hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newall

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 years ago this guy would have been laughed off the training pitch. How our squad has went backwards.
    Yet he has consistently played at a higher level than the majority of the Hibs team ever will.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yet he has consistently played at a higher level than the majority of the Hibs team ever will.
    He’s played in the Championship with Rotherham & Peterborough. Hardly the dizzy heights. I expect most of our players have played or could play at that level and could also argue are doing so now!

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    He’s played in the Championship with Rotherham & Peterborough. Hardly the dizzy heights. I expect most of our players have played or could play at that level and could also argue are doing so now!
    Hibs in the SPL isn't some difficult challenge either. Plenty of guys from lower level than that have strolled it here.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Scott Allan never played regularly at that level don't think David Gray did either. Not saying Newell is amazing but he should be doing well up here as think majority of Spfl outside the obvious 2 is probably league 1.

Joe Newell doesn’t have the heart or the desire to succeed up here. He’s been here since June and has had 1 half decent game away to Hamilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This clown in the papers today saying “no panic at hibs after 8 games without a win”.

Apparently we’re playing well and not getting the breaks just now.

GTF and take your pal Hecky with you

Some of the comments on this and other threads. When did a section of our support become such graceless buffoons or is it simply social media giving a voice to those who would have been ignored in the past?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This clown in the papers today saying “no panic at hibs after 8 games without a win”.

No need like. What do you want him to say? We’re ***** and he wish he never signed?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Joe Newell doesn’t have the heart or the desire to succeed up here. He’s been here since June and has had 1 half decent game away to Hamilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe he’s turned the corner and realises it’s going to be tougher than he imagined or maybe I’ve just woken up soft as **** towards players still playing for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Some of the comments on this and other threads. When did a section of our support become such graceless buffoons or is it simply social media giving a voice to those who would have been ignored in the past?
    I think it comes down to the inability of folk these days to say 'aye, I got that one wrong' when it comes to anything in life, far less just football. It's almost as if a development that takes people by surprise (like Newell having a good game, or the Brexit vote, or anything at all) is a signal to aggressively deny reality online and argue black is white

The resurrection of the'Joe Joe, Super Joe, Super Joe Newell' song must be in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No need like. What do you want him to say? We’re ***** and he wish he never signed?
    To say he knows we’ve not been great and will get better. Instead of kidding himself on that we’ve been good and somehow unlucky.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar

Calling any Hibs player a clown is not on. Maybe it’s you who should GTF off this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Calling any Hibs player a clown is not on. Maybe it’s you who should GTF off this forum.
    He’s been called much worse on here before his one good game at the weekend. He must have changed a few opinions of himself after his masterclass in a 1-1 draw with Hamilton.

And I’ll call him what I want thanks very much

Left by mutual consent!
    To say he knows we’ve not been great and will get better. Instead of kidding himself on that we’ve been good and somehow unlucky.
    It’s lip service to the media. I’m glad he’s showing a little bit of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    It’s lip service to the media. I’m glad he’s showing a little bit of confidence.
    And what has this confidence got us in the last 8 games ? Or since he signed in fact ? He’s kidding himself on if he thinks everything’s rosey and we’ve been unlucky. Like I said though, glad you agree with him and think everything is alright

He’s been called much worse on here before his one good game at the weekend. He must have changed a few opinions of himself after his masterclass in a 1-1 draw with Hamilton.

Says more about you than me. I’ll back the players rather than slate them though... thanks very much.

Another keyboard warrior I see. Would you call him what you want if you met him? Nah, didn't think so.

Says more about you than me. I’ll back the players rather than slate them though... thanks very much.
    You mustn’t be one of the fans booing recently then ? Happy with the way things are going ? Find it strange more people have taken offence to him being called a clown than the fact he thinks we’ve been good.

We spend hard earned money to watch that crap and he’s giving it the “we’ve been playing well” crap. Aye ok

No need to say anything. Do it on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    Another keyboard warrior I see. Would you call him what you want if you met him? Nah, didn't think so.
    Keyboard warrior ? For calling him a clown ? Very good!

I certainly would call him a clown for his comments in the paper today yes. I’m sure he wouldn’t be as offended as the gentle souls on here this morning.

He was decent against st Mirren aswell so that’s 2 games not that it changes much overall hasn’t been good enough but won’t wrote him off yet

You mustn’t be one of the fans booing recently then ? Happy with the way things are going ? Find it strange more people have taken offence to him being called a clown than the fact he thinks we’ve been good.

We spend hard earned money to watch that crap and he’s giving it the “we’ve been playing well” crap. Aye ok

No need to say anything. Do it on the pitch
    Say he’s pish or whatever but calling him a clown isn’t on.

He’s not said we been good either but improving and played well on Saturday. I’m not booing my team after getting a point away from home no. You bash on though.

He’s not said we been good either but improving and played well on Saturday.

“It’s frustrating but I think if we were playing poorly and not winning then there would be alarm bells. But I think the lads have been playing well”

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Pleased Joe Newall had a good game on Saturday and proved his doubters wrong ( myself included) hopefully he can kick on on Saturday and help us to three valuable points versus the Staggies

Depends what kind of clown. If Super Joe Newell is a Pennywise sort of clown that would be really useful on the wing. Scare his fullback crapless. Probably actually eat him in fact. Ronald Mcdonald or Mister Tumble from cbeebies, not so much.

“It’s frustrating but I think if we were playing poorly and not winning then there would be alarm bells. But I think the lads have been playing well”
    Which is a fair point based on last couple of games. I’m sure you’ll agree we missed a few simple chances that could’ve seen us four points better off.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Pleased Joe Newall had a good game on Saturday and proved his doubters wrong ( myself included) hopefully he can kick on on Saturday and help us to three valuable points versus the Staggies
    I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday, particularly at his first half performance.
    I confess I nearly turned back on the motorway when I heard him named in the team.

It would be great if he surprises me again on Saturday!

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Depends what kind of clown. If Super Joe Newell is a Pennywise sort of clown that would be really useful on the wing. Scare his fullback crapless. Probably actually eat him in fact. Ronald Mcdonald or Mister Tumble from cbeebies, not so much.
    I actually find Mr Tumble scarier than Pennywise tbh

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Has he though? Hamilton are rotten and Joe played better in the context of doing it against a team that offered nothing. It's hardly proof that he's an asset and certainly not enough to silence the doubters.

You are obviously the prime example of a fickle fan if you've changed your opinion on the back of that. I'll wait for a run of good form from him and maybe a decent shift against a better side. I'm not holding my breath though.

The thing is with Newell is that he played relatively well against St.Mirren at the start of the season then was shocking a week later at ibrox and subbed at half time. He needs to follow it up and show some consistency. When he signed Rotherham fans said he is the kind of player that puts in 1 good performance every 10 games. Thats not good enough for hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Has he though? Hamilton are rotten and Joe played better in the context of doing it against a team that offered nothing. It's hardly proof that he's an asset and certainly not enough to silence the doubters.

You are obviously the prime example of a fickle fan if you've changed your opinion on the back of that. I'll wait for a run of good form from him and maybe a decent shift against a better side. I'm not holding my breath though.
    On the other side of the coin, you have based your opinon on Newell on 90mins vs St Mirren and 45 mins at Ibrox. Similar time to make a negative judgement on him. Exactly the same as the positive poster really!

I am somewhere in the middle, i think he looks a good player. Left sided players always look more elegant than right footed players. Its obvious he lacks blistering pace but Horgan has had way more chances this season. Give him a run and we can see what he can do.