hibs.net Messageboard

Page 422 of 558 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,660 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The voting system is a stitch up - everyone knows that. It is designed to preserve the status quo, ie the dominant position of the Ugly Sisters in scottish football.

But Budge sat on the SPFL board. So when did she propose changing the voting system?

Other club chairmen are seeing right through her. This is pure self-interest and nothing else.
    That as well.

The silence from the other clubs (I hope) says it all!

It’s a bit like reconstruction... never mentioned until they were in the keek!

I’m sooooo glad she’s not in charge of our club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

This whole episode has confirmed what I already knew about what a skeekit club Hearts are and makes me thank my lucky stars my dad was a Hibby

This clause she mentions (emergency situation where board can overturn vote) does anyone know whether it exists?
    The rules are online but I couldn’t find anything, although not sure if I was looking in right place!
    I find it unbelievable that a club chairperson would refer to it in a media interview without checking its existence.

Budge is all over the place. Changes her tune on loads of stuff depending on who she’s trying to influence. For instance - are they minted or are they skint?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    This clause she mentions (emergency situation where board can overturn vote) does anyone know whether it exists?
    The rules are online but I couldn’t find anything, although not sure if I was looking in right place!
    I find it unbelievable that a club chairperson would refer to it in a media interview without checking its existence.

She can't very well spend weeks bleating about integrity only to then pin her hopes on a democratic vote getting slapped down.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    What next for Ann if/when another catastrophic reconstruction plan fails on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    She can't very well spend weeks bleating about integrity only to then pin her hopes on a democratic vote getting slapped down.
    But you know deep down this will have been explored and if there is a glimmer she will be all over it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Did she mention why she didnt call clubs for feedback before releasing the plan?

I assume it’s because she thinks these other clubs are beneath her.

To me it looks like there is an appetite for reconstruction on some level but her refusal to listen and engage in proper discussions with all parties has cost her club.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Why the **** did Budge say no to Gillette? Great opportunity. The massive drawback of fan ownership imo.
    Does this give you a clue
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...pools-16900099

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Sounds like a perfect fit for them.

Shouldn’t Anne be in self isolation due to her age? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Don't mean to be to an auld radge wifie, but.

What an auld radge.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post

If the SPFL have such a rule it wont be to overrule democratic votes.
    The clubs live and die by democracy.
    It will most likely be there to sort out emergency situations.
    Like organising quick votes to end the season.
    You see Ann. The SPFL board have already dealt with this emergency situation.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    I've been quite angry/incredulous about this whole sorry issue, but I'm now genuinely worrying about Ann's welfare. The statements have been becoming more erratic, and that interview... Well, I don't think she's OK.

Either she is Benny and she's gone in way too deep and is now totally panicking, or she needs some medical help.

All in my opinion of course.

The latest plan will be jettisoned tomorrow or Monday, and I hope she has a good support network around her, as I fear it's not going to be pretty.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    I've been quite angry/incredulous about this whole sorry issue, but I'm now genuinely worrying about Ann's welfare. The statements have been becoming more erratic, and that interview... Well, I don't think she's OK.

Either she is Benny and she's gone in way too deep and is now totally panicking, or she needs some medical help.

All in my opinion of course.

The latest plan will be jettisoned tomorrow or Monday, and I hope she has a good support network around her, as I fear it's not going to be pretty.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think this is very possible.

She might even need to offload the yacht (or whatever share she has in it).

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I think this is very possible.

She might even need to offload the yacht (or whatever share she has in it).
    Ive thought that for a while as well. I don't know the financial ins and outs of it but why would anyone just hand over £Ms for no return what do ever, not a seat in the board, not a bunch of shares, not even a mention. If it is her I think she will be realising that she is in a total **** show with no chance of recouping that money when they go tits up. Big ego leading to big spending to stand still leading to big losses leading to big disaster. That is my hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Ive thought that for a while as well. I don't know the financial ins and outs of it but why would anyone just hand over £Ms for no return what do ever, not a seat in the board, not a bunch of shares, not even a mention. If it is her I think she will be realising that she is in a total **** show with no chance of recouping that money when they go tits up. Big ego leading to big spending to stand still leading to big losses leading to big disaster. That is my hope anyway.
    I think that must be it, without being told to the contrary Budge is the Benefactor...wow some benevolence for no actual control...totally explains why transfer of ownership has not happened!

Apologies,not really been paying much attention to the Hertz circus, but am I correct in thinking that Queen B is looking for a way out, hence the interest in buying the club. From the BBC:

Hearts have rejected a takeover bid from the son of former Liverpool owner George Gillett, says chair Ann Budge.

Foster Gillett, who was on the board at Anfield, confirmed to BBC Scotland an email was sent on his behalf last week "regarding potential investment".

But he says no formal offer was made and there has been "no response" from the club or the Foundation of Hearts.

"I would welcome the opportunity to engage with the Foundation of Hearts to explore an investment," Gillett said.

"I am looking to acquire a football club with ambitions and I'm looking to invest significantly."

And in other news, it looks unlikely that they'll get enough votes from Leagues One and Two. Again from the BBC:

Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of five sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Should another join them, Clyde, Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, and Elgin City, the new plan would fail in any ballot.

While he did not declare his club's position, Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy said on Wednesday the proposal was doomed to failure. The move would also deny Cove Rangers promotion from the bottom tier.

Benny Budge.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That as well.

The silence from the other clubs (I hope) says it all!

It’s a bit like reconstruction... never mentioned until they were in the keek!

I’m sooooo glad she’s not in charge of our club!

I get that Jambos feel grateful to her because she bailed them out of their last crisis. But it’s just a continuing pattern with them - get into debt, bail out, ignore alarm bells - repeat.

Who will be their next saviour?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    At the stage now where I can’t stand this woman. Whinge, whinge whinge like a bairn that isn’t getting it’s own way. So now, and rightly so, a number of the lower league clubs can see through her proposals and are saying they won’t vote for them, all of a sudden the voting structure is wrong and they shouldn’t have a voice. Just F off, take your medicine and accept your relegation with some good grace. Oh and make up your mind, you either have loads of money or you don’t. Choose one and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radge70 View Post
    Love it Eaststand! Sharp as a razor....
    Cut throat business this pun game...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    What next for Ann if/when another catastrophic reconstruction plan fails on Monday?
    She'll probably appoint Craig Levein to sporting director to oversee the football operations side of things while she focuses on finishing the stand in time for the visit of Alloa.

Wouldn't surprise me at all

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    She'll probably appoint Craig Levein to sporting director to oversee the football operations side of things while she focuses on finishing the stand in time for the visit of Alloa.

Wouldn't surprise me at all
    Wouldn't put it past her at this stage.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    No, it's Dave
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    I think that must be it, without being told to the contrary Budge is the Benefactor...wow some benevolence for no actual control...totally explains why transfer of ownership has not happened!
    If it was her I don't think she'd keep it quiet. My money's on it being the guys that created Grand Theft Auto.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davi...ame_developer)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike...game_designer)

GTA is one of the all time highest grossing game franchises with $10 billion dollars of sales so they can probably afford to put a few million into Hearts without even blinking.

Remember the news story a couple of years ago saying the only condition of the benefactors was to relax the dress code in the directors box.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ndition-184569

Casual dress code fits the profile of a game developer. As you can see, every day is dress down day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Davi...h=725&dpr=2.63

https://www.google.com/search?q=mike...g-ss&prmd=isnv

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    If it was her I don't think she'd keep it quiet. My money's on it being the guys that created Grand Theft Auto.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davi...ame_developer)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike...game_designer)

GTA is one of the all time highest grossing game franchises with $10 billion dollars of sales so they can probably afford to put a few million into Hearts without even blinking.

Remember the news story a couple of years ago saying the only condition of the benefactors was to relax the dress code in the directors box.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ndition-184569

Casual dress code fits the profile of a game developer. As you can see, every day is dress down day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Davi...h=725&dpr=2.63

https://www.google.com/search?q=mike...g-ss&prmd=isnv
    The original owners were from Dundee and had subliminal images of Hibs and Leith as the good guys. Hearts as the bad guys. Think they have long sold up.

Yes the owners sold up in 1997 and left the company in 1999. They are US owned now. So highly unlikely them. This myth has been previously dismissed along with countless other red herrings.

CapirtalGreen who knows Stuart Wallace was told by Stuart at the start of this crisis that the benefactor would not be making further contributions because of the turmoil in financial markets and Hearts were well down the list if causes they help. This makes me think Budge's five year backing by the benefactor us bluster. Surely they would have stepped over salaries and keeping the club afloat and Budge would not be saying Hearts are in financial trouble. She has lied her way through this crisis. I think a big part of it is getting out of Hearts with the minimum of losses to her.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 28-05-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    The original owners were from Dundee and had subliminal images of Hibs and Leith as the good guys. Hearts as the bad guys. Think they have long sold up.

Yes the owners sold up in 1997 and left the company in 1999. They are US owned now. So highly unlikely them. This myth has been previously dismissed along with countless other red herrings.
    Fair enough. Definitely don't think it is Budge though.

Why wouldn’t they need to declare where the money came from in their financials form a money laundering or financial crime perspective?