hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally think 4 points is the most we will get from the two league games. And it'll be a fairly comfortable defeat against the weegie ****.
    Both games will be extremely difficult, in fact I would say the Hamilton match was the easiest and should have been used to build confidence.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    6 points a must, the semi is a free hit at Celtc
    Ditto, with a proviso that even 6 points wouldn't be enough if we get hugely embarrassed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Happened with stubbs!!!
    Yer erse!

Stubbs was playing nice attractive football with goals and excitement aplenty. And NOT just against lower league opposition - he had us regularly beating SPL sides in the cups.

There is simply ZERO comparison to be made between Stubbs - one of the most successfull Hibs managers in my lifetime - and Heckingbottom. So give up on the idiot challenge.

Edit - just noticed the follow up posts saying you meant this in jest. Sick of revisionists trying to paint him as a failure at Hibs - ludicrous!
    Last edited by basehibby; 23-10-2019 at 05:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Yer erse!

Stubbs was playing nice attractive football with goals and excitement aplenty. And NOT just against lower league opposition - he had us regularly beating SPL sides in the cups.

There is simply ZERO comparison to be made between Stubbs - one of the most successfull Hibs managers in my lifetime - and Heckingbottom. So give up on the idiot challenge.

Edit - just noticed the follow up posts saying you meant this in jest. Sick of revisionists trying to paint him as a failure at Hibs - ludicrous!
    Yes it was meant as a joke, hence the exclamation marks at the end of it

Trying hard to lift my pessimism, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us fail to win any of the 3 games. I think teams will look forward to playing Hibs at the moment. We are a soft touch, and the crowd will be on the players backs quickly at home. It really is shocking how far backwards we have went.

I think we'll win the two home games. Celtic will raise their game for the semi I'd expect

6 points is an absolute must, I don't like making such definite statements but it really is. Then a decent, brave performance against Celtic where we have a go and take the game to them and I'll be content with that, even if we lose by 2 or 3.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 24-10-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Only 2 wins in the league will buy him more time. He will get the semi regardless now I reckon. Knowing hibs he’ll still be here come February

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    6 points is an absolute must, I don't like making such definite statements but it really is. Then a decent, brave performance against Celtic where we have a go and take the game to them and I'll be content with that, even if we lose by 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I've been hearing for weeks/months about how he needs to do this and that. He subsequently fails and the requirements are adjusted accordingly.

There's no chance of him turning it around long-term but the Board won't do anything about it until we're deep in the ****. We all suffer the consequences of it though.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

For crying out loud, surely he should have been sacked long before now. He's brought is so many players with a bad attitude; we're going nowhere fast.

What I struggle with is surely he should have our team fired up before we get onto the pitch, so we start games like a bat out of hell.

And what's the latest with Kamberi? I'm sure he's feeling as if he's all revved up with no place to go.

My worry when we get rid of Hecky is that it could be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation.

Whilst I'm talking mince, don't you think Stevie Mallan is a deadringer for Love, Graham that is!

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

For crying out loud, surely he should have been sacked long before now. He's brought is so many players with a bad attitude; we're going nowhere fast.

What I struggle with is surely he should have our team fired up before we get onto the pitch, so we start games like a bat out of hell.

And what's the latest with Kamberi? I'm sure he's feeling as if he's all revved up with no place to go.

My worry when we get rid of Hecky is that it could be an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation.

Whilst I'm talking mince, don't you think Stevie Mallan is a deadringer for Love, Graham that is!
    Well read 'em an weep, I don't think two draws was what the OP had in mind when he posted "2 out of 3 ain't bad".

It's certainly hasn't been paradise by the dashboard light with Hecky in charge.

But now he's gone. Hopefully, a new manager will identify central midfield as the position to reinforce - he'd be blind as a bat not to. We've a few lost boys and golden girls in there currently.

I still hold out for a manager that can come in and turn us around quickly. Maybe Stubbs can re-create the SC Winners mindset - heaven can wait if only he could win the cup again for us. If so, there would not be a dry eye in the house.

Whoever we get to become manager, I really hope our rock and roll dreams come true.

Confused, yes me too! You took the words right out of my mouth!

Well read 'em an weep, I don't think two draws was what the OP had in mind when he posted "2 out of 3 ain't bad".

It's certainly hasn't been paradise by the dashboard light with Hecky in charge.

But now he's gone. Hopefully, a new manager will identify central midfield as the position to reinforce - he'd be blind as a bat not to. We've a few lost boys and golden girls in there currently.

I still hold out for a manager that can come in and turn us around quickly. Maybe Stubbs can re-create the SC Winners mindset - heaven can wait if only he could win the cup again for us. If so, there would not be a dry eye in the house.

Whoever we get to become manager, I really hope our rock and roll dreams come true.

Are you having an argument with yourself?

Great post And aye, I thought he should've been punted before the Celtic game but 0 from 3 is brutal. There ain't not way I'm ever gonna love Hecky.

Sad news that Meatloaf has died at the age of 74. Listened a lot to his albums when I was in my teens/twenties - you'll see from above that I was quite a fan. What an entertainer he was!

Sad news that Meatloaf has died at the age of 74. Listened a lot to his albums when I was in my teens/twenties - you'll see from above that I was quite a fan. What an entertainer he was!
    I wondered why this thread had been resurrected... and even more why to mention Meat Loaf's passing. I get it now

Some cracking songs by a big voice over the years.