hibs.net Messageboard

Page 546 of 558 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556 ... LastLast
Results 16,351 to 16,380 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's a wee quiz... and this thread seems as good a place as any to post it.

Can you identify the lower league team by their nickname
    23/30 there wasn’t enough time for my slow typing.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's in alphabetical order [rolling on floor emoji]. I know them all anyway, but at least make it remotely challenging! Ken it's no your quiz, Mr M :-)

Someone needs to set up a crowd funding page to buy Brechin a better nickname, surely 'City' is just their club name? Doesn't count.

First Team Breakthrough

The one with the big question mark in the middle is definitely the M8 alliance

I see that Hearts are live on the BBC Scotland Channel again this week. I assume that they are will be on every Friday until the lockdown ends.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I see that Hearts are live on the BBC Scotland Channel again this week. I assume that they are will be on every Friday until the lockdown ends.
    BBC are signed up to cover every game until Hearts are not given their usual penalty then they might cover someone else.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I can only imagine every game on the BBC will be a credit towards their season tickets next year.

Budgie will be ragin' that English has allowed this to happen.
    Space to let

I’m happy to watch any football on the BBC. Especially Hearts as it gives people the privilege of watching how poor they are for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    It's in alphabetical order [rolling on floor emoji]. I know them all anyway, but at least make it remotely challenging! Ken it's no your quiz, Mr M :-)

Sorry!

Arbroath v Hearts on a rainy Friday night? I'll pass

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I’m happy to watch any football on the BBC. Especially Hearts as it gives people the privilege of watching how poor they are for free.

yeah that was a poor start for them against their nearest challengers i didn't watch it but six goals aint too shabby

**** the hertz

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    For the first time in my life I thought I saw decent football produced by a hearts team last Friday night. The ball spent more time on the ground than in the sky, they were quick and their passing was crisp and accurate. We have every reason not to be complacent when it comes to the semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    For the first time in my life I thought I saw decent football produced by a hearts team last Friday night. The ball spent more time on the ground than in the sky, they were quick and their passing was crisp and accurate. We have every reason not to be complacent when it comes to the semifinals.
    Are Arbroath allowed to compete and tackle on Friday or is it non contact like Dundee?

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post

That's because their current manager has a whole different philosophy on football compared to Craig Levein.

He did really well in his last stint at Tynecastle and it was only their total obsession with beating Hibs that turned a lot of their support against him.

That's because their current manager has a whole different philosophy on football compared to Craig Levein.

He did really well in his last stint at Tynecastle and it was only their total obsession with beating Hibs that turned a lot of their support against him.
    I thought Stendel was practically Juergen Klopp and was the right man for the job ? Have they settled the compensation for employing him yet ?

Testimonial Due
    I saw some bits and pieces of the Hearts v Dundee game. I thought Hearts looked decent and played some proper football which is unusual for that club. How good they are, though, is anyone's guess because Dundee were absolutely woeful.

Worth remembering that Hearts are way ahead of Dundee in fitness and match sharpness due to starting pre season much earlier

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Worth remembering that Hearts are way ahead of Dundee in fitness and match sharpness due to starting pre season much earlier
    That can't be argued with, though to be fair (because we are Hibs), it shouldn't detract from some of the good stuff they played or the quality of some of their goals in that match.

We take the semi-final lightly at our peril.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    That can't be argued with, though to be fair (because we are Hibs), it shouldn't detract from some of the good stuff they played or the quality of some of their goals in that match.

We take the semi-final lightly at our peril.
    Yep. Hearts' performance on Friday was disappointing, even with Dundee being awful. Can't see anything other than a repeat at Arbroath, so I'll give that a miss. It will be very true for once though to say they won't have played anyone challenging before the semi. Let's let them get carried away meantime.

Testimonial Due
    The one group of people who rate Hearts as much as Hearts fans do is a certain section of the Hibs support. I’m forever reading how good a side they are on here.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Yep. Hearts' performance on Friday was disappointing, even with Dundee being awful. Can't see anything other than a repeat at Arbroath, so I'll give that a miss. It will be very true for once though to say they won't have played anyone challenging before the semi. Let's let them get carried away meantime.
    I'll still be worried though.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    The one group of people who rate Hearts as much as Hearts fans do is a certain section of the Hibs support. I’m forever reading how good a side they are on here.

All I've seen so far are some comments warning people that some of the earlier optimism (there was talk of Hibs annihilating them) was ill-founded, as Hearts aren't as bad as some people think.

I've been going to Hibs games for 40 years and learned to never take anything for granted.

One things for certain is that we'll have to be on top of our game when we play them. I'm certain JR will have it no other way. There's no danger they're better than us and if we are on top form we should have the measure of them. It won't be easy but we should edge it or win just about comfortably enough. The biggest danger is if we encounter a mad jambo ref in the form of a Craig Thomson wannabe like Craig Napier who gives them penalties after clearly hitting off the opposition players back.

Them pumping Dundee has probably done us a massive favour. I don't want us thinking we just have to show up to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Them pumping Dundee has probably done us a massive favour. I don't want us thinking we just have to show up to win.
    Was thinking that too. Hearts will be fired up for the Semi. In their arrogance, they'll already have the Championship wrapped up and will be salivating at the thought of not only beating Hibs but then taking on Celtic / Aberdeen to win the Cup. They will be dragging along their sense of "injustice", so Hibs need to be just as determined on the day. Anything less will see Hearts into the Final.

It seems Hearts have won the Championship even faster than they won the Premier League last season.

@hibs.net private member
    We have to remember they get at least one penalty pretty much every game. That right winger of there's looks like he's got a rocket up his arse and seems pretty decent. They'll have the same tactics as usual. Hit the deck as often as possible to win free kicks and load up the box with the big guys. We can't give away needless silly fouls around the box.

Scotland Women are playing Albania in a Euros qualifier at the same time on Alba, a far more important game than Hearts vs Arbroath. So I'll be watching that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyle is starting either.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Scotland Women are playing Albania in a Euros qualifier at the same time on Alba, a far more important game than Hearts vs Arbroath. So I'll be watching that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyle is starting either.
    I thought Martin 🐿 played for Australia