hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

The Conversations we should not be having

I really cannot believe that 9 games into the season we -10 of a GD and be 11th in League. The posts i am reading on here are like I have went on a time machine back 8-9 yrs. Talk of Fenlon etc.

The truth is Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood would have loved the opportunity given to Heckingbottom with squad and backing. I am not saying they would have done anything as I think all 3 were poor but I cannot believe how badly this has gone with everything was in place for it to go so right. ST sales, Debts cleared, Good squad (arguably) I think it was a good squad last season.

We needed a few changes but how can you be given such a shot at this and be 11th? It is totally unacceptable and there are no excuses other than he is not good enough there are no other excuses that can be used. I really cannot believe we are back to the same chats of years ago and they are not wrong either.

I would say this is quite monumental in terms of how bad Fenlon etc did but had more of an issue in squad and funds yet PH is on a par with the results with the resources Fenlon could only have dreamed of.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Good point.

Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher did **** with a **** team and **** resources. The current manager is doing **** with a half-decent team and excellent resources.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Exactly. He’s royally ****ed up and giving him more time is only delaying the inevitable and leaving us in an increasingly worse league position. He’s got to go now before it’s too late.

Left by mutual consent!
    We kept Calderwood far too long and it caused major damage. This is exactly the same scenario and it needs to be addressed pronto.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We kept Calderwood far too long and it caused major damage. This is exactly the same scenario and it needs to be addressed pronto.
    Agreed, the club is sleep walking in to another potential relegation. Us fans are banging on the door but no one is listening.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Good point.

Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher did **** with a **** team and **** resources. The current manager is doing **** with a half-decent team and excellent resources.
    I could be wrong but I suspect we'll look back at this team and describe it as **** rather than half-decent.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I really cannot believe that 9 games into the season we -10 of a GD and be 11th in League. The posts i am reading on here are like I have went on a time machine back 8-9 yrs. Talk of Fenlon etc.

The truth is Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood would have loved the opportunity given to Heckingbottom with squad and backing. I am not saying they would have done anything as I think all 3 were poor but I cannot believe how badly this has gone with everything was in place for it to go so right. ST sales, Debts cleared, Good squad (arguably) I think it was a good squad last season.

We needed a few changes but how can you be given such a shot at this and be 11th? It is totally unacceptable and there are no excuses other than he is not good enough there are no other excuses that can be used. I really cannot believe we are back to the same chats of years ago and they are not wrong either.

I would say this is quite monumental in terms of how bad Fenlon etc did but had more of an issue in squad and funds yet PH is on a par with the results with the resources Fenlon could only have dreamed of.
    He is seriously underachieving with the squad/budget he has and we are seriously s h i t e, LD must chop him before things get any worse!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Typical Hibs: one step forward then two backwards. Just when we think the club is on a good footing and we are heading the right way, we get this. It never seems to change.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875