mystery benefactor thing? How are saidbenefactors injecting monies into the club and how is that treated from a tax perspective? Is it a mechanism for injecting cash into the club at a reduced rate of tax?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkyBergkamp View Post
    What’s the chances they spoil things for all clubs with this mystery benefactor thing? How are saidbenefactors injecting monies into the club and how is that treated from a tax perspective? Is it a mechanism for injecting cash into the club at a reduced rate of tax?
    The accounting buffs will be able to give something more definitive but a gift from a director must be disclosed otherwise not.

There must some documentation that it is not a loan or interest free loan.

The money will be treated as non operating income and will be accounted for in the pre-tax profits which is where the taxation will take place.

There is no tax on the donation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Genuine question, how much cash do you reckon Hearts have completely blown in total since the turn of the millenium between Romanov’s crooked millions, the begging bowl years, millions of their fans own pocket money, Anne Budgie’s mystery benefactor and the unfinished stand bottomless money pit?

They were over £36million in debt when they sold Craig Gordon for £9million odd and had only cut that down to £29million when they went into admin several years later. And the stand has escalated to £22.5million alone.

Must be in excess of £100 million down the drain surely - all for the same number of major trophies as Hibs in that time, a couple of Champions League qualifying round games, and on the verge of a 2nd relegation. They’ve taken the word underachievement to another level.
    Heartsed it

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    I always remember a newspaper article around the time of their ‘troubles’ in 2013/14. I think it was written by Graham Spiers.

Spiers attended one of their desperate supporter gatherings at Tiny when they were trying to get out of the mess they put themselves in.

He wrote that one of the questions put to their administration hierarchy by a supporter was.........’The fans were unaware of the £30m debt and we cannot understand how it happened’. Incidentally this did not include the £30m ‘cash for shares’ ruse carried out by Romanov.

Spiers observed that there was a collective silence across the room when the question was put forward. There was absolutely no acknowledgement from any supporters of the overspend on players for the previous 15 years and the success they achieved because of it.

What a bunch of cheating clowns.

They are either desperately stupid or lying of course.

By 2004, the debts owed by Scottish football clubs was a huge story. Hearts had agreed a deal to sell Tynecastle and play at murrayfield, saying it was the only way the club could survive.

But the Jambos didn’t want to know... and jumped at the offer Vlad made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I agree with everything you say but the problem is that the rules were and still are too weak to deal with them. Everyone knew what was happening but the authorities were powerless to deal with them.
    Hibs are part of the problem here. I have never heard us advocate to implement any kind of ffp regime once. We seem happy to miss out on cups and Euro places while everyone else plays the system.

Just curious, but were you complaining about us overspending to get out of the championship for three years? Had we not kept up our spending we probably wouldn’t have won the cup, which in turn has resulted in the upturn since then. Or going further back to the turn of the millennium when we were overspending to get out of division 1 and then get into Europe and to a Scottish cup final in 2001?

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Just curious, but were you complaining about us overspending to get out of the championship for three years? Had we not kept up our spending we probably wouldn’t have won the cup, which in turn has resulted in the upturn since then. Or going further back to the turn of the millennium when we were overspending to get out of division 1 and then get into Europe and to a Scottish cup final in 2001?

With respect, you’re comparing apples and pears here.

Hibs financial situation in past 5-6 years bears no relation to 20 odd years ago. And our reaction to that crisis was the complete opposite of what happened at Hearts.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Apparently Boyce is struggling to make the bottom of the table clash tomorrow night. Have these fuds ever played an important game without someone being injured/ill/struggling/at death's door and then makes a remarkable recovery!? Hope they get smashed

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Apparently Boyce is struggling to make the bottom of the table clash tomorrow night. Have these fuds ever played an important game without someone being injured/ill/struggling/at death's door and then makes a remarkable recovery!? Hope they get smashed
    They might be reverting back into their old habits.Try to convince everyone an ok squad member wont make it then announce him in the starting line up for a cheap boost.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Looks like Levein is still influencing events as that's off page 1 of the Hearts how to play football manual he's been writing in his new role to help out the manager. There's no 2nd page planned.

"Boycey" will play..

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Hibs would not have breached any FFP rules while in the championship. They are usually carried out over a 3 year period to allow for bumps in the road.
    I’ve said before that hiring Sauzee, Latapy etc nearly bankrupted the club and was a mistake. Not a popular opinion but it’s my opinion anyway.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Hibs would not have breached any FFP rules while in the championship. They are usually carried out over a 3 year period to allow for bumps in the road.
    I’ve said before that hiring Sauzee, Latapy etc nearly bankrupted the club and was a mistake. Not a popular opinion but it’s my opinion anyway.

On that one I think whilst you could argue that point, assumptions would have been made around incomes from Tv revenues no one could have foreseen the fallout of that - that would have been the edgecase worst case scenario so I don’t blame Petrie for that one - he certainly reigned it it after that. - although Scott Lindsay would go on to argue that we do/did back the managers (Yogi has Stokes, Miller to name but two we also had Jonatan Johansson - who scored nada despite pedigree !)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

They were signed when TV revenue was at it's highest and more was expected. When the arse fell out of it losses and debt rocketed. Hibs were one of the first clubs to react with the likes of Paul Fenwick left sitting in the stand to avoid triggering an appearance related clause in his contract and players and management renegotiating their contracts and accepting wage cuts.

Other clubs were ttoo slow to react and suffered the consequences - the likes of Dundee, Livingston & Dunfermline went far more mental than Hibs spending-wise relative to their income/turnover without the TV money.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Right up to the last minute the Lithuanian creditors were open to fresh offers. So I think the Salmond story is hogwash. The reason they took the £2.25 million was it was made clear their would be no planning permission apart for a sports stadium. So Tynie was worthless.
    That is just incorrect

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    That is just incorrect
    No it is not. I was involved in a late offer to the Lithuanian creditors and they were interested. It would have topped the Budge offer. They were clearly not acting under the then first ministers influence. Can remember all the shenanigans around planning permission and restrictions at Tynecastle at the time to indicate no planning permission would be given for housing or a supermarket.