hibs.net Messageboard

Motorcycle Accessories

Does anyone know where the best place is to get a motorcycle helmet fitted? In particular one that would offer gift vouchers. Looking to give the vouchers as a gift so he can go and choose for himself. Anywhere in Edinburgh, Fife or Perth would be grand. Many thanks in advance!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin7-0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know where the best place is to get a motorcycle helmet fitted? In particular one that would offer gift vouchers. Looking to give the vouchers as a gift so he can go and choose for himself. Anywhere in Edinburgh, Fife or Perth would be grand. Many thanks in advance!
    Saltire motorcycles on Gorgie Road or Two Wheels on Peffermill Road are two fairly big dealers that will have plenty to pick from.
    But most motorcyle shops sell kit so wouldn't recomend one over the other.
    Crash Helmets are very much, you get what you pay for. You can spend as little as £60 up to £600 and beyond but there's good helmets to fit everone's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Saltire motorcycles on Gorgie Road or Two Wheels on Peffermill Road are two fairly big dealers that will have plenty to pick from.
    Crash Helmets are very much, you get what you pay for. You can spend as little as £60 up to £600 and beyond but there's good helmets to fit everone's budget.
    That's great mate. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    I’d also recommend Saltire Motorcycles. I did my CBT for my Vespa with them and the service has always been excellent the few other times I’ve used them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’d also recommend Saltire Motorcycles. I did my CBT for my Vespa with them and the service has always been excellent the few other times I’ve used them.
    Magic thanks mate. Not sure if they’ll do gift vouchers but I’ll give them a call.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    They can be quite expensive for stuff. I find j & s accessories in hamilton are more competitive. Although I tend to buy most of my gear from ghost bikes or sportsbike shop online.
    Saltire hacked me off when they quoted me £480 for 12k service on my bike and when I got a check price from duffus in kirkcaldy it was £270 from them.
    The vespa always goes to eclipse where its £75 for a service and mot every year :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sportbikeshop.com for me. I know roughly what size I am and they offer free return and exchange. I sometimes also pop into the dealers to try it on then order from sportbikeshop

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Sportbikeshop.com for me. I know roughly what size I am and they offer free return and exchange. I sometimes also pop into the dealers to try it on then order from sportbikeshop
    Same here, I always wear shark helmets and know what size I am, admittedly from trying them on in Saltire years ago, i then popped off home and saved £100 from Ghost Bikes on my Evoline S3 i got my skwal from sports bike shop but cant remember how much cheaper it was than 2 wheels, saltire etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk