hibs.net Messageboard

Page 111 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 16724
    Guess there will be a civic reception today where Pele will hand over the Jules remit trophy to hearts for yesterday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with this. I don’t think they will catch us but they will climb a few places. I do think them being horrifically bad has distracted folk slightly from the fact that we’ve been underperforming, however funny it’s been laughing at them.
    ....and we might still get a giggle. I've said before, beating the huns at the pigsty is one thing....but are they up for a dogfight against the teams they really HAVE to take something from to stay up? Jury still out....
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

The high press is easier to achieve and harder for opposition to exploit when you are playing on a pitch that is 10% smaller than everyone else's. Lets see how they get on playing the same game away from home when the opposition have more space to exploit before we decide they're safe. They've 10 games left before the split with 6 of them being away from home, including games at Celtic, Livi, us and Aberdeen, it's not going to be easy.

I think they'll have enough to get out of trouble, but it's not going to be easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The high press is easier to achieve and harder for opposition to exploit when you are playing on a pitch that is 10% smaller than everyone else's. Lets see how they get on playing the same game away from home when the opposition have more space to exploit before we decide they're safe. They've 10 games left before the split with 6 of them being away from home, including games at Celtic, Livi, us and Aberdeen, it's not going to be easy.

I think they'll have enough to get out of trouble, but it's not going to be easy for them.
    In the last week they have reduced the deficit from5 to 1 in 2 games which suggests they will be fine and have improved

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The huns were as bad as I have seen them in the last couple of years yesterday.

They also had 3 glorious chances before they eventually scored so the result could have been entirely different.
    In saying that fair play to the maroon flumps, what they lacked in ability they more than made up for in effort.

Blog Entries
    Minutes after the game, the muppets on Sportsound were singing their praises ( fair enough ) when one of them, kind of tongue in cheek, suggested that a European place is back on for them. They had a few embarrassed, nervous giggles, but one of them, it might have been Billy Dodds, got a bit serious and said that if they keep up that standard of performance, they could still get 4th place.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The 2008 champions league win is back on.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    DVD announcement any time now

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Do you think so? I thought he hit it straight at the keeper. It was the deflection that took it into the net.

I'm not convinced.
    I was impressed by the way he made space to get the shot away.

Fair play to them for winning yesterday. When we played the rangers it was ****ing horrific!! Whether they've turned a corner is another thing. Naismith will no doubt be injured again. If that comes just before the split they would struggle.

Yesterday was undoubtedly a good result for them however their pressing game left them exposed at the back and it took some last ditch defending to prevent Rangers scoring. As good as Defoe is, he's 37 and has lost some pace which helped Hearts get back and block in time. Continue to play like that and they will concede quite a lot of goals.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post

They won’t be able to high press their direct relegation brothers who will be shelling it long.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Guess there will be a civic reception today where Pele will hand over the Jules remit trophy to hearts for yesterday.

Was going to happen but Hearts rejected the civic option and insisted on full military honours with a marching band. Pele jetted in to Edinburgh and left kicking his heels and telling the usual anecdotes in the hotel bar.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nsic-analysis/

Hahahaha WTF is going on?!?!?! They're hardly Barca and now we're getting all the 'forensic analysis' GIE IT A REST!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nsic-analysis/

Hahahaha WTF is going on?!?!?! They're hardly Barca and now we're getting all the 'forensic analysis' GIE IT A REST!
    The Telegraph Journo’s name is interestingly appropriate.

Dont worry normal service will resume when st johnstone beat them!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Have to say, I found that really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Suddenly football is an acceptable topic of conversation in work today, I think Liam Boyce is a decent signing, but why has he been plying his trade at Burton Albion? If he's as good as they make out wouldn't he be knocking them in at Stoke for example?
    Not the first time a player has had success in Scotland then mediocrity in England, and vice versa

Left by mutual consent!
    Craig Gordon seemingly on his way back to Hearts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51292636

I always thought he was a bit overrated (the £9 million move to Sunderland was insane - though not as insane as the way Mad Vlad squandered the cash) and a bit of a big feardie for a guy of his size. However, what I'm wondering is where is the money coming from for what would surely be another big wage to fund at Tynie?

With guys like Levein (presumably on a very hefty salary) and most of his coaching team still drawing a wage along with players like Berra (not to mention the untold millions still being ploughed into the white elephant of a new stand), I'm rather baffled by the way money is being thrown around to such an extent. But then I guess they've wasted millions on dozens of duds throughout the Levein era so I can only guess Budge is content to just keep bankrolling whatever is deemed necessary to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Well I watched most of that game more out of curiosity than anything else, hard to watch when you want both teams to lose. I am struggling to remember when I have seen such a poor game of football, where the ball has spent more time in the air than on the ground. Sevco were pretty mince and with a small centre forward they kept trying to lump the ball in the air. The diet huns were no much better but got in about them with the two new signings looking useful. They may just avoid the play-offs now. The huns were stendelled and The messiah that is s. Geeee have ****ed it up once more. it now looks like the other cheek will roll on to another title.

The diets will be telling us now that they are heading for Europe.
    Oops almost forgot **** the hertz
    The St Mirren v Dons game was worse.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

I always thought he was a bit overrated (the £9 million move to Sunderland was insane - though not as insane as the way Mad Vlad squandered the cash) and a bit of a big feardie for a guy of his size. However, what I'm wondering is where is the money coming from for what would surely be another big wage to fund at Tynie?

With guys like Levein (presumably on a very hefty salary) and most of his coaching team still drawing a wage along with players like Berra (not to mention the untold millions still being ploughed into the white elephant of a new stand), I'm rather baffled by the way money is being thrown around to such an extent. But then I guess they've wasted millions on dozens of duds throughout the Levein era so I can only guess Budge is content to just keep bankrolling whatever is deemed necessary to avoid relegation.
    Celtc have knocked back their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Celtc have knocked back their approach.
    Surprising. He's 3rd choice at the moment

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

Lenny hates the Hearts and wants to make them sweat.

Craig Gordon trying to be a sweeper keeper under Stendel is a disaster waiting to happen. Hes dodgy with his feet and numerous times at celtic he made a hash of it.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Craig Gordon trying to be a sweeper keeper under Stendel is a disaster waiting to happen. Hes dodgy with his feet and numerous times at celtic he made a hash of it.
    Doesn’t like coming off his line for crosses either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough

Celtic would be insane to let Craig Gordon go! I think Bain is injured and they need decent back up for Forster, they could get another goalie but at least they would know what they are getting with Gordon. Absolute madness to risk another goalie

There are a small band of posters who are obsessed with the Gorgie finances, who cares! We're in a different league, and literally will be when the split comes along! (Although I'd love more comms from Ron!), we are as stable as we have ever been.

They are obsessed with the SevCo fiances and that's cringy enough!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He is 2nd choice. Was on the bench for their last 3 games at least.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    If the Tennants Sixes was still on, Herts could enter a team of goalies.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Was going to happen but Hearts rejected the civic option and insisted on full military honours with a marching band. Pele jetted in to Edinburgh and left kicking his heels and telling the usual anecdotes in the hotel bar.
    "people ask me if I am better than Maradona, or Messi or Ronaldo or Cruyff, Zidane and Garrincha. I tell them, Christian Doidge was better than all of us".