hibs.net Messageboard

Page 239 of 558 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,170 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, it’ll be the speculate to accumulate guys who get the votes .
    Are they really going to get to vote for every board member. That’s a recipe for disaster.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Are they really going to get to vote for every board member. That’s a recipe for disaster.
    Can you imagine those KB fuds not getting a vote? "Its my club, I'll decide!" Anarchy.

Just now they are supporters of the 'famous'. They'll soon own the famous which will give them all an even greater sense of importance. The only fans in the world that own their club stuff.

The possibilities are endless. Can you imagine if they got the shares a year ago, and were in the state they are in now? They'd be kicking heids round the back of the bus shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    It won't get any better when their fans are the owners. They won't appoint anyone to the board who are even remotely running on the 'only pay what you can afford' train.
    Great point. I genuinely think Hearts fans are brought up/brainwashed with this mentality. Just pay whatever they want and “maybe” we’ll be successful. But as long as we can beat Hibs, it’ll be worthwhile. The handover can’t come quickly enough for me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    What % of contributions has Benny made?
    What’s the chances is a significant proportion compared with other clubs.
    For me there’s a difference of “simple fans” (Vlad quote) paying in say 45% and Benny out there with 55% and other clubs 80 - 20% (for a spread of larger contributors)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

It won't get any better when their fans are the owners. They won't appoint anyone to the board who are even remotely running on the 'only pay what you can afford' train.
    Barcelona have a membership vote for President of the club. I can only presume that Hearts will do the same as they are both big clubs.

Can't help feel that the winner will be the person who promises the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mixumatosis View Post
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    More likely ask, who?
    Fingers crossed
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Barcelona have a membership vote for President of the club. I can only presume that Hearts will do the same as they are both big clubs.

Can't help feel that the winner will be the person who promises the world.
    I'd vote for one of the hat kickers😅

@hibs.net private member We done it Dad's Avatar
    I might be wrong but I think the fans vote for
    2 board members, the board then vote on the
    rest of the board.{or appoint them}

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Very true..the big club delusion wouldn't accommodate anything as ethical as only spending what you can afford.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by We done it Dad View Post
    I might be wrong but I think the fans vote for
    2 board members, the board then vote on the
    rest of the board.{or appoint them}
    FOH, as the major shareholder, will vote on all appointments of directors at the AGM. In between AGMs, the Board appoint the members.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    FOH, as the major shareholder, will vote on all appointments of directors at the AGM. In between AGMs, the Board appoint the members.
    FOH could have an almighty bun fight on their hands as to the eventual selection of appointees. Could be a fun watch.

@hibs.net private member We done it Dad's Avatar
    I'm so glad to have you back to keep us right.

FOH could have an almighty bun fight on their hands as to the eventual selection of appointees. Could be a fun watch.

But I don't think it would be one shareholder, one vote, would it?

Wouldn't it be that F-Off-Hearts have a chairperson, president, or whatever, and they make the final decision?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Might be bias but i want Barrow back in the English Leagues.Brings back memories of my football league tables from the late sixties free in some comic and you amened the league tables every Saturday night.Sorry going stir crazy!!!!!
    I remember those ladders.

The generic Hearts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    But I don't think it would be one shareholder, one vote, would it?

Wouldn't it be that F-Off-Hearts have a chairperson, president, or whatever, and they make the final decision?
    It will indeed be one share holder one vote. FOH will force Budge out soon. Then the fun will begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 05-04-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It will indeed be one share holder one vote. FOK will force Budge out soon. Then the fun will begin.

In that case, it sounds like fun times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    In that case, it sounds like fun times ahead.
    There'll be mass gatherings in plaza threatening to storm the hospitality suites on a monthly basis when things aren't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    Bang on..Budge has spouted absolute contradictiry nonsense since this started. Her stewardship of Hearts has seen her taken advantage of from player contracts, jobs for the boys and stadium development culminating in her bungling of the negotiations with her employees at a time when they would have been hoping for clarity and any form of compassion for their circumstances.

She should also shut her saggy puss referencing other clubs and get her own house in order.

Personally I think her mismanagement will ultimately see Hearts demise as a top tier club. The mistakes are too many and too costly for that shower of **** to recover. I wont particularly miss them tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Let's not forget that she has invested less than half what Ron Gordon has put into Hibs and she has the guarantee of getting it all back with interest - Ron doesn't have any such guarantee. So who is the most dedicated owner?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Even with the best leadership possible, they are saddled with an awful stadium and still renting training pitches at a shared facility.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Lance - he must have wanted to get caught even his autobiography gave a big neon sign clue “It’s not about the bike”. Wonder what Hearts tainted book will be entitled?

Maybe something that would be reminiscent of their favourite chant -

'Hearts, Hearts, Nefarious Hearts'

With the first chapter-heading titled -

'Was down at Tynecastle they PLAYED !'

Testimonial Due
    If they ever get the shares.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    If they ever get the shares.
    Shouldn’t it have been years ago now? The support keep paying for the budges vanities and Leveins last chance I’m football management while she still controls the club somehow.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Shouldn’t it have been years ago now? The support keep paying for the budges vanities and Leveins last chance I’m football management while she still controls the club somehow.
    Budge and FOH agreed to postpone the hanover till later in the year because of the Covid 19 crisis - not sure if there was a vote of FOH members or it was decided by their office bearers. Given Budge is not prepared to plough any more money in and the mysterious benefactor(s) have disappeared, would not be surprised if FOH agree to for go the shares and use the money to prop Hearts up.

You’d think now was the perfect time for her to hand over to foh.
    Seeing as she’s relegated them whilst having the third biggest budget in the SPFL, albeit only through extra fan and benefactor money.
    Fresh start in the championship badly needed.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    You’d think now was the perfect time for her to hand over to foh.
    Seeing as she’s relegated them whilst having the third biggest budget in the SPFL, albeit only through extra fan and benefactor money.
    Fresh start in the championship badly needed.
    She loses control while she is trying to minimise her losses . Plus she has the FOH money in her back pocket to use to keep the club solvent with FOH approval of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    That sounds like a cunning plan. Too many times clubs have avoided relegation due to stadiums not be been big enough etc. The only way sporting integrity can be remotely upheld is if there is the best teams champions and the worst team relegated. I suspect if partick didnt have a game in hand it would have been announced already. I'm sure all clubs realise there is next to no chance of finishing the season. If there was any common sense they would discussing ending the season now so we can plan for hopefully for next season starting as close to on time as poss. That's the open golf about to be postponed and that's mid July. As for Hertz pathetic sabre rattling about sueing. It's all bluster as usual as it's very clear that if they or any club won't accept the decisions then they can leave. The courts will not get involved in a sports decision when it comes under this totally unprecedented time. A decision will have to be made soon so as to try and plan for next season. We then have to wait to see how long lockdown continues. I don't think closed door games are a solution due to insurance and legal ramifications.
    I thought the players Union came out early on the issue of closed door games and made it clear to its members this was a non starter
    When we come out of lockdown it will be a gradual process Large scale events will be the last to be allied imo
    Think it’s time for the S F A to stop ****ting themselves and make a decision
    Or at least indicate a time frame for doing that
    They may we’ll be waiting on The Peak to pass and The Government to set out its plans re coming out of lockdown
    But are we really prepared to finish the Season in September / 0ctober ?
    And if as predicted countries get a second wave of the Virus after coming out of lockdown then that could be when that happens
    Of course if they decide to go for a policy of Herd ImmunityThe Footie will be straight back on to spread the virus quicker ( being sarcastic )

I think the SFA directly control the Scottish Cup (and have said they'll play the semis & final whenever lockdown is over)

The league is not the SFA's call, it's the SPFL, where the clubs will effectively vote on what happens next - not the SFA

That's my take on it (and I support the SFA view on the 3 remaining cup games)

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Was reported on BBC Radio 5 this morning that there’s a meeting today with the heads of Scottish Football on their position with the league

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I think the SFA directly control the Scottish Cup (and have said they'll play the semis & final whenever lockdown is over)

The league is not the SFA's call, it's the SPFL, where the clubs will effectively vote on what happens next - not the SFA

That's my take on it (and I support the SFA view on the 3 remaining cup games)
    Any decision to finish the league and declare its over is a SPFL board decision not a club decision. Any decision on reconstruction IS a club decision eg 11-1 vote.

Rangers Stuart Robertson is on SPFL board so you can imagine how easy that will be to get the bitter staunch one to agree to season finishing as it is.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Was reported on BBC Radio 5 this morning that there’s a meeting today with the heads of Scottish Football on their position with the league
    So that will be Celtic and Rangers chiefs arguing for and against league closure and the decision being kicked down the road until those two decide to resume the same argument.