hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January Window

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don’t have any money.

Hence why Shaw was being used for a swap / loan option.
    I don’t believe that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I’m worried that Hecky has already used the budget that would normally have been kept for January.

It must have cost a bit to lure the players from England, who irrespective how good or bad they play, would have been on more than is normally paid at Hibs.
    Forest Green, Rotherham, Barnsley back up, Yeovil and a loanee from Preston. I keep hearing these guys have gobbled up the budget and I don't buy it. If Hibs aren't substantially cash rich come the AGM then my bull****ometer will be going off.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I don’t believe that.
    Agreed. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a separate piece of the budget kept for January. Too many things can happen from August to December for us to not account for the Jan window.

Omeonga if at all possible.

Replacing the useless manager should be the priority

Omeonga

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'd agree there's enough in that squad to get top 6. Don't think a lot of the players are as bad as people are making them out to be.
    Football fans deal in expressions such as abysmal, hopeless and POOR when not happy - but the truth is that most of Heck's signings have been bang average as opposed to exceptionally poor. As we all know, this may be a reasonable strategy for signing the odd squad filler but what we badly needed close season were some players who were going to RAISE the bar and make themselves immediate first team fixtures with immediate effect. This did not materialiase, which is why we now find ourselves propping up the table.

As someone has pointed out elsewhere on this thread, Doidge for example, may have been a reasonable signing if he had been signed as a squad player to give us another option up front. As it goes, he appears to have been signed more with the idea of building a team around him - and in that context he IS ****ing hopeless. He simply has not shown sufficient class to survive at SPL level as a principal getter of goals and it is this major misjudgement of the qualities required on Heckingbottom's part which has dumped us in the doodoo.

It's a couple of BAR RAISING players we really need in January - it hardly really matters what positions as long as they significantly raise the bar - but the Forward positions are the most obviously crying out for surgery along with defensive mid.
    Last edited by basehibby; 22-10-2019 at 01:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Football fans deal in expressions such as abysmal, hopeless and POOR when not happy - but the truth is that most of Heck's signings have been bang average as opposed to exceptionally poor. As we all know, this may be a reasonable strategy for signing the odd squad filler but what we badly needed close season were some players who were going to RAISE the bar and make themselves immediate first team fixtures with immediate effect. This did not materialiase, which is why we now find ourselves propping up the table.

As someone has pointed out elsewhere on this thread, Doidge for example, may have been a reasonable signing if he had been signed as a squad player to give us another option up front. As it goes, he appears to have been signed more with the idea of building a team around him - and in that context he IS ****ing hopeless. He simply has not shown sufficient class to survive at SPL level as a principal getter of goals and it is this major misjudgement of the qualities required on Heckingbottom's part which has dumped us in the doodoo.

It's a couple of BAR RAISING players we really need in January - it hardly really matters what positions as long as they significantly raise the bar - but the Forward positions are the most obviously crying out for surgery along with defensive mid.
    We need REAL quality bad!

Enough with this English lower league pish already!

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Omeonga if at all possible.
    He and Liam Henderson are finding first team football limited. Dylan McGeouch is in and out at Sunderland too.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    We need REAL quality bad!

Enough with this English lower league pish already!
    We certainly do need some quality players, however I think signings like Bartley, Fontaine and Gray prove that there's nothing inherently wrong with signing players from the English lower leagues.

Just need to be better at selecting them than we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    He and Liam Henderson are finding first team football limited. Dylan McGeouch is in and out at Sunderland too.
    Any of them would be so ideal. They're all perfect examples of what we're missing in midfield.

I’d rather a new manager in if it meant no new signings. I think the signings are poor quality but a decent manager would still manage to get more out the current squad.

Something dramatic to give the place a lift would be great, but unlikely, Lee Griffiths on loan being the very obvious one, however our still poor relationship with Celtic leaves this very unlikely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Something dramatic to give the place a lift would be great, but unlikely, Lee Griffiths on loan being the very obvious one, however our still poor relationship with Celtic leaves this very unlikely.
    I think the relationship may have been mended a little with Petrie leaving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    I’d rather a new manager in if it meant no new signings. I think the signings are poor quality but a decent manager would still manage to get more out the current squad.
    Our only hope is the ‘new manager boost’ effect. It’s not guaranteed to happen but there’s always the possibility. It happened when the present incumbent took over the Lennon inertia. There’s enough quality in the existing squad to get 9th or 10th spot, although the post split matches will be nail-biting nightmare.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Our only hope is the ‘new manager boost’ effect. It’s not guaranteed to happen but there’s always the possibility. It happened when the present incumbent took over the Lennon inertia. There’s enough quality in the existing squad to get 9th or 10th spot, although the post split matches will be nail-biting nightmare.
    Enough quality to gain us 1 possibly 2 places, sorry but that squad is actually a decent squad if they get the finger out, we are not even halfway through the season yet, we are more than capable of finishing in the top half if we get a new manager and a couple of decent strikers in january

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    We don’t have any money.

Hence why Shaw was being used for a swap / loan option.
    We didn't have any money, we will come January. Semi final cash will help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Enough quality to gain us 1 possibly 2 places, sorry but that squad is actually a decent squad if they get the finger out, we are not even halfway through the season yet, we are more than capable of finishing in the top half if we get a new manager and a couple of decent strikers in january
    Of course you’re right, in theory, but in reality, I just don’t see it happening. I’ll adjust my statement to 7th or 8th in deference to your optimism.

Can see us cashing in on Kamberi. I'd be gutted if so, but we would need to go out and get a goal scorer.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Of course you’re right, in theory, but in reality, I just don’t see it happening. I’ll adjust my statement to 7th or 8th in deference to your optimism.
    That's better!! I genuinely cant see us in the same position in the summer but this has all been said before as we all know