hibs.net Messageboard

Page 92 of 558 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 16724
    Among the more deluded of them, of which there are many, is the thought that third place isn’t out of reach and the Scottish Cup in the bag. I think they’ll lose on Wednesday night.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    They’ve got far too carried away beating crap like Airdrie. But they always do when they win.

But they won’t be as bad as people on here think. There’s not a chance they get relegated.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’ve got far too carried away beating crap like Airdrie. But they always do when they win.

But they won’t be as bad as people on here think. There’s not a chance they get relegated.
    Not a chance?

Lose to Ross County on Wednesday and they could be 6 points behind St Mirren with a game against Rangers at the weekend.

They might get relegated, they might not, there’s definitely a chance it could happen though.

Their game against Ross County is huge and it’s not an easy game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watch the draw tomorrow. They'll get their obligatory easy 5th round tie. Always.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Watch the draw tomorrow. They'll get their obligatory easy 5th round tie. Always.

At home again too!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    At home again too!
    And it'll be the non league club they get.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Stendal - “We expected that result” keeping it classy.
    Seriously - he actually said that ??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Arrogant kraut. Mind you, after his less than mediocre start, I don’t grudge him 5 minutes of glory. .

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Arrogant kraut. Mind you, after his less than mediocre start, I don’t grudge him 5 minutes of glory. .

I'd begrudge it - no matter at what level you should always show a bit respect for the opposition !. If he's genuinely said that then it at least shows that Hearts got the right man for the job - an arrogant, disrespectful ****wad that just continues their tradition of having arrogant, disrespectful ****wads for their managers !

They are massively dependent on Naismith and if he gets injured as is likely they will toil.

Predictions:
    They won't get into the top 6 but they won't get relegated.
    They will struggle away to Ross County midweek and will then lose to Rangers.

If Naismith is still standing at that point they will then start getting a few wins and catch up with the relegation pack.
    At the end of the season the best they can hope for is 7th and that is if Naismith remains fit.
    However, they will be finishing lower than Hibs in the league for the 3rd season in a row which will be painful for them.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-01-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    They are massively dependent on Naismith and if he gets injured as is likely they will toil.

Predictions:

If Naismith is still standing at that point they will then start getting a few wins and catch up with the relegation pack.
    At the end of the season the best they can hope for is 7th and that is if Naismith remains fit.
    However, they will be finishing lower than Hibs in the league for the 3rd season in a row which will be painful for them.
    Really bold predictions there mate...

Testimonial Due
    Stendal - “We expected that result” keeping it classy.
    What a clown, he’ll fit right in with the deluded with that sort of arrogant attitude. It’s only a short step from the above to:

“We expected that result as after all we are the famous. We are also the 3rd force in Scotland and the only club capable of splitting the Old Firm. Of course we win, why not? Look at our stadium with its curtain of glass and piazza... Did you know we also sell chips? As history shows we also won the First World War single handed so of course we expect to win in honour of our hero status.”

Honestly they are the most deluded lot I I’ve ever come across but it’s not just their cardigan wearing support, the whole ethos of delusion seeps down from the owner to every single person connected with the club.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I dont have any real problem in Stendel saying that he anticipated beating Airdrie - it is entirely the expected result, given their respective leagues regardless of Hearts position.

You also have to remember its not his native language, and if I was asked to comment on a result in German I would probably be able to ask for a beer and a hotdog.

It doesnt really matter what they do in the cup (they aint winning it), for them, league safety is all that counts.

Hamilton would have beaten Airdrie at home convincingly also.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Hearts manager Daniel Stendel: "It was what we expected of our performance. It was good and we had even more chances.

I notice that the words ‘of our performance’ have been added since the last time I read the report �� Yesterday after the match it was just what I had previously posted.
    Last edited by Hibby Kay-Yay; 19-01-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

I agree no chance they will go down if they keep Naismith and Soapy Souttar fit for rest of season. They arent as good as their Fans think but they arent as bad as some make out on here neither. They will finish 9th or 10th imo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I agree no chance they will go down if they keep Naismith and Soapy Souttar fit for rest of season. They arent as good as their Fans think but they arent as bad as some make out on here neither. They will finish 9th or 10th imo
    They were a lot better than I had hoped, and it just shows you how terrible a manager Levein is that all it took was to play youngsters alongside experienced players.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    They were a lot better than I had hoped, and it just shows you how terrible a manager Levein is that all it took was to play youngsters alongside experienced players.
    Against a part time League 1 team, let’s keep some perspective on that result. Best to judge how that team perform against SPL clubs that have something to fight for.

Blog Entries
    I'd begrudge it - no matter at what level you should always show a bit respect for the opposition !. If he's genuinely said that then it at least shows that Hearts got the right man for the job - an arrogant, disrespectful ****wad that just continues their tradition of having arrogant, disrespectful ****wads for their managers !
    If they fall at every hurdle and, let’s face it, that’s almost what they’ve done for months on end, they become a meaningless nonentity and our present dominance over them becomes irrelevant. Feed them a few crumbs and keep their juices flowing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Against a part time League 1 team, let’s keep some perspective on that result. Best to judge how that team perform against SPL clubs that have something to fight for.
    I agree, but they at least did an impression of a football team yesterday. A result like that is what you are after if you have been playing garbage for months

What will be interesting is whether the senior pros are really up for a fight. Players getting injured before they even start suggests a "sod this for a game of soldiers" attitude, which can only be pleasing to those of us looking in.

Predictions:

Said almost exactly the same thing to a mate on Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Not So Young View Post
    Said almost exactly the same thing to a mate on Friday night
    All the teams from 5th down in the SPFL, other than Hibs (who littered points everywhere from winning positions under Hecky), are easily beatable so if Hearts play even reasonably well they can pick up lots of points between now and the end of the season.

All the teams from 5th down in the SPFL, other than Hibs (who littered points everywhere from winning positions under Hecky), are easily beatable so if Hearts play even reasonably well they can pick up lots of points between now and the end of the season.
    No they won't.

Hickey and Michael Smith likely to be out for their game away to Ross County on Wednesday. That could be massive for them.

I don’t think even the Jambos I’ve spoken to appreciate how big a game it is for them. Not so much because of they could go 6-8 points clear at the bottom, more that they play Rangers at the weekend while Hamilton are at home to Livi.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Hickey and Michael Smith likely to be out for their game away to Ross County on Wednesday. That could be massive for them.

I don’t think even the Jambos I’ve spoken to appreciate how big a game it is for them. Not so much because of they could go 6-8 points clear at the bottom, more that they play Rangers at the weekend while Hamilton are at home to Livi.
    The ones I know are taking it for granted they’ll get 3 points following their display against the mighty Airdrie.

I really do hope County beat them and they then go on to get pumped off Newco.

Crashing right back down to earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made the Scottish cup final last season while still barely winning any games of football in the league. Wednesday night is still huge for them.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Saving grace for Hearts is that the lower half of the league table is quite tight. Any club from 5th downwards (including us) could conceivably still get sucked into a relegation battle.

However, the facts are that we are now past the halfway stage in the campaign and Hearts are 5 points adrift. So they need two additional wins before they can then worry about out-performing other clubs round about them to get out of trouble.

I am sure they will be treating relegation seriously... at least, they should be.

A few jambos seem to think the Kosovan winger (Avdijaj?) has flown in to have talks today.

looking forward to him being rushed in, Levein-style, for wednesday up in Dingwall, tweaking a hammy on a freezing cold night at Victoria Park, and being out for 3 months of his 5 month deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    The ones I know are taking it for granted they’ll get 3 points following their display against the mighty Airdrie.

I really do hope County beat them and they then go on to get pumped off Newco.

Crashing right back down to earth.

Yup, now they’ve got some injured players coming back all will be fine. It might end up being the case but I wouldn’t be that relaxed if i was them.

Win on Wednesday night and they’re still bottom regardless of what happens elsewhere. Lose to rangers at the weekend and they could be back to square one again.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Yup, now they’ve got some injured players coming back all will be fine. It might end up being the case but I wouldn’t be that relaxed if i was them.

Win on Wednesday night and they’re still bottom regardless of what happens elsewhere. Lose to rangers at the weekend and they could be back to square one again.
    Needs however those coming back are made of weetabix.

Wednesday is huge for them but they seem relaxed and also genuinely think they can still challenge at the top end of the table if the go on a good run. Delusions of grandeur big time!