hibs.net Messageboard

Page 214 of 558 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 16724
    Hearts announced the 50% cut prior to the government scheme being announced, but remember it was 50% or be punted. It’s possible they were hoping to outright get rid, as well as cutting some of them’s wage costs.

As others have mentioned, the worker can’t do any work while on the 80% rate. If footballers are off trying to keep fit, I’d imagine if they followed any sort of fitness plan from their club, that could count as work? So might be tricky for footballers to qualify? At least not without leaving them to fully fend for themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts announced the 50% cut prior to the government scheme being announced, but remember it was 50% or be punted. It’s possible they were hoping to outright get rid, as well as cutting some of them’s wage costs.

As others have mentioned, the worker can’t do any work while on the 80% rate. If footballers are off trying to keep fit, I’d imagine if they followed any sort of fitness plan from their club, that could count as work? So might be tricky for footballers to qualify? At least not without leaving them to fully fend for themselves.
    I'd imagine the £2500 monthly limit would be a fairly chunky pay cut for many of them too

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Depends if they are doing any form of work or not. For the 80% government grant the workers concerned need to be furloughed, basically laid off. That’s the way my work have went.

Don’t know if Hearts commercial department, as an example, will still be working from home. I’d guess not now so that they can apply for the grant.
    Yup they have to be laid off and doing no work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'd imagine the £2500 monthly limit would be a fairly chunky pay cut for many of them too
    Some of them sure, but for all the younger ones, £600 ish a week would likely be more than 50% of their previous wage, maybe even note than 100% of their previous wage...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Reading your post just reminded me of when we had Livi in the league cup final they had overspent and went into administration, I thought at the time yes their squad will be weaker the players that they payed off however were none of their first team squad, the pay off's to the first team came after the final.

This situation could be different though, Budge doesn't appear to have the foresight to wait until after the semi final, with her coming out with the 50% cut straight away and it transpiring that they plan to use the money saved for new recruits signing on fee's IMO a lot of them will jump ship, this coupled with the difficulty in recruiting decent players to play in the championship seems to be pointing towards us facing a different and weaker herrtz team in the semi.

I just hope Dr Budge sticks to her plan she's doing a fantastic job
    Dunno so much about the weaker team bit - they haven't cheated for the last almost 40 years now, with the realistic aim of winning the league, it's mainly been to make money from European runs and more importantly, for them, is having the financial upper-hand for the derby !. I genuinely believe the real reason Budgie is making a right **** of it right now is that she's not as naturally bent, crooked and dishonest as all the previous owners from 1981 onwards - that and the strain of knowing what's happened to her since she got involved with them is proving too much !!
    Last edited by Deansy; 25-03-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Depends when, if we get going again next month, fair enough. If the Cup games took place in, say, September, I think you’d be hard pressed to insist on players who were already registered only.
    Just underlines why this season needs to be brought to a close now. It's become an irrelevance. There will be more than enough problems getting a new season up and running in an entirely new landscape without trying to shoehorn in games from the previous one. What a farce that would be and I'm amazed anyone still thinks this is worth debating.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Just underlines why this season needs to be brought to a close now. It's become an irrelevance. There will be more than enough problems getting a new season up and running in an entirely new landscape without trying to shoehorn in games from the previous one. What a farce that would be and I'm amazed anyone still thinks this is worth debating.
    it is a farce. The season won’t be back running next month, the month after nor the month after again. We are looking at possibly September but instinct say 2021 earliest.

I think Scottish Football are dragging their heels so not to award Celtic the title in order to help the Rangers and halt 9/10 in a row.

its stupid times in football and for me, right now, Celtic are champs, Hearts are relegated and an online game of Fifa 2020 to set the outcome of the playoff.

We cant reconstruct the leagues. No one wants to except hearts and theres no need to.
    We cant void it for numerous reasons.
    Very much looking like it wont be finished.
    Just end it now and pay the clubs the money.
    Hearts were going down anyway.

First Team Regular
    I have a feeling the powers that be are quite happy for it to drag on a wee bit longer.

They get the blame for the farce(s) in scottish fitba, but ultimately its the clubs that make the decisions and use them as cover.

Clubs feeling the squeeze financially are likely to be far more reasonable and agreeable to their measures, so let the clubs realise the gravity of the situation, then bring them together with the solution, which has to be simply calling the season complete.

I find it staggering in this global pandemic the season hasn't been officially ended. There's far more important things than Rangers getting touchy over Celtic winning the league and Hearts stamping their feet.

It's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I find it staggering in this global pandemic the season hasn't been officially ended. There's far more important things than Rangers getting touchy over Celtic winning the league and Hearts stamping their feet.

It's done.
    I think the SPFL just doesn’t want to be first out the block on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think the SPFL just doesn’t want to be first out the block on this.

Seems that way. They'd gain a lot of respect if they led the way. We'll wait to see what England do though.

Seems that way. They'd gain a lot of respect if they led the way. We'll wait to see what England do though.
    It could really do with being a Europe wide solution. When UEFA’s wildly optimistic restart date passes by with no football, they’ll have to take a position on what to do next.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?
    I don’t think any have yet.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Probably not what you were meaning but the Highland league have just finished their season.

Brora Rangers got awarded the title. Not sure how many points clear they were or how many games were left.

Everyone hoping that in a few weeks things will return to normal but you would need a miracle for that to happen. First thing is to get as many people back to their jobs or there will be no economy and very few season tickets ! Players have been off so long they will need a proper pre season again before any games can take place which pushes a re start back even further. The plug needs to be pulled on the season now and to let clubs plan for a re opening in late summer at best.

One thing's certain, it won't be the SFA. All the major sporting events up to end of July have either been postponed or in process of being postponed - the Olympics, Wimbledon, The French Open. But football authorities somehow think they can defy logic and health & safety and hold matches. Cowards and getting paid not to do their job.

Clubs can’t wait until June. I would say they can’t wait until May before a decision is made.

Can’t afford to follow the EPL’s lead, they’re talking about completing the season whatever it takes and however long it takes. They have the financial muscle to sit tight and do that, the Scottish game doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Clubs can’t wait until June. I would say they can’t wait until May before a decision is made.
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

I appreciate the clamour for decisions but it is really not necessary NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

I’m pretty sure we will start again in August as normal.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No.The employee gets his agreed salary in the normal way.The employer claims back 80% from the government scheme up to the maximum amount.

The genius of Budge’s plan becomes clear: put all staff on 50% wages, pocket 80% from the government.

A sweet little extra source of income in these challenging times.

Disagree. Clubs need the distribution cash now or as soon as.

Prize money required with no other form of income at the moment. Clubs need any cash as soon as they can get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Prize money required with no other form of income at the moment. Clubs need any cash as soon as they can get it.
    There's nothing to stop them paying a sum, say estimated 50%, on account right now..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There's nothing to stop them paying a sum, say estimated 50%, on account right now..
    Agree they could be given the minimum amount they would get then give out the rest when decision made.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The clubs who want a decision made will block that. Withholding the money is the leverage they have to stop this dragging on.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    St Mirren are offering fans free admission to two games next season if they agree not to seek a refund on this years season ticket.

They must think the seasons over.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The genius of Budge’s plan becomes clear: put all staff on 50% wages, pocket 80% from the government.

A sweet little extra source of income in these challenging times.
    Nice try, but that's not how it works