hibs.net Messageboard

Page 136 of 558 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember they announced around 10 years ago that they would win the Champions League.

What a bunch of clowns.
    2008 was when they were winning it by, they were building a Megasuperhotelstadium around then as well

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I came across a Hearts fan the other day who said they wouldn't change the Romanov era due to their success.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ha-ha-ha - 'out-dated Lego hell-hole' - more confirmation that the average 'Duncan' sees things that no other human-being sees - for instance, for years now on the pitch they've had players with world-class skills and talents but somehow these world-class skills and falents escaped the eye of even the most neutral of fans ! Seems like they have the same 'insight' when it comes to stadiums - or could it simply be that this particular 'Duncan' is miffed at ER being BIGGER ??. We rarely hear from them any more about attendances/size - I wonder why ............... ??
    That’s because they don’t do FACT.

FACT is our stadium has a larger capacity!

FACT is our stadium is UEFA compliant.

FACT is there ground is smaller and has a capacity less than 20,000 and has restricted views.

So yes you are correct if it was bigger etc we would have heard about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I expect this has been posted already but I make no apologies for repeating it...

Hearts points total compared to last season:

Last season: Pld 27. Pts: 44. Pos: 5th.

This season: Pld: 27. Pts: 19. Pos: 12th........ 25 points less!

It’s all Robbie Neilson’s fault. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I came across a Hearts fan the other day who said they wouldn't change the Romanov era due to their success.
    I bet he/she was one of the idiots that bought into Vlad's cash only share issue, just before he fled the country with a suitcase full of banknotes

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Legit Businessman Vlad was really, really good for Hearts and they might well have made a dent in the Champions League if it wasn't for that pesky Money Launderer Vlad.

I think most would say that.

How many tour de France did Lance Armstrong win again?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Doesn’t surprise me, it was the most successful era in their modern history. It’s probably very easy for them to get over the pain of administration with two Scottish cups. Add that to the fact that they bounced straight back up from the championship and finished third.

This though, this is season they really ****ing deserve. This is the long term punishment, the restoration of financial parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me, it was the most successful era in their modern history. It’s probably very easy for them to get over the pain of administration with two Scottish cups. Add that to the fact that they bounced straight back up from the championship and finished third.

This though, this is season they really ****ing deserve. This is the long term punishment, the restoration of financial parity.
    To be honest you should really include their 1998 cup win in this era. When the pieman took over from wallet mercer circa 1996 the were only £3m in debt. Just 6 years later they were £18m in debt so they were racking up the debt before and during this 1998 cup win.

Before their cup win in 1998 they had not won a major trophy in nearly 40 years. Then bang, 3 cup wins pop up mired in a mountain of debt. Would they have won these cups without over spending on players.....no chance. The Famous Cheats.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

Zero, it turns out.

They won a grand total of 2 trophies in a 6 year period of financial doping that took their club right to the brink of existence. For comparison we won 2 trophies in a 9 year period doing things the right way, and I’m quite proud of that.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I expect this has been posted already but I make no apologies for repeating it...

Hearts points total compared to last season:

Last season: Pld 27. Pts: 44. Pos: 5th.

This season: Pld: 27. Pts: 19. Pos: 12th........ 25 points less!
    You got the position wrong - they won it last season back in October.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

He did not defraud people out of £70+ million in doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    He did not defraud people out of £70+ million in doing it though.
    His current net worth is reported to be $125M so he has certainly defrauded someone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    They won a grand total of 2 trophies in a 6 year period of financial doping that took their club right to the brink of existence. For comparison we won 2 trophies in a 9 year period doing things the right way, and I’m quite proud of that.
    They also qualified for Europe and had some relative success/glamour ties and finished second, not to mention numerous derby wins and old firm successes.

I know by comparison it seems a pittance, as we also reached more finals and semi finals than them in that time.

All I mean is that if you had said to me after that run that “you’re going to into administration but you’ll have a whole year to build up to your relegation, you’ll be down there for one season and you’ll come up straight and finish third” I wouldn’t have been all that gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    To be honest you should really include their 1998 cup win in this era. When the pieman took over from wallet mercer circa 1996 the were only £3m in debt. Just 6 years later they were £18m in debt so they were racking up the debt before and during this 1998 cup win.

Before their cup win in 1998 they had not won a major trophy in nearly 40 years. Then bang, 3 cup wins pop up mired in a mountain of debt. Would they have won these cups without over spending on players.....no chance. The Famous Cheats.
    I didn’t realise Robinson’s tenure was so quick and so disastrous.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    In the era of FFP action seems fine taken retrospectively which is a bit “laggy” so by the time clubs are caught they’ve wined and dined on the successes and it’s a case of “rip it up and start again”.

Rangers would probably be the same imagine their history without Laudrup, Gasgoine, De Boer, Klos, Arteta, Van Bronkhurst, Neuman etc

By fair means or foul? These sheisfers and others stuffed up our game as it became a bit like cycling. But if you were to say to Rangers fans best part of 10 years History you would have to erase?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

All my Jambo supporting mates say that. Best days of their lives supporting them.

I didn’t realise Robinson’s tenure was so quick and so disastrous.
    Was that not when they built 3 sides of the stadium though? That would account for most of that amount, as they weren’t selling players like we were when we rebuilt our ground.

Funny how they managed to burn through the £9m received for Craig Gordon later though.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    His current net worth is reported to be $125M so he has certainly defrauded someone.....
    UKIO Bankas had a $300 million black hole because of Vlad's activities. Some may have been defrauded but some was blown on crazy business ventures. Hearts being one of the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Was that not when they built 3 sides of the stadium though? That would account for most of that amount, as they weren’t selling players like we were when we rebuilt our ground.

Funny how they managed to burn through the £9m received for Craig Gordon later though.
    I thought that was with Taylor report funding?

The £9mil was a drop in the ocean with the amounts they were spending on wages for that vast squad they assembled under Romanov.

First Team Regular Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    You did well, I can’t seem to find any ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corstorphine Hibby View Post
    You did well, I can’t seem to find any ?
    I don't fancy them that much either

Amazed they never paid Heriot Watt and still continue to train there.

Maybe one day they will own their own training base or finish their main stand.

Top clubs have their OWN training facility - name me a club that doesn’t at a high level to maintain privacy.

I remember watching Levein run through his pre derby team on the open grass pitches at Heriot Watt couple years ago.

Won’t come cheap in Edinburgh so I look forward to see how they approach this and fan ownership in the future.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    2008 was when they were winning it by, they were building a Megasuperhotelstadium around then as well

All my family are yams. Luckily my mum moved to Leith before I was born. My uncle was a shareholder and is one of the rabid faithful. He proudly told me that at that years AGM they had voted to increase the debt to £40 million so they could win the champions league.

When I pointed out that unlike abramovich, who wrote off Chelsea’s debt every year, Romanov wasn’t spending £40 million, he was piling debt onto the club, I was told I knew nothing about football finances.

Just goes to show us Hibees are forever in their shadow with our lack of knowledge on how to be a big team

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Top clubs have their OWN training facility - name me a club that doesn’t at a high level to maintain privacy.

I remember watching Levein run through his pre derby team on the open grass pitches at Heriot Watt couple years ago.

Won’t come cheap in Edinburgh so I look forward to see how they approach this and fan ownership in the future.
    A couple of Jambos at work were telling me that thwy helped fund the development work at Herriot Watt to the tune of £2.5m and in return they got a 25 year lease. I didnt know this

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    All my family are yams. Luckily my mum moved to Leith before I was born. My uncle was a shareholder and is one of the rabid faithful. He proudly told me that at that years AGM they had voted to increase the debt to £40 million so they could win the champions league.

When I pointed out that unlike abramovich, who wrote off Chelsea’s debt every year, Romanov wasn’t spending £40 million, he was piling debt onto the club, I was told I knew nothing about football finances.

Just goes to show us Hibees are forever in their shadow with our lack of knowledge on how to be a big team
    Mental isn't it? Our family yam was firmly in the camp that they were lending it to themselves and the limit was only Vlads personal wealth which he believed were in billions rather than millions.

Using just their own money has never been part of his thinking and as a DD canceller he isn't that keen on them using his either.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    A couple of Jambos at work were telling me that thwy helped fund the development work at Herriot Watt to the tune of £2.5m and in return they got a 25 year lease. I didnt know this
    They renaged on that joint plan at the last minute. SMG invested £6-7M in Hearts with the understanding that a portion would be invested in Riccarton. They spent they lot on three players and pulled out of the training centre investment. Part of the £19M debt the pieman left them was the repayment to SMG. If they invested that sum why would they be paying rent?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kato; 19-02-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

They won’t move from HW because it’s a great deal for them. They pay less a year than it costs us to maintain East Mains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Another yam myth to make themselves sound bigger and better than they are.

Quote below from The Scotsman at the time re funding. If Hearts had paid any money their pals in the Edinburgh press would have had it on the front page.

"Oriam is proving itself in its debut year after costing £33 million, with the Scottish Government contributing £25m, and the remainder coming from sportscotland, Edinburgh City Council and Heriot-Watt University."

Sir Matt Busby