hibs.net Messageboard

Page 472 of 558 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,160 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't their top goalscorer last season Craig Halkett?
    Was it not Berra, with all thoes own goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Duncans keep yakking and Hibs get on with actually doing something.

It's a real worry that all these random jakeys are in actual fact accountants and financial analysts all of whom have access to the micro details of Hibs finances.

Do we throw the info into a wheelie bin outside the stadium daily as they seem to have new confidential information every day.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

It's in the minutes of every Hibs board meeting

Once said meeting is concluded and all financial transactions agreed on, the first thing is the Financial Director faxes Yakbak with 1st hand account of meeting, probably to that Zoomer Dazjamba or whatever he calls himself so he can put his ITK bullish*" to the believing, slavering followers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Berra fits the Neilson mould of shelling the ball into the flanks so no surprise there really.
    I do think they'll try and do what they did under him last time and bombard teams early, grab a goal and draw them out, having to play more forward than their game plan, giving more space to allow them chances to rack up decent scores.
    Tbh our biggest drawback in Championship under Stubbs was not getting defensive teams to come out from their rigid two banks of defense, Neilson does understand that but ultimately its not a long term solution imo.
    That said after their parting of the ways leading to poor outcomes for both I'd be surprised to see either of them hastily deciding to do the same again, will be funny to see hoofball struggling for the next 4yrs😁
    I think you are exactly right in terms of how Hearts will play in the Championship. They will be quick out of the trap and play high expecting teams will crack and they can be a couple of goals up after twenty minutes. It did work for them last time and defenders have to be strong to combat it but there are tactics that will wrong foot it and one of them is to counter attack with pace on the ground. If they resort to hoofball even a defender like Berra would be comfortable. The other point is that I'm not sure they have the quality to take advantage up front. Everything might depend on the first half dozen games in that league so we will know better in December...or will they be into January by then?

Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    I think you are exactly right in terms of how Hearts will play in the Championship. They will be quick out of the trap and play high expecting teams will crack and they can be a couple of goals up after twenty minutes. It did work for them last time and defenders have to be strong to combat it but there are tactics that will wrong foot it and one of them is to counter attack with pace on the ground. If they resort to hoofball even a defender like Berra would be comfortable. The other point is that I'm not sure they have the quality to take advantage up front. Everything might depend on the first half dozen games in that league so we will know better in December...or will they be into January by then?
    Yes, needs a couple of teams to fight fire with fire and attack them early, with their current squad and Berra back in the centre of defense they'll be weak with the fullbacks high up the pitch.
    Tbh they are too strong for that league really and Neilson has won it twice so I don't expect anything else unfortunately. Their true test is the transition to playing the top teams and hoofball is gradually becoming less effective. Albeit on normal sized pitches, its probably what's saving them yet also holding them back

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    it is a great point. I saw someone on Twitter say Nisbet wouldn’t have for a game - after all they have Uche, Washington et al. **** me - covid must give you memory loss.
    Their new tactic will be for Boyce to feed off Uche's attempts to trap the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    it is a great point. I saw someone on Twitter say Nisbet wouldn’t have for a game - after all they have Uche, Washington et al. **** me - covid must give you memory loss.
    It really is bizarre. Those players had them floundering four points adrift at the bottom of the league getting relegated by a mile. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be wanting their strikers emptied and someone like Nisbet brought in.
    Last edited by Since452; 11-07-2020 at 06:48 AM.

In the last couple of weeks Hearts sign Neilson and Gordon involving compensation and substancial wages.Not a word from the press about existing Hearts players having to take wage cuts,deferrals and being annoyed with an unsettled dressingroom.Yesterday Hibs sign Nesbit,Wright and Gogic which should be a good news story for Hibs.But no the Daily Mail leads with a story about potential player unrest voiced by Billy Hun Dodds.I am not paranoid but the press seem to me anti Hibs in everything we do.This should be a positive news morning for Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    And Neilson rates Berra according to his interview so will be good to see him back in the centre of their defence!! Hearts fans were absolutely delighted to see him kicked out, now he could be back.
    That's good news. If there was one thing Danny Boy got right it was emptying Berra asap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    In the last couple of weeks Hearts sign Neilson and Gordon involving compensation and substancial wages.Not a word from the press about existing Hearts players having to take wage cuts,deferrals and being annoyed with an unsettled dressingroom.Yesterday Hibs sign Nesbit,Wright and Gogic which should be a good news story for Hibs.But no the Daily Mail leads with a story about potential player unrest voiced by Billy Hun Dodds.I am not paranoid but the press seem to me anti Hibs in everything we do.This should be a positive news morning for Hibs.
    Ewan Murray at it too with the worlds most one sided journalism example. A ridiculously one sided narrative.

The only slight surprise was Tom English being slightly open minded about it on sportsound, admitting that none of the media know everything about how Hibs are restructuring. We'll see if that continues...

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It’s very weird, Aberdeen being linked with signing a striker this morning. Bet they don’t receive the same kind of coverage as we have yesterday/today.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    doesn’t bother me in the slightest! Our club, our players, our business! The rags lost my business decades ago and to underpin, I do not miss their utter keek reporting one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Ewan Murray at it too with the worlds most one sided journalism example. A ridiculously one sided narrative.

That guy's a total idiot and looks at everything through Maroon tinted glasses.

He went on about unfairness against Hearts and the incompetence of the SPFL but has not once mentioned Hearts unprofessional rants at everybody and anybody, threatening players to get them to take 50% pay cuts, the effect of Hearts action on other clubs (e.g. Dundee Utd & Raith Rovers) and the lunacy of demanding £8M in compensation.

I saw the mail article with Dodds comments. It was basically just reporting his thoughts from his past experience. He knows nothing about us though - the personalities, the chemistry in that dressing room. It was a poor piece imo but certainly fanned a few flames.

Yesterday's bbc podcast was a disgrace they way they bad mouthed Hibs for paying a fee for Nisbet despite not knowing any facts about how much or where the money came from

Exactly what I was thinking. Any chance to be negative about hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe time Hibs told us how many people are possibly losing their jobs .
    We could then defend ourselves?
    🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by penihibs View Post
    🇳🇬💚🇳🇬
    It would have been good had David Gray been able to speak on behalf of the squad to say an acceptable agreement had been reached everyone is content with and the players are behind the club and the New signings.

My work have made people redundant but are also investing in necessities that will help drive the business forward. It's how the world works unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by penihibs View Post
    🇳🇬💚🇳🇬
    There is a consultation ongoing with staff - Hibs have, correctly, said that there are a number of roles under review and made no further comment.

That doesnt mean that all of those roles will be going (iirc, if the number in the Sun headline were made redundant we would be left with about 8 staff outside the first team !!!) but it is the right way to go about things..............there are legal protections in place for staff.

Once the results of that review are known, Hibs will tell the staff involved and presumably that information will drip feed into the public domain.

We have no reason to defend ourselves from sensationalist headlines.

And I can guarantee you that Hibs wont be the last club removing roles and/or restructuring the non-playing part of the club.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    There is a consultation ongoing with staff - Hibs have, correctly, said that there are a number of roles under review and made no further comment.

That doesnt mean that all of those roles will be going (iirc, if the number in the Sun headline were made redundant we would be left with about 8 staff outside the first team !!!) but it is the right way to go about things..............there are legal protections in place for staff.

Once the results of that review are known, Hibs will tell the staff involved and presumably that information will drip feed into the public domain.

We have no reason to defend ourselves from sensationalist headlines.

And I can guarantee you that Hibs wont be the last club removing roles and/or restructuring the non-playing part of the club.
    Media just trying to stir up trouble. UK Employment law requires this consultation period which I think ends on 26 July before redundancies are made.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Media just trying to stir up trouble. UK Employment law requires this consultation period which I think ends on 26 July before redundancies are made.
    We started the consultation on the 15th June, and the minimum period before any action can be taken is 30 days.

I think we’ll hear what’s happening this coming week.

@hibs.net private member
    As fans we are hypocrites, if Hearts were making redundancies and signing players we would be having ago at them, we have over the pay cuts and signing Gordon. None of us want to hear about anyone losing their jobs but as hospitality and development football won’t be taking place anytime soon it’s not hard to see where savings can be made.

Football players are in a different world to the majority of us, our 1st team players will be on £1500-£3500 per week (roughly) asking someone one on £3k a week to take a cut of £300 for a year is not going to grab headlines like making non playing staff redundant even though we paid £250k for Nisbet.

Unfortunately, it’s not just football that’s facing a crisis, we are heading into economic meltdown with effects of Coronavirus followed by Brexit to come this year.

We all like good news stories about our club but Hibs being transparent and open with fans is bringing a level of scrutiny that other clubs don’t get. I don’t want people to lose their jobs but the sad fact about football is the results of the 1st is all that matters at every club.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    As fans we are hypocrites....

Agreed. It's what being a football fan is all about.

FWIW I'm disappointed we're making people redundant. The thing is, if it's people that literally have no job to do for the next year or so (like youth team coaches), I'm not sure what else the club could do... other than pay them to sit on their hands for 12 months

I honestly think that the club have decided to re-assess a lot of operations, football or non-football, and are basically starting from scratch.

We still have a lot of back office, ticketing and shop staff but I'm not sure you can justify employing people to do things like catering when we don't even know when there'll be any fans at games.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Agreed. It's what being a football fan is all about.

FWIW I'm disappointed we're making people redundant. The thing is, if it's people that literally have no job to do for the next year or so (like youth team coaches), I'm not sure what else the club could do... other than pay them to sit on their hands for 12 months

I honestly think that the club have decided to re-assess a lot of operations, football or non-football, and are basically starting from scratch.

We still have a lot of back office, ticketing and shop staff but I'm not sure you can justify employing people to do things like catering when we don't even know when there'll be any fans at games.
    I'd think that most of the youth coaches will be part time anyway, so those redundancies aren't as drastic as the term implies since they'll still have their main jobs elsewhere.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Not being all triumphalist - that's the Jambo way, and I add the caveat of those uncertain times - but the gap between the two clubs is looking very substantial now.

All credit to Hearts fans, they have bought into their own deluded sense of superiority, and put their money where their rabid mouths are. The post-Romanov regime has cynically gamed them to an unprecedented level and they've kept supporting it through the least encouraging of times. I have to admit that I was wrong, I thought they were just waiting to halt the direct debits but they've doubled down since the siege mentality efforts of the board, with this victim playing nonsense. They really have bought into this rubbish.

However, I think in the major recession that we're headed for, its going to be increasingly difficult for fans of any club to continue to back a side the way Hearts fans have, and for so little reward. I think when direct debit cancellations start to occur in numbers, we could see an avalanche.

Nothing against them personally, just saying.

From the sun

HEARTS have called a halt to their search for a new Sporting Director with the appointment set to be delayed until next year.

SunSport can reveal Jambos owner Ann Budge has now decided the position doesn’t need to be filled immediately with planned interviews put on the backburner

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    From the sun

HEARTS have called a halt to their search for a new Sporting Director with the appointment set to be delayed until next year.

SunSport can reveal Jambos owner Ann Budge has now decided the position doesn’t need to be filled immediately with planned interviews put on the backburner

How do you spell Hearts?

S H A M B L E S

From the sun

Tick tock

From the sun

Budge realises that Robbie Nielson can combine the jobs? Worked well for Levein after all. They have some problems, given she said dof was a key role just a few weeks ago!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    From the sun

Sounds like that job is redundant for now.