hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Comparing the two managers is hard, due to very different circumstances.

Fenlon presided over two of the worst results in our history, it’s hard to ever forget that. However, he did have us playing well for a part of his second season. The football was actually attractive to watch and guys like Wotherspoon, Claros and Doyle helped give Leigh a platform to display his talents.

Unfortunately, Heckingbottoms teams don’t exactly dwell on the finer points of the game. Risk averse and seemingly only capable of losing badly or stifling the life out the opposition for a torturous point. It somehow reminds me of watching us under Bertie Auld or Miller (during our turgid phases).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    klopp seems like a great guy.

butcher seems like an absolute bellend.
    Exactly. And in the case of Butcher there's no "seems like" about it he IS an absolute bellend. By miles the worst manager we've ever had and, from what I've heard, an utterly obnoxious person. I've no idea whether PH is a nice guy or not. But I am sure he's a **** manager.
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 20-10-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Not sure what you’ve taken exception to or why my apathy (of which I’d also be surprised if I was the only apathetic Hibee out there) bothers you. I mentioned my daughter in a follow up post to mention that I do have a season ticket (it might have sounded like I had stopped going, like I did under Fenlon) but I sometimes choose to do something else than to use it.

I read the site as there’s more forums than just the main forum, and also read the main forum to see what’s being said and in hope of a managerial change. Some threads will interest me enough to post on them, the majority don’t, it’s really not anymore complicated than that.
    I’m not taking exception, I’m replying in the time honoured fashion. I don’t care about what else you read. It’s mind boggling you wouldn’t be interested in the Hibs score - that’s what you wrote. And its what I quoted when I replied. You said nowt about your family or your season ticket when you posted, only about checking your Fantasy Football.
    I cannot think of a Hibby of any description (and we all know a few of all descriptions) who wouldn’t want to know how the Hibs game was going.

It’s basically, politely, ****ing radge.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Shook his hand in the international after the match. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all the attention he was getting - came across as just another fan enjoying a pint and savouring an historic victory.
    One of the good guys for sure 👍

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’m not taking exception, I’m replying in the time honoured fashion. I don’t care about what else you read. It’s mind boggling you wouldn’t be interested in the Hibs score - that’s what you wrote. And its what I quoted when I replied. You said nowt about your family or your season ticket when you posted, only about checking your Fantasy Football.
    I cannot think of a Hibby of any description (and we all know a few of all descriptions) who wouldn’t want to know how the Hibs game was going.

It’s basically, politely, ****ing radge.
    Well, I think you’d be best re-reading my post. I said I find myself checking my fantasy league team BEFORE I check the Hibs score. You’ve then gone off on one about me “not wanting to know how the Hibs game was going”. I’ll leave you to it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Well, I think you’d be best re-reading my post. I said I find myself checking my fantasy league team BEFORE I check the Hibs score. You’ve then gone off on one about me “not wanting to know how the Hibs game was going”. I’ll leave you to it.
    Like I said. Weird.
    Cut it any way you want. It’s radge.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    give Leigh a platform to display his talents.
    I think if Heckingbottom’s team had a Griffiths, playing the way he did in Fenlon’s team, we’d be much higher up the league.

I had high hope that Kamberi would be a 20 goal a season man like Riordan, Stokes or Griffiths but it doesn’t look like he is unfortunately. This Hibs team sorely needs a ‘Griffiths’.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I think if Heckingbottom’s team had a Griffiths, playing the way he did in Fenlon’s team, we’d be much higher up the league.

I had high hope that Kamberi would be a 20 goal a season man like Riordan, Stokes or Griffiths but it doesn’t look like he is unfortunately. This Hibs team sorely needs a ‘Griffiths’.
    Given the way we line up I’m sure Griffiths would struggle to score goals in that team.

Pat inherited an absolute disaster and gave it everything he could. It's hard to get away from the fact that ultimately he put the relegation squad together, but I'm convinced he was far from helped by what was the Hibs board of the time and specifically Petrie.

PH has everything in place to succeed and our current failings all stop at his door.

I agree that it is more Calderwood than Fenlon. Calderwood inherited something, and turned it into the disaster that Fenlon inherited. Heckingbottom inherited the imperfect but "something to work with" situation from Lennon and appears to have turned it into turd.