hibs.net Messageboard

Page 102 of 558 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 16724
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was listening to Adam Davies, Barnsley's ex keeper now at Stoke, talking about Stendel. Everything he does is about the high press, so the keeper is a sweeper, in training the keepers practice with the outfielders all the time, he played guys who were naturally midfielders in defence, and only brought in players who were athletically powerful and could press for the whole 90 mins. It's the most un-Berra way of playing imaginable so you can understand why he was straight out the door.

It's kind of like Bielsa's Leeds, but without the actual winning games or being nice to watch part.
    I'm still pissin myself every time I hear 'High-press' and 'Hearts' in the same sentence - when 'Hoof-ball' has been king for years you don't turn into a football-team overnight !

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I was listening to Adam Davies, Barnsley's ex keeper now at Stoke, talking about Stendel. Everything he does is about the high press, so the keeper is a sweeper, in training the keepers practice with the outfielders all the time, he played guys who were naturally midfielders in defence, and only brought in players who were athletically powerful and could press for the whole 90 mins. It's the most un-Berra way of playing imaginable so you can understand why he was straight out the door.

It's kind of like Bielsa's Leeds, but without the actual winning games or being nice to watch part.
    That’s good to hear, cos it won’t ****ing work in the championship either. How do you high press a team who want you to have the ball and sit in their own penalty box?

It might be the making of Uche, I could see him getting 5 or 6 goals down there.

I don't think Hearts are, by any means, doomed at this point (though I would love it to be the case).

However, what's struck me most is the absolute unearned confidence that a large % of their fans have. It seems to be a case of when, not if, they put together a string of wins to take them far away from danger and even up into the top half.

The fans seem totally convinced that Stendel is the messiah and, for all we know, they might end up being proved right. But there's going to be a lot of egg on faces if he can't rescue them from this one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It's also quite telling that the BBC 'highlights' omitted to show Naismith's embarassing dive when trying to cheat a penalty - and his subsequent filling of his pants when the County defender got a hold of him !!
    It's included here but I couldn't see if it was a foul or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I don't think Hearts are, by any means, doomed at this point (though I would love it to be the case).

However, what's struck me most is the absolute unearned confidence that a large % of their fans have. It seems to be a case of when, not if, they put together a string of wins to take them far away from danger and even up into the top half.

The fans seem totally convinced that Stendel is the messiah and, for all we know, they might end up being proved right. But there's going to be a lot of egg on faces if he can't rescue them from this one.
    I often feel Hibs fans are more realistic/pessimistic than the pink scarf twirlers. If we were 4 points adrift with no wins in our last 10 and a game against Sevco at the weekend it would be sheer panic on here. They seem fairly confident of a win. I don't know if it's denial or delusion but the penny doesn't seem to have dropped yet over there.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    2 points from those 4 games means it's 4 points out of 30 for Stendel in his first 10 games. The relegation form continues. Will really miss the derbies for a season if they go down. Can live with it though.
    They were dreadful. How they can be confident of escaping beats me. Hamilton always seem to get a result when they need it and st johnstone I'm sure will pull clear. Ross county should have won it as they had two cracking chances to score. I think it will come down to the games after the split and as they will have three away and two at home unless they improve away from home then they are down.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    2 points from those 4 games means it's 4 points out of 30 for Stendel in his first 10 games. The relegation form continues. Will really miss the derbies for a season if they go down. Can live with it though.
    For a messiah he sure can't win games.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    For a messiah he sure can't win games.
    Drawing is the new winning in yamland, so long as their gugens are being pressed they're happy.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Looks a good bet they’ll go down now.
    They’ll not be wanting St Mirren or St Johnstone to go down with them as they could end up staying down a while.

Hearts are 12/5 (favourites) to finish bottom now with William Hill. The bookies are rarely wrong

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts are 12/5 (favourites) to finish bottom now with William Hill. The bookies are rarely wrong
    Yes they are astute. Look at form. Structure of club and what changes it is going through.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm still pissin myself every time I hear 'High-press' and 'Hearts' in the same sentence - when 'Hoof-ball' has been king for years you don't turn into a football-team overnight !

Stendel is binning anyone who challenges him on this, and replacing them with kids who will do as he says without complaint.

An exception is being made for Naismith, obviously. Even Stendel seems to realise he is untouchable.

High stakes...

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looks like Boyce has signed for them. Proven goalscorer at this level and could help keep them up. I’m still nowhere near convinced they’ll be going down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Awful price before. And now they’ve signed a proven scorer, even worse. They’re not going to finish below Hamilton and St Mirren.

Can posters please take a few moments to engage their brains before posting.

There have been a few posts deleted, warnings issued and so on because of this thread in recent days. It shouldn't need saying but we won't be providing a platform for jokes about nazis, people's addictions and other distasteful nonsense.

@hibs.net private member
    Boyce signing may well just save them. I hope we were in for him at £150k. Maybe he yams chucked stupid wages at him to save their bacon though

Boyce will be another player to miraculously become pish in a maroon shirt. Tynecastle is the taker of souls

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Boyce signing may well just save them. I hope we were in for him at £150k. Maybe he yams chucked stupid wages at him to save their bacon though

Maybe ?? - it's what they do, it's in their DNA - just as it is usually 'Other People's Money' that they bravely gamble with !

They could sign Messi and i wouldnt put a penny on them staying up.

For those ripping the tap aff it about Boyce signing for them can you please advise when we are going to hear the Champions League music at Tynecastle?

FFS, they are 10 games without a win in the league.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Their problems are bigger than Liam Boyce signing can solve. It's a signing like Billy McKay or Stevie May. Meh.

They've spent way over the odds to get him because they are desperate. He'll get a few goals but that's not a season-saving signing.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Strange move for Boyce, you'd think he'd have better offers on the table. Levein must have given the HWU ladies' basketball team a back hander to stay out of the way while he was doing 'the tour'...

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Their problems are bigger than Liam Boyce signing can solve. It's a signing like Billy McKay or Stevie May. Meh.

They've spent way over the odds to get him because they are desperate. He'll get a few goals but that's not a season-saving signing.
    No mo mate, you have got it all wrong....we have to go out our way to be fawning all over their latest signing whilst at the same time panic over a story where someone MIGHT be interested in one of our players. The negativity on here is astounding sometimes.....14 points ahead of them!!! We were on the same points when we sacked our respective managers....thats the reality.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    No mo mate, you have got it all wrong....we have to go out our way to be fawning all over their latest signing whilst at the same time panic over a story where someone MIGHT be interested in one of our players. The negativity on here is astounding sometimes.....14 points ahead of them!!! We were on the same points when we sacked our respective managers....thats the reality.
    Aye this. If looking back at the transfer thread last summer, you had the usual suspects on here creaming themselves over Hearts signings. Washington, Halkett, Damour etc. To a man pish.

His goal scoring record for Burton dropped quite a bit from his Ross county days. A lot of his reputation up here is based on his exploits up here but that was three years and a ACL injury ago. He might find goals harder to come by in a struggling yam team. Here’s hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Well signing Boyce is another £0.5m poorer for the benefactor in 2020. Signing a goal scorer is pointless if they have no-one in midfield to actually get the ball to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They need someone to create chances. Liam Boyce isn’t that guy. As it stands they don’t create anything, he won’t change that.

Proven goal scorers aren’t easy to attract and Boyce is one. Would definitely have taken him and think he would have done well with us. Whether he does well at Hearts is another matter, maybe a good signing for them - time will tell.

Do Donis can score in the cities and Boyce in the town'. God save us

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

That’s the way I see it. It’s going to be an all mighty struggle for them from here on in. Let’s get the popcorn oot. 😂😂