hibs.net Messageboard

Page 427 of 558 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,810 of 16724
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to know when she showed empathy. When 5 minutes after football was stopped she gave the players an ultimatum of 50% pay cut or you're binned? Or when she point blank refused to consider deferment yet they were actively searching for replacements saying they'd have money to spend on transfer fees?

Maybe it was when she put forward a reconstruction proposal which would save her own club but at the same time would shaft many others. Or when trying to capitlise on the growing concern of other clubs around their own survival by switching the reason for the proposed reconstruction from being all about "righting a wrong" to actually it shouldn't be looked upon as that. It should be looked upon it being about how it will save Scottish football (which it doesn't), while it is actually just saying put Hearts in the Premiership and the other leagues should sort themselves out.

The empathy could be in the offer of paying for clubs' testing (though it actually said paying for testing equipment, so could just be the £36k machine and not necessarily the ongoing costs) which is only on offer if clubs agree to their demand to put them in the Premiership. The implied reason for the offer being withdrawn if they are in the Championship is because they won't be able to afford it ("Hearts not being in the Premier League at this time would seriously limit our ability to help Scottish Football"), yet at the same time they boast about increased donations and renewed benefactor support.

Perhaps the empathy is in the threats of legal action and preventing football from restarting as well as implying that clubs will go out of business as a result.

Maybe I should just accept that I'm not capable of detecting empathy.
    5-1, FTH, Gorgie rules etc.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I'd like to know when she showed empathy. When 5 minutes after football was stopped she gave the players an ultimatum of 50% pay cut or you're binned? Or when she point blank refused to consider deferment yet they were actively searching for replacements saying they'd have money to spend on transfer fees?

Maybe it was when she put forward a reconstruction proposal which would save her own club but at the same time would shaft many others. Or when trying to capitlise on the growing concern of other clubs around their own survival by switching the reason for the proposed reconstruction from being all about "righting a wrong" to actually it shouldn't be looked upon as that. It should be looked upon it being about how it will save Scottish football (which it doesn't), while it is actually just saying put Hearts in the Premiership and the other leagues should sort themselves out.

The empathy could be in the offer of paying for clubs' testing (though it actually said paying for testing equipment, so could just be the £36k machine and not necessarily the ongoing costs) which is only on offer if clubs agree to their demand to put them in the Premiership. The implied reason for the offer being withdrawn if they are in the Championship is because they won't be able to afford it ("Hearts not being in the Premier League at this time would seriously limit our ability to help Scottish Football"), yet at the same time they boast about increased donations and renewed benefactor support.

Perhaps the empathy is in the threats of legal action and preventing football from restarting as well as implying that clubs will go out of business as a result.

Well said and absolutely spot on

First Team Breakthrough

Think I might print this out and hand it to anyone who doesn’t understand why they deserve everything they get in terms of relegation, financial trouble etc. Great post

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Who knows what the stand will be worth when it's finished, I can see it becoming a major tourist attraction when it gets it's World Heritage Site listing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

More likely UNESCO will take away Edinburgh’s world heritage site status unless that munter is pulled down.

EDIT: No part of the new main stand is visible from the Old Town, or vice versa, so it’s ok.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff

100% the best post I have seen about them. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with certain Jambo acquaintances

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    To have built a £20m stand, add that value to your balance sheet last year & yet have total assets of £17.5m takes some doing!!
    Nice point.

To have £6.3m of cash sent to your brother capitalised in the accounts without being questioned by the fans is also a major achievement.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=jacomo;6188439

EDIT: No part of the new main stand is visible from the Old Town, or vice versa, so it’s ok.[/QUOTE]

So, does that mean that we can expect a 'Heritage Site View' lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    So, does that mean that we can expect a 'Heritage Site View' lounge?

I think they should rename it the Champions Lounge. A place to relax after taking in a Championship fixture.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    New SPFL premiership league sponsor is
    “Save the Hearts”

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Another completely different roll of the dice from her today with the introduction of this mystery cash from her philanthropist pals. Sounds like it was being offered previously but only if it was guaranteed Hearts stay in the top league. Now it’s “no strings attached”.

If they are up for funding the lower leagues I’m all for it. Bin reconstruction, keep the leagues as they are and play on. Hearts can suffer their year in the championship and come back up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Another completely different roll of the dice from her today with the introduction of this mystery cash from her philanthropist pals. Sounds like it was being offered previously but only if it was guaranteed Hearts stay in the top league. Now it’s “no strings attached”.

If they are up for funding the lower leagues I’m all for it. Bin reconstruction, keep the leagues as they are and play on. Hearts can suffer their year in the championship and come back up next season.
    I’m not fooled by it. Given her recent rambles she is definitely after something from this. She was to be seen as the person that saved Scottish Football because she’s made a right Mike Hunt of everything else.

If I was the SPFL etc I’d be very wary of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Budge: more faces than Big Ben.

I’m not sure many other chairman trust her, which is hardly surprising.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent - the "Karma" guy has spoken - we all know how when his St. Mirren post went lol

gashauskis9
    The Doyen of drivel
    gashauskis9
    Paid Member_10

11,502 posts
    Donor
    Posted 17 hours ago
    The rags are getting desperate now with this SFA chat. As if we’d be going down that route knowing there’s a chance of complete expulsion. The contempt they have for us has no bounds. Take it as a c

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    An absolute beauty by some muppet on Kickback:

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:
    I guess the money could be offered with no strings attached but pulled if we don’t get put back in the SPL

I’m guessing his carer let him use the laptop all on his own today.

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    Nice point.

To have £6.3m of cash sent to your brother capitalised in the accounts without being questioned by the fans is also a major achievement.
    Sportsound earlier it was mentioned the 'philanthropists' have already put in £9m - is this legal? Was there not a stooshie about Dundee accepting money a few seasons back with no clear idea where it was coming from - what if this cash is Romanian drug money or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post

I guess the money could be offered with no strings attached but pulled if we don’t get put back in the SPL

At least hes admitted they're already doon.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

Just a tad of a contradiction without a hint of irony
    Kids, don’t drink and type

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds like Budge has gone out on a limb when put on the spot during the radio interview and said that the philanthropists donation to the lower leagues comes with 'no strings attached.'

Not sure any of her benefactors would have offered millions unless it guaranteed Hearts staying in the Premiership and she's going to end up losing what credibility she has left when her club is relegated and the millionaires renege on their donations.

No it was his mum that typed it for him

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar

Thus spake the man/woman(etc.) who deserves to be the next Prime/First Minister. Glorious Glorious!

@hibs.net private member
    There's certainly one thing that Budge has been very successful at with all this talk of reconstruction and legal action. She's managed to take the spotlight off how utterly incompetent she has been at running a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    100% the best post I have seen about them. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with certain Jambo acquaintances

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Feel free (I am feeling philanthropic). 😉

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    With all these Hearts connected benefactors queueing up to shell out millions unconditionally you'd think they'd surely chuck Hearts a few quid so they can finally finally finish off the stand and maybe get better umbrellas for the alfresco press "suite".

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

That sounds fine to me. Put them in the SPL. Everyone else plays in the SPFL. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I’m not fooled by it. Given her recent rambles she is definitely after something from this. She was to be seen as the person that saved Scottish Football because she’s made a right Mike Hunt of everything else.

If I was the SPFL etc I’d be very wary of this

Exactly mate There is no such thing as a Free Lunch , as the saying goes

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Exactly mate There is no such thing as a Free Lunch , as the saying goes

Indeed Ronnie.

Desperate times mean desperate measures.

I do however believe Doncaster and co have this covered!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Box 17 View Post
    There's certainly one thing that Budge has been very successful at with all this talk of reconstruction and legal action. She's managed to take the spotlight off how utterly incompetent she has been at running a football club.
    Has she? I'd say she's highlighted it beyond all reasonable doubt.

Feel free (I am feeling philanthropic). 😉
    Great - how many millions will you donate to the lower leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Box 17 View Post
    This will be her legacy. The philanthropic donations has taken this story to an all new bizarre level

@hibs.net private member

What I don't get is this - why all this desperation? They are not getting liquidated, they have been relegated. It's not like the EPL where relegation could be fatal. They should be able to get back up at the first attempt or pretty soon after. So they were a little unlucky the way it happened and if we were in the same boat we would have had a moan and tried a trick or two but then like any other club (except them) we would have said, after a bit of a sulk,"it is what it is and we are where we are" and we would have begun making plans to win the Championship. Instead this classless institution have spent several months posturing, whining, threatening, conspiring then back to threatening and are now trying to buy their way back (although, true to form, it would not be with their own money). What a bunch of wallopers.