hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has anyone dared consider ...

I am thinking more and more that we are relegation fodder. 2nd bottom looking down at the teams below fills me with fear in any play off situation.

Cannot see us moving much from our position, maybe drop to the bottom? And, in my view, Hibernian FC are in a crisis. We are absolutely and completely rubbish!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    If you believe that then you should bet on it, you will get good odds.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I said on here a few weeks ago that we are favourites for relegation. I don’t see much to change my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvellous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you believe that then you should bet on it, you will get good odds.
    I don't bet mate.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I am thinking more and more that we are relegation fodder. 2nd bottom looking down at the teams below fills me with fear in any play off situation.

Cannot see us moving much from our position, maybe drop to the bottom? And, in my view, Hibernian FC are in a crisis. We are absolutely and completely rubbish!
    Absolutely.

Too much emphasis Is being put on whether we are better than the last Hibs team to get relegated, we’re not playing against them so it’s irrelevant if this side is better or worse than Butchers Hibs.

I think there’s comparables with the Dundee United side that went down a few years ago and if we get Heckingbottoms replacement wrong there is comparables with the Dundee side that got relegated last season.

We’re not keeping clean sheets or scoring many goals, that’s not a good combination.

Anyone who's not considering it is deluded, including our current management and above

On current form absolutely . If St Johnstone manage to string a couple of wins together which they usually do were going end up rock bottom pretty soon .

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

We are 2 wins away from being in the top half of the league are we not? I think the manager now has to go but dont think we will be anywhere near relegation at the end of the season

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    We are 2 wins away from being in the top half of the league are we not? I think the manager now has to go but dont think we will be anywhere near relegation at the end of the season
    I genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from,at the present rate..

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    I genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from,at the present rate..
    In all honesty after hamilton I cant either but if we get a new manager in we might get a bit of a boost

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    I don’t think we will to be honest.

Looking at the 9 games we have played, only Rangers and Motherwell have given us a dull one. Every other game we have more than been in and I’ve not looked at any one else and thought they were much better than us.

Our issue is cutting edge. Playing 1 up top is fine if you have 2/3/4 players behind that are contributing goals. Sadly we aren’t getting that. We seem to have a manager that will not deviate from it and we are not really good enough to hold a 1 goal lead.

Sadly I think we will be left with the same sort of boring narrow defeats, wins or low scoring draws until he is out the door. I

At this point though I still think we will be fine. But that’s not really acceptable in terms of were we should be.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    The OP obviously hasn't been following Hibs net.

Its a possibility. And the fact its a possibility is a disgrace.

Its similar to when we went down. The same old "we will win next week relax" attitude. Doesnt work like that.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar

It's October.

It's a tough one, because I don't think we're a bad side and some of the more recent performances have been decent.

But, we aren't keeping clean sheets and other than St Johnstone, I don't think we've scored more than once in the league?

Not a great recipe for winning matches unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    It's October.
    And we are second bottom with one win and a goal difference of -10. We are most definitely in the relegation mix.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    The OP obviously hasn't been following Hibs net.
    I do but have been out for a few weeks.

Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs
    I genuinely can't see where these 'two wins' are coming from, at the present rate..

Exactly where I'm coming from.

I am genuinely worried and can see the signs get more clear after every game.

I can't believe anyone who's been awake the last few weeks *hasn't* considered we could go down again.

Confidence is rock bottom, we're soft as ***** and even when there's a brief ray of light we conspire to **** it up and don't win.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Anyone who is not concerned has their head in the sand,the last time we were relegated we were only"just a couple of wins away" from being safe,it is a disgrace to be where we are at the moment,especially with the budget we have against the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I said on here a few weeks ago that we are favourites for relegation. I don’t see much to change my opinion.
    100% we are not favourites to go down. What odds would you give for Hamilton, St J and Hibs for relegation?

Looks very much like we will be in a relegation battle this season. We have no confidence, cant score and cant keep clean sheets. Looks all to familiar to previous relegation seasons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    100% we are not favourites to go down. What odds would you give for Hamilton, St J and Hibs for relegation?
    We can’t beat any of the teams you mentioned. They also have better managers than us.

It's been the same since the end of last season. Football - woeful. Heckingbottom seems to be at a loss on home to change it. Players seem to be disillusioned with where they fit into the team (Marciano/kamberi recent comments). We've brought in some really poor players. I know folk are seeing something in doidge but I'm just not seeing it.

Is it likely we'll get relegated? I don't think so but the rate we're going we'll be lucky to hit 8th

First Team Breakthrough
    After the last two away games at Aberdeen and Hamilton coming out both theses games at the final whistle did'nt feel like draws they both felt like defeats. I genuinely believe that we will win the next two home games coming up but if two wins are not achieved at ER his position must be seriously considered. He must throw caution to the wind and play both Doidge and Kamberi up front even if that means sacrificing both Allan and Mallan in midfield.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    We play St Johnstone soon, that'll be their first win. Guaranteed

I'm just totally fed up .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    I'm just totally fed up .
    This. Since the game finished on Saturday iv constantly been checking to see if there is news about him being sacked. I was hoping for news this morning and you can imagine how deflated I was not seeing anything.

This simply cannot go on. 11th in the league and losing fans and any feel good factor at an alarming rate.

I hope we get hammered next week and hecky gets sacked

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Absolutely we are in the mix, regardless of how early it is we need to stop turning winning positions into draws.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone dared consider........Hearts might get relegated?