hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 214 of 264 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 7903
  1. #6391
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume this 80% means you get your 'take home' pay... I'm guessing it's not taxed?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It's the employer who gets the 80%.

    The employee pays PAYE and NI as normal.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 25-03-2020 at 10:14 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #6392
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the employer who gets the 80%.

    The employer pays PAYE and NI as normal.
    Hmmm OK, so they could actually add 20% and give you 100% at the top line.. But either way you'll get taxed on either the 80 or 100%?

    PS welcome back, you've been missed!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. #6393
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm OK, so they could actually add 20% and give you 100% at the top line.. But either way you'll get taxed on either the 80 or 100%?

    PS welcome back, you've been missed!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks:)

    No matter what you are paid, the employer can only claim 80% of that, up to the £2500 limit.

  5. #6394
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm OK, so they could actually add 20% and give you 100% at the top line.. But either way you'll get taxed on either the 80 or 100%?

    PS welcome back, you've been missed!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    No.The employee gets his agreed salary in the normal way.The employer claims back 80% from the government scheme up to the maximum amount.

  6. #6395
    Hearts announced the 50% cut prior to the government scheme being announced, but remember it was 50% or be punted. Itís possible they were hoping to outright get rid, as well as cutting some of themís wage costs.

    As others have mentioned, the worker canít do any work while on the 80% rate. If footballers are off trying to keep fit, Iíd imagine if they followed any sort of fitness plan from their club, that could count as work? So might be tricky for footballers to qualify? At least not without leaving them to fully fend for themselves.

  7. #6396
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts announced the 50% cut prior to the government scheme being announced, but remember it was 50% or be punted. Itís possible they were hoping to outright get rid, as well as cutting some of themís wage costs.

    As others have mentioned, the worker canít do any work while on the 80% rate. If footballers are off trying to keep fit, Iíd imagine if they followed any sort of fitness plan from their club, that could count as work? So might be tricky for footballers to qualify? At least not without leaving them to fully fend for themselves.
    I'd imagine the £2500 monthly limit would be a fairly chunky pay cut for many of them too

  8. #6397
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends if they are doing any form of work or not. For the 80% government grant the workers concerned need to be furloughed, basically laid off. Thatís the way my work have went.

    Donít know if Hearts commercial department, as an example, will still be working from home. Iíd guess not now so that they can apply for the grant.
    Yup they have to be laid off and doing no work at all.

  9. #6398
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd imagine the £2500 monthly limit would be a fairly chunky pay cut for many of them too
    Some of them sure, but for all the younger ones, £600 ish a week would likely be more than 50% of their previous wage, maybe even note than 100% of their previous wage...

  10. #6399
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading your post just reminded me of when we had Livi in the league cup final they had overspent and went into administration, I thought at the time yes their squad will be weaker the players that they payed off however were none of their first team squad, the pay off's to the first team came after the final.

    This situation could be different though, Budge doesn't appear to have the foresight to wait until after the semi final, with her coming out with the 50% cut straight away and it transpiring that they plan to use the money saved for new recruits signing on fee's IMO a lot of them will jump ship, this coupled with the difficulty in recruiting decent players to play in the championship seems to be pointing towards us facing a different and weaker herrtz team in the semi.

    I just hope Dr Budge sticks to her plan she's doing a fantastic job
    Dunno so much about the weaker team bit - they haven't cheated for the last almost 40 years now, with the realistic aim of winning the league, it's mainly been to make money from European runs and more importantly, for them, is having the financial upper-hand for the derby !. I genuinely believe the real reason Budgie is making a right **** of it right now is that she's not as naturally bent, crooked and dishonest as all the previous owners from 1981 onwards - that and the strain of knowing what's happened to her since she got involved with them is proving too much !!
    Last edited by Deansy; 26-03-2020 at 12:18 AM.

  11. #6400
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends when, if we get going again next month, fair enough. If the Cup games took place in, say, September, I think youíd be hard pressed to insist on players who were already registered only.
    Just underlines why this season needs to be brought to a close now. It's become an irrelevance. There will be more than enough problems getting a new season up and running in an entirely new landscape without trying to shoehorn in games from the previous one. What a farce that would be and I'm amazed anyone still thinks this is worth debating.

  12. #6401
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just underlines why this season needs to be brought to a close now. It's become an irrelevance. There will be more than enough problems getting a new season up and running in an entirely new landscape without trying to shoehorn in games from the previous one. What a farce that would be and I'm amazed anyone still thinks this is worth debating.
    it is a farce. The season won’t be back running next month, the month after nor the month after again. We are looking at possibly September but instinct say 2021 earliest.

    I think Scottish Football are dragging their heels so not to award Celtic the title in order to help the Rangers and halt 9/10 in a row.

    its stupid times in football and for me, right now, Celtic are champs, Hearts are relegated and an online game of Fifa 2020 to set the outcome of the playoff.

  13. #6402
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,483
    We cant reconstruct the leagues. No one wants to except hearts and theres no need to.
    We cant void it for numerous reasons.
    Very much looking like it wont be finished.
    Just end it now and pay the clubs the money.
    Hearts were going down anyway.

  14. #6403
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    206
    I have a feeling the powers that be are quite happy for it to drag on a wee bit longer.

    They get the blame for the farce(s) in scottish fitba, but ultimately its the clubs that make the decisions and use them as cover.

    Clubs feeling the squeeze financially are likely to be far more reasonable and agreeable to their measures, so let the clubs realise the gravity of the situation, then bring them together with the solution, which has to be simply calling the season complete.

  15. #6404
    I find it staggering in this global pandemic the season hasn't been officially ended. There's far more important things than Rangers getting touchy over Celtic winning the league and Hearts stamping their feet.

    It's done.

  16. #6405
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    19,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it staggering in this global pandemic the season hasn't been officially ended. There's far more important things than Rangers getting touchy over Celtic winning the league and Hearts stamping their feet.

    It's done.
    I think the SPFL just doesnít want to be first out the block on this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #6406
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the SPFL just doesnít want to be first out the block on this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems that way. They'd gain a lot of respect if they led the way. We'll wait to see what England do though.

  18. #6407
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems that way. They'd gain a lot of respect if they led the way. We'll wait to see what England do though.
    It could really do with being a Europe wide solution. When UEFAís wildly optimistic restart date passes by with no football, theyíll have to take a position on what to do next.

  19. #6408
    First Team Breakthrough Shore Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems that way. They'd gain a lot of respect if they led the way. We'll wait to see what England do though.
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?

  20. #6409
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    19,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?
    I donít think any have yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #6410
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    23,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?
    Probably not what you were meaning but the Highland league have just finished their season.

    Brora Rangers got awarded the title. Not sure how many points clear they were or how many games were left.

  22. #6411
    Everyone hoping that in a few weeks things will return to normal but you would need a miracle for that to happen. First thing is to get as many people back to their jobs or there will be no economy and very few season tickets ! Players have been off so long they will need a proper pre season again before any games can take place which pushes a re start back even further. The plug needs to be pulled on the season now and to let clubs plan for a re opening in late summer at best.

  23. #6412
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have any leagues called this season done yet or is everyone waiting for someone to blink first?
    One thing's certain, it won't be the SFA. All the major sporting events up to end of July have either been postponed or in process of being postponed - the Olympics, Wimbledon, The French Open. But football authorities somehow think they can defy logic and health & safety and hold matches. Cowards and getting paid not to do their job.

  24. #6413
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,440
    Clubs canít wait until June. I would say they canít wait until May before a decision is made.

  25. #6414
    Canít afford to follow the EPLís lead, theyíre talking about completing the season whatever it takes and however long it takes. They have the financial muscle to sit tight and do that, the Scottish game doesnít.

  26. #6415
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clubs canít wait until June. I would say they canít wait until May before a decision is made.
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

    I appreciate the clamour for decisions but it is really not necessary NOW.

  27. #6416
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    19,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

    I appreciate the clamour for decisions but it is really not necessary NOW.
    Iím pretty sure we will start again in August as normal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #6417
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,371
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.The employee gets his agreed salary in the normal way.The employer claims back 80% from the government scheme up to the maximum amount.

    The genius of Budgeís plan becomes clear: put all staff on 50% wages, pocket 80% from the government.

    A sweet little extra source of income in these challenging times.

  29. #6418
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

    I appreciate the clamour for decisions but it is really not necessary NOW.
    Disagree. Clubs need the distribution cash now or as soon as.

  30. #6419
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why they can't wait no one is going anywhere and things are unlikely to change anytime soon. So the season ends today or in June what is the difference. If you say planning for next season well no one has any idea when next season will start it will be months away so again no rush.

    I appreciate the clamour for decisions but it is really not necessary NOW.
    Prize money required with no other form of income at the moment. Clubs need any cash as soon as they can get it.

  31. #6420
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,324
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prize money required with no other form of income at the moment. Clubs need any cash as soon as they can get it.
    There's nothing to stop them paying a sum, say estimated 50%, on account right now..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved