hibs.net Messageboard

Page 492 of 558 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,760 of 16724
    Leveins Battalion Leveins Battalion

Posted 44 minutes ago
    If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically.

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

Then build a team over 2/3 seasons.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Posted 44 minutes ago
    If signing players like Elliot Frear is the level of our ambition even in the Championship than I am afraid Robbie is going to struggle to win over the doubters.(No idea if its even true btw)just hypothetically.

This type of signing reminds me of Hibs in 2012,older,journeymen,with no sell on value and ultimately only cost the club in wages.

Now I get when JJ was here at 1st he plugged gaps with Alan Lawrence,Darren Beckford etc but we have to actively be going for the best young Scottish players.The Ali McCanns,Shanklands,Ross Stewart's etc.We need to start spending on players.

Until we get back to this type of young,ambitious players on an upward trajectory then we are going to continue on this downward spiral that seem bottomless just now imo.

Rather than sign 3 average squad fillers I'd rather we signed 1 quality midfielder/winger.

I agree with him. It’s what we should (and are to an extent) do.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I agree with him. It’s what we should (and are to an extent) do.
    I'd agree with him more if they hadn't signed Glen Wheelan last season

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They're unhappy that the SPFL and the three clubs that had to defend themselves against Hearts and Partick's court action, have all given permission for publication of the judgement.

Hearts, having wanted it all played out in public, are not happy at this, because the SPFL didn't want the dirty washing done in public in court.

Hearts and Partick continue to miss the point of that choice, and again show themselves to be petty, mindless, hypocrites.
    There might very well be some juicy information to come to light in an Arbitration publication. However I think that the Hearts/Partick objection is nothing more than an infantile and perverse knee jerk reaction of disagreeing with anything the SFA/SPFL say or do. If the Arbitration people were still insisting it stay unpublished the bairns would still be screaming for it’s release.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

Posted 44 minutes ago

What these ****ing morons forget is that all of these players cost money, would expect decent wages as well. They already have Berra, Naismith, Boyce etc on ridiculous salaries and they won't move anywhere else to drop money. Same old same old from the tarts for the last 40 years, spend spend spend and someone else will eventually pick up the bill

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    There might very well be some juicy information to come to light in an Arbitration publication. However I think that the Hearts/Partick objection is nothing more than an infantile and perverse knee jerk reaction of disagreeing with anything the SFA/SPFL say or do. If the Arbitration people were still insisting it stay unpublished the bairns would still be screaming for it’s release.
    I think you've nailed it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I can see where hearts are coming from. The spfl havecagreed to release the full
    Judgement but not the evidence. It’s the evidence part they are unhappy about and I assume they are ok with the judgement also.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I can see where hearts are coming from. The spfl havecagreed to release the full
    Judgement but not the evidence. It’s the evidence part they are unhappy about and I assume they are ok with the judgement also.
    The 'evidence' contained commercially sensitive information which the SPFL didn't want in the public domain.

The judgement will be based on principles as opposed to financial nuts & bolts. There's no comparison IMO.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Judgement but not the evidence
    . It’s the evidence part they are unhappy about and I assume they are ok with the judgement also.
    The SPFL dont want confidential or commercially sensitive information in the public domain - which is fair enough, imo.

Remember that Hearts, Partick, Dundee Utd, Cove and Raith can all see the full detail already so its hardly a state secret.

Hearts and Partick are probably getting slammed by the judgement, and are using this "we want the full evidence and detail or nothing" as a device to ensure it doesnt see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I think the contents will be pretty boring - showing the SPFL stuck to procedure and the rules. If its laid out in plain language that this is the case it doesn't help the Jambos seige mentality version that everything is corrupt.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The chat here though had been that heArts are objecting to this being made public. I don’t believe that’s what they are doing. They are unhappy that everything isn’t made public.

I agree there is probably commercially sensitive stuff in there but there must be something that hearts believe vindicates part of their case.

@hibs.net private member
    The chat here though had been that heArts are objecting to this being made public. I don’t believe that’s what they are doing. They are unhappy that everything isn’t made public.

I agree there is probably commercially sensitive stuff in there but there must be something that hearts believe vindicates part of their case.
    The three judges didn’t think there was anything in there to vindicate the hearts case. That is what matters and should be more than enough for the nae sayers to give up on the conspiracy theories and accept they were wrong.

There is nothing that vindicates their case, independent arbitration looked at the evidence and found 100% for the SPFL.

If there was anything to vindicate Hearts and Partick, then it would have emerged in the judgement - i.e. if there had been rules bent by the SPFL there might have been a wee bit of compensation sent their way.............they got hee haw, because their case was nonsense.

Hearts simply cant allow themselves to say "hands up, we were ********s" and this is just more of the bunker mentality crap pandering to the fools on kickback.

Where are you reading this?

However, I believe the promoted three have the right not to have their wage budgets and player salaries released to the public domain.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    The three judges didn’t think there was anything in there to vindicate the hearts case. That is what matters and should be more than enough for the nae sayers to give up on the conspiracy theories and accept they were wrong.
    Except there are some who believe that the 3 "judges" were at it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post

However, I believe the promoted three have the right not to have their wage budgets and player salaries released to the public domain.

Its exactly the kind of pish that kickback would find "compelling"......................

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Incredible, eh? How do you get through a day thinking like that?!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You’re right of course. There are some people that will never see beyond the nose on their face.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You’re right of course. There are some people that will never see beyond the nose on their face.
    I think that's incredibly short-sighted.

There must be, aye.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post

The Daily Record article said that Hearts were slating the spfl for only agreeing to release the judgement. As far as we know Hearts have not objected to that, but they want everything disclosed.

Posters on this thread have been saying Hearts are objecting ti the release

I 100% agree that commercially sensitive information should not be shared. However there must be a reason Hearts want everything out there. They surely wouldn't raise an objection just for the sake of it. Wait, maybe they would.

My point is though that its the partial release that Hearts are unhappy about

@hibs.net private member
    I just nose that this thread is about to go downhill. Or maybe 'snot.

I stand corrected, the article today in the DR appears to have been updated from last nights version and does state Hearts and Partick have blocked anythung being published.

That being the case, it puts a different light on things and I suspect now they dont want their fans to see the reality of the situation.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I stand corrected, the article today in the DR appears to have been updated from last nights version and does state Hearts and Partick have blocked anythung being published.

That being the case, it puts a different light on things and I suspect now they dont want their fans to see the reality of the situation.
    I heard it’s photos of the arbitration panel watching a rerun of the 2016 cup run instead of deliberating.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I heard it’s photos of the arbitration panel watching a rerun of the 2016 cup run instead of deliberating.
    Wasn't it something to do with them all putting their black caps on at the beginning of proceedings rather than the end?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I think it's disgusting that some people make fun of a serious disability!

It's all very well you people joking about it but anybody that supports Hearts deserves our sympathy, not inappropriate so-called jokes.

Hearts got relegated to the Championship hahahaha

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think it's disgusting that some people make fun of a serious disability!

It's all very well you people joking about it but anybody that supports Hearts deserves our sympathy, not inappropriate so-called jokes.

I feel sorry for any young child who has been indoctrinated into following those ugly turnips. As for the adults though... you picked the wrong team.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts got relegated to the Championship hahahaha
    This doesn’t stop being funny 😂, only made funnier by the fact rodders is about to oil them up and make them squeal like a pig! Haha haha

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Skol is a V popular lager in Brazil. The locals seem tae love it but it’s weaker than weak & nae good IMO. Much like yer hertz.