hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newall

Testimonial Due

Joe Newall

How did he play? Hibs TV were raving about him? Is this his one 10 good games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He was very good first 15/20 minutes. Disappeared after that.

Newell had a decent hour,then tired

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I thought he was our best player yesterday. The best I’ve seen him play.

Brilliant in the first half, faded a bit in the second half.

6/10. People are getting a bit carried away with their description of his performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was our best player yesterday. One of the very few that tried to be positive and make things happen.

Not seen a great deal of him apart from the odd 10 mins here and there but going by the 1st half on the match thread he played decent, Rotherham fans say the same, looks good in spurts and the odd 30 ins but inconsistent.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He had a good game yesterday, certainly played well for more than 15 or 20 minutes that has been suggested, for me he is better suited to playing more central than out wide but he also put in some decent crosses yesterday from the wing

Good performance. Another player now settled into a side that is dominating the vast majority of games.

3 years ago this guy would have been laughed off the training pitch. How our squad has went backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good performance. Another player now settled into a side that is dominating the vast majority of games.
    Dominating the vast majority 😂

Your trolling is relentless. We were honking after they scored. As per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dominating the vast majority 😂
    Take it you dont agree?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Your trolling is relentless. We were honking after they scored. As per usual.
    Not trolling just not a sheep

Settled in to a side is failing to win the vast majority of games you mean?

Not trolling just not a sheep
    A few weeks ago folk that wanted Heck out were the trolls and everyone else was the sheep. You're still on the sheep side of things though the flock has moved. That's baaaaaaad for you.

You joined this forum at the same time Heckingbottom in February, you're persistent backing of the manager and his team are bordering on creepy, I think you are Paul Heckingbottom and I want to claim my £10 prize.

Take it you dont agree?
    Of course not. We have dominated the majority of one game, when up against ten men. The rest has been a mixture of average/***** hoofball with little to no end product. We are still on one league win and if Hearts get a result today will be sitting 11th.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 20-10-2019 at 11:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He was very good first 15/20 minutes. Disappeared after that.
    That just isn’t true. He was excellent for 65 minutes but looked burst after that. Understandable as he hasn’t played much for us this season. Would’ve liked to have seen him come off for Middleton after his rave reviews for the u21s.

He had a really good game.

Good driving runs which got us up the pitch, not scared to take his man on and put in several good crosses. Pops up in different areas of the pitch and finds space really well, couple of nice deft touches too and seemed to link up well with Doidge.

The run for Horgans chance was brilliant. He started it in our own half and two 1-2’s later he’s at their box and puts it on a plate for him

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    That just isn’t true. He was excellent for 65 minutes but looked burst after that. Understandable as he hasn’t played much for us this season. Would’ve liked to have seen him come off for Middleton after his rave reviews for the u21s.
    I attended with a mate who had decided he was going to count the number of times he touched the ball, expecting single figures.

After ten minutes he gave up.

Definitely his best game for Hibs, although he did tire after an hour or so.
    Sadly Hecky doesn't really 'do' substitutions when needed.
    Nor does he change tactics/team shape over much.

Could we not at least spell his name right?

Left by mutual consent!
    Take it you dont agree?
    Come on tell us, what has Heckingbottom seen you do or have a photo of you doing that you shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Come on tell us, what has Heckingbottom seen you do or have a photo of you doing that you shouldn't?
    It is the other way around. We've all seen pics of Heck doing something he shouldn't be doing... MANAGING HIBERNIAN FC!!!

What an utter bore it is that everything has to come down to whether you’re for or against Heckingbottom. People even being ‘accused’ of being Heckingbottom- utterly pathetic.

Newall played well for most of the time he was on and rightfully got a decent ovation when he went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    What an utter bore it is that everything has to come down to whether you’re for or against Heckingbottom. People even being ‘accused’ of being Heckingbottom- utterly pathetic.

Newall played well for most of the time he was on and rightfully got a decent ovation when he went off.
    I've been his biggest critic so far and I despaired when I saw he was starting yesterday but he did well particularly first half and I would fully expect him to keep his place in the team next week.

If players do well I'll compliment them, there's nothing to be gained by digging in and refusing to give praise due to some warped agenda.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You joined this forum at the same time Heckingbottom in February, you're persistent backing of the manager and his team are bordering on creepy, I think you are Paul Heckingbottom and I want to claim my £10 prize.

Ha ha, give him the £10 it might cover the taxi to the Waverley where he can catch his train home, bye.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    He had a good game yesterday, certainly played well for more than 15 or 20 minutes that has been suggested, for me he is better suited to playing more central than out wide but he also put in some decent crosses yesterday from the wing

Of course! Another attacking midfielder. Just like right backs, you can never have enough.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He had a really good game.

Good driving runs which got us up the pitch, not scared to take his man on and put in several good crosses. Pops up in different areas of the pitch and finds space really well, couple of nice deft touches too and seemed to link up well with Doidge.

The run for Horgans chance was brilliant. He started it in our own half and two 1-2’s later he’s at their box and puts it on a plate for him

I’ve been pretty critical of Newell but he done well on Saturday. Hopefully the start of him showing what he can do and why he’s played at a decent level.