hibs.net Messageboard

Page 150 of 558 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 16724
    Jeez that last post is more positive about their prospects than any I have heard from one of them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose, if I was a Hertz fan, I can understand why I would be supportive of Daniel even if that means relegation.

For the past few years, as we all know, the Hertz have been extremely dull to watch. It's only when they played the kids (because they had too) that there's been any enjoyment for them. They need a massive clear-out of the overly physical, anti-football players and bring in players that are able to play Stendel's style of football. To make it work Stendel needs time even if that means a year in the Championship. Actually, the Championship might be a good thing for them as Stendel can build a team that would romp the Championship and get the fans back onside and in large numbers.

Whilst we would love to see them relegated, there's every chance that they will come back a much stronger team. That's what happened to us and it could be the same with them.
    A little bit of cutting and pasting and it looks like you’ve pretty much written Banderson’s article for the day after the St Mirren defeat.

The generic Hearts thread

I suppose, if I was a Hertz fan, I can understand why I would be supportive of Daniel even if that means relegation.

For the past few years, as we all know, the Hertz have been extremely dull to watch. It's only when they played the kids (because they had too) that there's been any enjoyment for them. They need a massive clear-out of the overly physical, anti-football players and bring in players that are able to play Stendel's style of football. To make it work Stendel needs time even if that means a year in the Championship. Actually, the Championship might be a good thing for them as Stendel can build a team that would romp the Championship and get the fans back onside and in large numbers.

Whilst we would love to see them relegated, there's every chance that they will come back a much stronger team. That's what happened to us and it could be the same with them.
    Our fans didn’t get back onside till we won the cup. Had we not then our crowds would have continued below the 10k mark. Relegation will be a disaster for them as it was for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 26-02-2020 at 07:23 AM.

They already did the "come back up stronger" thing in 2015 and look where they are now.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A little bit of cutting and pasting and it looks like you’ve pretty much written Banderson’s article for the day after the St Mirren defeat.
    https://twitter.com/edinburghsport/status/1232570395116658688?s=21

On a similar note, I only read the headline and not the article, but this made me laugh.

Unsung hero’s in a season they’ve won 3 games and a rooted to the bottom of the league?! Even then it’s a guy who went off injured in the one game they won while he’s been there and has been posted missing in most games since then.

Some hero that, unsung or not.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    They’ve got Hecky to thank if they stay up, still can’t believe that imposter handed them their only away win this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/edinburghsport/status/1232570395116658688?s=21

On a similar note, I only read the headline and not the article, but this made me laugh.

Unsung hero’s in a season they’ve won 3 games and a rooted to the bottom of the league?! Even then it’s a guy who went off injured in the one game they won while he’s been there and has been posted missing in most games since then.

Some hero that, unsung or not.
    Banderson truly is a great pick me up. Firstly who is Sibbick !? And secondly well done for dropping Klopp, however rude that may sound.

Just aswell the wind blew the ball on to a 17 year old kid's hand and the resulting yellow card was red in the Hamilton game.... 1 poor decision away from already being marooned

Think we actually look back at relegation fondly now because of the cup win.The reality of it was different. Losing 0-3 to Morton.
    Struggling against Dumbarton Alloa Falkirk etc plus that play off last second defeat at Falkirk before the final.All pretty gut wrenching.
    This could happen to any club outside the old firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Our fans didn’t get back inside till we won the cup. Had we not then our crowds would have continued below the 10k mark. Relegation will be a disaster for them as it was for us
    When we got relegated we were left with virtually no squad and Stubbs got to build us back up from scratch.

If they go down they’ll have a massive squad on long contracts and silly wages, which will be totally unsustainable. Add in that the rover driver, blazer wearing Jambo types at FoH are about to take over and it’s a car crash waiting to happen.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    When we got relegated we were left with virtually no squad and Stubbs got to build us back up from scratch.

If they go down they’ll have a massive squad on long contracts and silly wages, which will be totally unsustainable. Add in that the rover driver, blazer wearing Jambi types at FoH are about to take over and it’s a car crash waiting to happen.
    The fans taking over literally couldn’t come at a worse time for them.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Except he seems to be a one trick pony and their system, especially if they're missing key personnel (as happens to every team), leaves them very exposed at the back.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Would be a very good thing in my opinion.
    I'm thinking the same, personally I can hardly wait to hear Kiwidug's pronouncements on the subject and I'm pretty sure wee Shaun Lawson will have a patronising Sermon on the Mount style lecture to give them all as well

It'll be pleasing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar

If they go down they’ll have a massive squad on long contracts and silly wages, which will be totally unsustainable. Add in that the rover driver, blazer wearing Jambi types at FoH are about to take over and it’s a car crash waiting to happen.
    Exactly. Relegation is a financial disaster and the league is not easy to get out of

If we were in Hearts position we would be wetting ourselves. This time next week they will hopefully be out the cup, have suffered a derby defeat and looking at a hard league fight to get anything. If they are not worried then good, as they will be Sleepwalking into disaster. They deserve it. Being rubbish and entitled is not a winning combo.

If they go down they’ll have a massive squad on long contracts and silly wages, which will be totally unsustainable. Add in that the rover driver, blazer wearing Jambo types at FoH are about to take over and it’s a car crash waiting to happen.
    A car crash with 1970s British car manufacturing safety standards and driving gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The fans taking over literally couldn’t come at a worse time for them.
    Luckily they aren’t filming a documentary about this season also...

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Luckily they aren’t filming a documentary about this season also...
    The only summer blockbuster I’m waiting for. It’s going to be epic if they drop down 🙏
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I would have thought that the lack of split made it harder to get points because they were playing the top teams too.

They got 18 points out of a possible 27. That's an amazing haul for a team at the bottom of the league.
    Did they not pay a few hundred thousand for Darren Jackson in March that year and immediately start winning games again? My recollection is that they splashed the cash to get them out of trouble, no chance of that now with the transfer window in place.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Did they not pay a few hundred thousand for Darren Jackson in March that year and immediately start winning games again? My recollection is that they splashed the cash to get them out of trouble, no chance of that now with the transfer window in place.
    I don't remember that, but it looks like he joined them on 3 April right enough. As you say, that's not possible now.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    He only scored one goal for them that season so I don't think it was

They went twelve games without win (Which included 4 then 5 defeats in a row in that 12) before their run which is pretty impressive as it included handing out thrashings to Aberdeen, Dundee United & Motherwell.

But that team had players like Adam, Cameron, Weir, Pressley and they were far better than the dross they have now.

They finished 3rd the season before and the season after so it was just a blip that time.

This time around they have been rubbish since losing to Celtic in the semi final at Murrayfield in October 2018 and I can't see them ever putting in a run of 3 or 4 wins in a row as they simply do not have it in them, after they fluked a win against Rangers with that deflected goal I expected them to pick up a few points but it didn't happen.

We need to put them to the sword on Tuesday as it will kill them off...

Its weird, the further Hearts get adrift from safety the more some Hibs fans seem to think they will survive. I just dont get it. They have won 3 games all season and look absolutely dreadful. They are up against 2 teams who are used to being in this position. I personally think they are doomed. They look every single bit the relegated team.

I think it will be between them and Hamilton who finish bottom.

I can’t see Jim Goodwin letting Saints finish bottom 2. I was impressed with them at ER recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    He only scored one goal for them that season so I don't think it was

They went twelve games without win (Which included 4 then 5 defeats in a row in that 12) before their run which is pretty impressive as it included handing out thrashings to Aberdeen, Dundee United & Motherwell.

But that team had players like Adam, Cameron, Weir, Pressley and they were far better than the dross they have now.

They finished 3rd the season before and the season after so it was just a blip that time.

This time around they have been rubbish since losing to Celtic in the semi final at Murrayfield in October 2018 and I can't see them ever putting in a run of 3 or 4 wins in a row as they simply do not have it in them, after they fluked a win against Rangers with that deflected goal I expected them to pick up a few points but it didn't happen.

We need to put them to the sword on Tuesday as it will kill them off...
    You could be right, it was just what I recalled from when I was 14 and my friends were proclaiming Jackson as the saviour of their season...

I've just had a look and it appears Colin Cameron only played 11 games for them that season and made 9 of them in Hearts' last 9 games where he scored 6 goals and Hearts had a dramatic upturn in form, so perhaps this was more of a factor.

They've already had their talisman return from injury this year (Naismith) and it made no difference, so I can't see any chance of them making a run like they did then.

Not that they need to, they only need to pick up 2 more points than Hamilton over their last games to avoid automatic relegation, which is a possibility given Hamiltons recent form. It'll be more difficult to avoid the playoff though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s in their own hands, I’ll give you that.

But if the fans are losing hope then it’s looking ominous for them.
    It’s not in their own hands though is it ? If they win all there games and Hamilton and at Mirren above them do the same minus the hearts game they still finish second bottom.

And the likelihood of them suddenly winning even 5 or 6 games after only winning 3 al year is highly unlikely.

I can’t see Jim Goodwin letting Saints finish bottom 2. I was impressed with them at ER recently.
    I think they’ll be safe. They’ve got a wee bit more quality than the other two IMO.

Two way fight between Hearts and Hamilton for 11th now IMO. Which is ideal as I’d like them both relegated.

I think he could be a future contender for the Hibs job. Think he's done very well at St Mirren and comes across well too.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    It’s not in their own hands though is it ? If they win all there games and Hamilton and at Mirren above them do the same minus the hearts game they still finish second bottom.

And the likelihood of them suddenly winning even 5 or 6 games after only winning 3 al year is highly unlikely.
    They still have to play St Mirren twice this season so those two games will go a long way to decide their season.

I'm all for attending the game where they go down, either through the league or via the play-offs.

Can Hamilton get a win or 2 before the split? They seem pretty hopeless too and this might be what saves Hearts in terms of automatic relegation. Their pre-split fixtures are:

Rangers (A)
    Kilmarnock (H)
    Ross County (A)
    Hibs (H)

If they can get even one win from those 4 fixtures (hopefully not against us) that should see them above Hearts going into the split and then they will face Hearts at home in a potential relegation decider

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If Hibs get into Europe, progress in the cup to the semis/final and we see Hearts and Hamilton relegated, is that the best season ever?

Sorry, with the obvious exception
    Last edited by Jones28; 26-02-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If Hibs get into Europe, progress in the cup to the semis/final and we see Hearts and Hamilton relegated, is that the best season ever?
    No. 2016.