hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 528 of 548 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,840 of 16419
  1. #15811
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    17,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine playing Ann Budge at Scrabble.

    It’s a nightmare.

    Refused to allow her ‘Famos’ which is apparently so UNFAIR because there is definitely a ‘U’ in the bag but she hasn’t quite found it yet, and now she’s annoyed there are no apostrophes.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #15812
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    59
    Posts
    8,573
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s a nightmare.

    Refused to allow her ‘Famos’ which is apparently so UNFAIR because there is definitely a ‘U’ in the bag but she hasn’t quite found it yet, and now she’s annoyed there are no apostrophes.
    The Famous need the u more the u needs the famos.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  4. #15813
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they though? Would they though?

    They've lost a lot of players from the side that was bottom of the league last season and in poor form for much of the season before that under three different managers. They've lost Hickey on a transfer and Souttar and Berra are both out injured. Unless they do something spectacular before the end of the window the players they'e brought in don't look like SPFL top 6 quality. I don't think they've got a single player who would get in our starting 11 and not many who would get on the bench.

    Hearts' first team squad (according to their website, which is out of date, and their wiki page):

    GK: Craig Gordon, Zdenek Zlamal, Ross Stewart, Colin Doyle (on loan to Killie)

    Defenders: Michael Smith, Aidy White, John Souttar (long-term injury), Christophe Berra (out for 6-8 weeks), Ben Garuccio, Jamie Brandon, Craig Halkett, Mihai Popescu (currently in quarantine), Chris Hamilton (loan at Dumbarton)

    Midfielders: Jordan Roberts, Peter Haring (just back after career-threatening injury), Jamie Walker, Olly Lee, Harry Cochrane (flopped on loan at Dunfermline last year), Anthony McDonald (was on loan to Dunfermline last year and could barely get a game), Loic Damour, Lewis Moore, Andy Irving, Elliott Frear, Josh Ginnelly, Andy Halliday (added to original post)

    Forwards: Steven Naismith, Craig Wighton (loaned out to Arbroath last season, has never scored a competitive goal for Hearts), Liam Boyce, Euan Henderson
    I make that 24 players and Steven Naismith could easily fall to injury again.

    Of the others, I reckon Haring is still a mile off playing and think there is a real chance he will break down again. Levein was an idiot playing him in the cup final. Could yet cost the guy his career.
    Soutter is obviously a mile away and his injury appears chronic, Berra is still injured and really hasn't been the same player since he was badly injured so I think he is all but done.

    Boyce will be highly effective for them this season and despite their issues they will win their league but .... won't beat us in the cup unless they have a lot of luck.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 01-10-2020 at 10:00 PM.

  5. #15814
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I make that 24 players and Steven Naismith could easily fall to injury again.

    Of the others, I reckon Haring is still a mile off playing and think there is a real chance he will break down again. Levein was an idiot playing him in the cup final. Could yet cost the guy his career.
    Soutter is obviously a mile away and his injury appears chronic, Berra is still injured and really hasn't been the same player since he was badly injured so I think he is all but done.

    Boyce will be highly effective for them this season and despite their issues they will win their league but .... won't beat us in the cup unless they have a lot of luck.
    Its a tough ask and Dundee have signed well i think they will win it ....hearts will finish third ...bet on

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #15815
    Can't seem to find any hearts players on fifa 21.

  7. #15816
    @hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they though? Would they though?

    They've lost a lot of players from the side that was bottom of the league last season and in poor form for much of the season before that under three different managers. They've lost Hickey on a transfer and Souttar and Berra are both out injured. Unless they do something spectacular before the end of the window the players they'e brought in don't look like SPFL top 6 quality. I don't think they've got a single player who would get in our starting 11 and not many who would get on the bench.

    Hearts' first team squad (according to their website, which is out of date, and their wiki page):

    GK: Craig Gordon, Zdenek Zlamal, Ross Stewart, Colin Doyle (on loan to Killie)

    Defenders: Michael Smith, Aidy White, John Souttar (long-term injury), Christophe Berra (out for 6-8 weeks), Ben Garuccio, Jamie Brandon, Craig Halkett, Mihai Popescu (currently in quarantine), Chris Hamilton (loan at Dumbarton)

    Midfielders: Jordan Roberts, Peter Haring (just back after career-threatening injury), Jamie Walker, Olly Lee, Harry Cochrane (flopped on loan at Dunfermline last year), Anthony McDonald (was on loan to Dunfermline last year and could barely get a game), Loic Damour, Lewis Moore, Andy Irving, Elliott Frear, Josh Ginnelly, Andy Halliday (added to original post)

    Forwards: Steven Naismith, Craig Wighton (loaned out to Arbroath last season, has never scored a competitive goal for Hearts), Liam Boyce, Euan Henderson

    I was quite happy reading that list of crocks, wasters and has-beens, until I saw the bit is bold.

    Not sure if I should put the mortgage or just the kids Uni fund on that fandan scoring against us.

  8. #15817
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a tough ask and Dundee have signed well i think they will win it ....hearts will finish third ...bet on

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    This summer Dundee have signed soon to be 35 years old Charlie Adam, which is impressive.
    However, Kane Hemming left in the summer, Berra went back to Hearts and McPake doesn't appear to be the brightest of managers.
    Striker Andrew Nelson & centre half Josh Meekings also left.

    The Irish forward Afolabi they signed from Celtic, played 6 games for Dunfermline last season and that is the extent of his senior experience.
    Hemmings other replacements are Alex Jakubiak, Danny Mullen and the wild card Nicholas Hamilton.
    Are any of them as good as Hemming. I think not.

    The only other player that they have signed is centre half Lee Ashcroft from Dunfermline.

    A lot of Dundee's success this season will depend on how much they can get out of the senior midfield trio of Adam Dorrans & McGowan? There is a chance they could rule the midfield in games but someone will have to do their running.

    Given all of the above I'm not seeing them being ahead of Hearts at the end of the season.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 01-10-2020 at 10:46 PM.

  9. #15818
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    without looking at the squad again, off the top of my head, I think anyone would also acknowledge Naismith and Gordon as International players..
    Not me. They're former internationals. I very much doubt either of them will ever play for Scotland again. Gordon barely even played first team football last season.

  10. #15819
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    30,780
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not me. They're former internationals. I very much doubt either of them will ever play for Scotland again. Gordon barely even played first team football last season.
    Naismith would have been in the squad now if fully fit.

  11. #15820
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,221
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not me. They're former internationals. I very much doubt either of them will ever play for Scotland again. Gordon barely even played first team football last season.

    It's true Gordon is not currently in the squad. May never get back in...but he is a quality goalie and the essence of my original post is that Hearts have a good squad in Scottish football terms, and would likely do fine in the top league with their new manager. Will be a good challenge for us - and the view that "we've no excuse in the semi" lacks that context..

  12. #15821
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,221
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Losing a semi final to them, as things currently stand, would be a huge blow. The emotional reaction of fans to losing to them, as a championship club, would be massive. If you take that emotional aspect out of it then it’s absolutely right that we should judge how we’re doing over the course of the season but that wouldn’t happen. Just for arguments sake, if we lost to them, then lost up at Aberdeen the week after, there would be people in full on crisis mode. We can’t let it happen and I am in the ‘no excuses’ camp. We’re superior to them but we’ve said that before...

    oh aye, there will be carnage on here if they were to win....that will be the emotional reaction as you say..I expect us to win, I'm just saying it will be a tough game and we will need to perform well to get through.

  13. #15822
    hibs.net Branch Member BS44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,691
    That lot are playing Partick Thistle again today. The match is in Glasgow so must be second leg of the Relegation Cup

  14. #15823
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That lot are playing Partick Thistle again today. The match is in Glasgow so must be second leg of the Relegation Cup
    Looks like they've dumped Stranraer already, going to need a new flag.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  15. #15824
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,010
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh aye, there will be carnage on here if they were to win....that will be the emotional reaction as you say..I expect us to win, I'm just saying it will be a tough game and we will need to perform well to get through.
    This game is the first opportunity for them to exact revenge on their self perceived wrongdoers. Their desire, bitterness, bile and sheer vengeful intent will mean they will throw everything at this game.

    We better be ready and even more full of desire to ram it back down their throats and let them know they were masters of their own fate .

  16. #15825
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,096
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That lot are playing Partick Thistle again today. The match is in Glasgow so must be second leg of the Relegation Cup
    The M8 Alliance

  17. #15826
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The back of beyond
    Posts
    5,597
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That lot are playing Partick Thistle again today. The match is in Glasgow so must be second leg of the Relegation Cup
    Is it on TV?

  18. #15827
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    16,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it on TV?
    No but Tom English will be covering it for Sportsound.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, IT'S NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

  19. #15828
    hibs.net Branch Member BS44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it on TV?
    Beam back to Tynecastle Arms

    If they win then open top bus leaving Robertson Avenue 6pm and finishing at Murieston Road at 6.03pm

  20. #15829
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beam back to Tynecastle Arms

    If they win then open top bus leaving Robertson Avenue 6pm and finishing at Murieston Road at 6.03pm


    And then it's the clash of the titans, Hearts V Partick Thistle- the rematch 6.30 at Tynecastle, followed by Partick Thistle V Hearts etc.........



    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  21. #15830
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    16,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    And then it's the clash of the titans, Hearts V Partick Thistle- the rematch 6.30 at Tynecastle, followed by Partick Thistle V Hearts etc.........



    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    They're in a league of their own right enough. 😂
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, IT'S NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

  22. #15831
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,351
    I've heard that it is bigger than the Petrofac Cup. There is talk of the winner getting invited into the Champions League group stages.

  23. #15832
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naismith would have been in the squad now if fully fit.
    "If" is doing all the heavy lifting in that sentence. Is there any likelihood at all that he will ever be fully fit again?

  24. #15833
    Game vs partick available on the partick site for free, thistle just had a goal disallowed.

  25. #15834
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but Tom English will be covering it for Sportsound.
    He seems to enjoy impersonating embittered resentful yams. Budge and Levein's pet poodle. Probably arrives at bbc studios in a rover wearing a maroon cardigan.

  26. #15835
    hibs.net Branch Member BS44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Greenland
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    And then it's the clash of the titans, Hearts V Partick Thistle- the rematch 6.30 at Tynecastle, followed by Partick Thistle V Hearts etc.........

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    They might try and squeeze another hearts v hearts friendly in there somewhere, just so they can get a bit of practice in against a championship side

    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game vs partick available on the partick site for free, thistle just had a goal disallowed.
    Site has crashed, good! Something else for the greeting faced ******* to moan about

  27. #15836
    @hibs.net private member Bobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    EH7
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game vs partick available on the partick site for free, thistle just had a goal disallowed.
    Partick missed a penalty just before it too. Game was 0-0 at HT then the feed crashed.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.


  28. #15837
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    North Edinurgh
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Partick missed a penalty just before it too. Game was 0-0 at HT then the feed crashed.
    FT at Firhill. Thistle 0 - 2 Hearts

  29. #15838
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a Trash can
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're in a lower league of their own right enough. 😂
    FTFY


    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

  30. #15839
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    293
    Halliday taken off injured before half-time. No idea if it's just precautionary.

  31. #15840
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Halliday taken off injured before half-time. No idea if it's just precautionary.
    Lets hope not!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)