Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ll start. Derek Riordan.
    Good shout.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’ll start. Derek Riordan.
    Just to correct you as that is nonsense, Derek Riordan signed for Celtic from Hibs when he was 23, the previous 3 seasons he was Hibs top scorer with 18,23 and 20 goals.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Just to correct you as that is nonsense, Derek Riordan signed for Celtic from Hibs when he was 23, the previous 3 seasons he was Hibs top scorer with 18,23 and 20 goals.
    Not really nonsense then is it, he only started scoring for us in the 2003/4 season so he would have been 20 going on 21 that season and then got better as he turned 21

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    He was on loan at Cowdenbeath at 20. I’m puzzled how he was playing regularly for Hibs before he was 21.

@hibs.net private member
    He was on loan at Cowdenbeath at 20. I’m puzzled how he was playing regularly for Hibs before he was 21.
    He had just (same month) turned 20 when his loan ended and he came back to Hibs..January 2003..became a regular thereafter ....

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post
    I agree about both teams giving away possession but thought Hibs were by far the better team. Playing football was difficult on a heavy bumpy pitch.

Fraser Murray and Jamie Gullan stood out.

I was sitting behind the Hibs bench and was surprised at the number of coaching staff we have - Combe, May, Mikel and Nish who were joined by Hecky and Stockdale (tho they didn't really get involved) and I believe Grant Murray was there too as well as Gareth Evans who was sitting with George Craig in the stand.

I was disappointed with the communication from the bench to the players as it seemed to be very critical as opposed to offering encouragement or praise, when due.
    There didn't seem to be a great team spirit!
    Agree - Murray and Gullan the standouts. I would get them both in 1st team.

Pitch awful - wonder if it was a deliberate tactic by Hearts but poor surface considering a nice set up - parking was tough though but liked the cafe etc at side and behind goals.

Wind didn’t help game but Hibs definitely played better football - but like the 1st team couldn’t find the final quality.

Do we have any strikers other than Shaw coming through ?

Also coaches at Hamilton and today don’t look professional standing up and yelling mostly negative instructions.

I said above but slightly worrying that both teams weren’t up to much for the sake of Scottish Football. What is it with Scottish players playing long diagonal passes and keepers rarely playing out from the back. Maybe that’s where we are that England / Old Firm hoover up the talent and other Scottish teams youth set ups are now similar standard to non league.

Testimonial Due
    Possibly. But it also be because he’s not suited to one up top.

I guess we find out when Hecky gets punted.
    Needs to play as a two upfront. Good finisher. Him and Flo would do it. Find the Dog another home.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Pitch awful - wonder if it was a deliberate tactic by Hearts but poor surface considering a nice set up - parking was tough though but liked the cafe etc at side and behind goals.

Wind didn’t help game but Hibs definitely played better football - but like the 1st team couldn’t find the final quality.

Also coaches at Hamilton and today don’t look professional standing up and yelling mostly negative instructions.

I said above but slightly worrying that both teams weren’t up to much for the sake of Scottish Football. What is it with Scottish players playing long diagonal passes and keepers rarely playing out from the back. Maybe that’s where we are that England / Old Firm hoover up the talent and other Scottish teams youth set ups are now similar standard to non league.
    Its a rugby pitch - assuming they played on the grass next to the cafe. They have only just started letting football teams book it out. But it will get ruined if both sports are active on it.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Its a rugby pitch - assuming they played on the grass next to the cafe. They have only just started letting football teams book it out. But it will get ruined if both sports are active on it.
    I think they want to make it 3G for both sports.

Tynecastle being using it - not sure how it is for them but grass was definitely too long yesterday. At the same time it showed who could control the ball as often players are spoilt on perfect surfaces.

Preferred it to Oriam indoor which is too big and soulless. Oriam outdoor is ok though.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    1-1.

Good work by Doig on left and cross - Hearts keeepr Zamal flapped at it and Shaw heads into empty net.
    That boy Doig is only half the player big Chris is.

Gullan is out on loan at Raith Rovers, so can't be put in the first team.