hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was amongst the first abused on here for calling for his head and the fact he's still here casts disgrace on all involved at the club.

However bad he is though, he is not as bad as THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0juSJ6f3X24

Unfortunately CH, we say that every week, yet we don't win and he's still here taking us down the table.
    Aye but you weren't the first to want Lennon out, so you can be seen to want secondbottom punted.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    But now you have the pleasure of telling everybody "I told you so!"

I don’t think anyone actually wanted that. It’s far too far gone to gloat about telling anyone so.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    But now you have the pleasure of telling everybody "I told you so!"

So be sure to listen next time

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Aye but you weren't the first to want Lennon out, so you can be seen to want secondbottom punted.
    Can I be the first to want Lennon back in?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I don’t think anyone actually wanted that. It’s far too far gone to gloat about telling anyone so.
    Sadly, that's very true. A poster used the term 'sleepwalking' after the Accies game and that's certainly how it feels.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    So be sure to listen next time

Can I be the first to want Lennon back in?

Sadly, that's very true. A poster used the term 'sleepwalking' after the Accies game and that's certainly how it feels.

. #squirm
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 22-10-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    As I said on another thread.

If enough of us turned up to EM on Monday morning and never let him in the building, there'd be skidders in his pants and he'd walk.
    Or the club would correctly phone the police and everyone involved would be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    I have not been back since the hertz game,i am a ST holder for more years than i can remember,but i will not be back until this impostor is gone.
    Can you explain why he is an impostor? He isn't an impostor at all, he just isn't very good at his job.

Is that what you tell yourself instead of admitting you only really support Hibs when times are good?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    He is undoubtedly our Cathro. Thinks you can management is all methodology rather than people skills. Plays games in theory rather than seeing obvious problems that are in front of his nose.
    Nothing like Cathro. You actually think he could ever win a derby away from home?

ST holder and I have also not been back since the derby, think it's unfair to call out fans for refusing to attend under this clown.

Arguably doing more for the good of the club by staying away, than they would be by continuing to turn up to watch the mob he has turned us into.

An empty ER at 3pm on Saturday would do the trick, make no mistake about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    ST holder and I have also not been back since the derby, think it's unfair to call out fans for refusing to attend under this clown.

Arguably doing more for the good of the club by staying away, than they would be by continuing to turn up to watch the mob he has turned us into.

An empty ER at 3pm on Saturday would do the trick, make no mistake about that.
    Why is he a clown? He just isn't very good at his job, nothing more. Definitely not doing good for the club by abandoning them when the times get tough. Why should the players perform and the manager bother when you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why is he a clown? He just isn't very good at his job, nothing more. Definitely not doing good for the club by abandoning them when the times get tough. Why should the players perform and the manager bother when you don't?
    Because they get paid for the privilege, rather than have to pay for it. And they’re professionals.

Watching this garbage, I wouldn’t blame anybody for ‘not bothering’.

Have supported us through tough times in the past, and will do again in the future. Our current situation is that bad, outcome so obvious - that it's just farcical now.

To be honest, I don't want the manager to bother doing anything. I just want the board to stop being negligent/deluded/both and act in the best interest of the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Watched Hibs for 40 odd years and the majority of managers we've had have been poor to average but I haven't seen such an adverse reaction to a manager so early in his Hibs career that Paul Heckingbottom is currently experiencing. Maybe our expectations have been raised but I think the criticism is over the top, it's a game of fine margins and we could have got more points from four or five games this season. I'm not convinced that changing the manager at this stage will make a big difference. Unless it really goes South, I'd give the manager two full rounds of fixtures before contemplating a replacement. Don't think the football is that bad, just lacking a bit of confidence.

If Ross county win we will be 8 points behind them. 8

Should and rightfully be sacked.

I almost think winning an ugly one nil is just prolonging the inevitable. How bad does it have to get because it’s only one place getting any worse. Should be sacked a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    If Ross county win we will be 8 points behind them. 8

Should and rightfully be sacked.

I almost think winning an ugly one nil is just prolonging the inevitable. How bad does it have to get because it’s only one place getting any worse. Should be sacked a month ago.
    That’s where I am.

I actually think we’ll get a win on Saturday. But long term it’s done. Even if we get beat, they’re not going to act and I think that’s what makes me feel even worse.

Always thought that when Dempster punted Lennon we would regret it. This blow is only softened by the fact that Lennon would have jumped ship anyway when the Celtic job came up.

Must admit I am undecided about Heckingbottom. Given our history, we are due a couple of lean years after the last 2 or 3 went well. The difference this time however is that Hibs as a club are stable, financially secure and well run. In the past a struggling Hibs team tended to go hand in hand with turmoil at board level and a shortage of cash.

This gives me optimism that we can get out of this rut. This is dependent though on the next two home games when wins are a must. Can see things getting ugly if we go behind on Saturday. 4 points from the next two home games, which will keep us off bottom spot allied to at least pushing Celtic close in the semi will keep Heckingbottom in his job. Anything less than this with Hibs being bottom of the table will see him go...he will deserve the sack it if this happens.

This could lead to a domino effect at the club. Gordon taking a more active role, Dempster leaving, coaching staff leaving and wholesale changes with the playing staff. All very expensive.

This probable sequence of events is all dependent on the next 3 games which could have a lasting effect on the club for a years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Always thought that when Dempster punted Lennon we would regret it. This blow is only softened by the fact that Lennon would have jumped ship anyway when the Celtic job came up.

Must admit I am undecided about Heckingbottom. Given our history, we are due a couple of lean years after the last 2 or 3 went well. The difference this time however is that Hibs as a club are stable, financially secure and well run. In the past a struggling Hibs team tended to go hand in hand with turmoil at board level and a shortage of cash.

This gives me optimism that we can get out of this rut. This is dependent though on the next two home games when wins are a must. Can see things getting ugly if we go behind on Saturday. 4 points from the next two home games, which will keep us off bottom spot allied to at least pushing Celtic close in the semi will keep Heckingbottom in his job. Anything less than this with Hibs being bottom of the table will see him go...he will deserve the sack it if this happens.

This could lead to a domino effect at the club. Gordon taking a more active role, Dempster leaving, coaching staff leaving and wholesale changes with the playing staff. All very expensive.

This probable sequence of events is all dependent on the next 3 games which could have a lasting effect on the club for a years.
    When Lennon left there is always a chance we'd regret it. Appointing any new management team has it's risks. LD has a good record of appointing coaches though so I was optimistic.

I don't buy into this given our history and lean years stuff. The squad Lennon left was a good squad that was underperforming. The club were backed in numbers of fans and financially. We were in a good place to progress.

The reason we haven't, for me, is because we appointed a poor head coach and recruited badly. That is it. There is cost involved in fixing that but greater cost in letting it continue.

Mutually consenting Dempster might be chucking the baby out with the bathwater at this point. Many will argue that she deserves the chance to correct one bad appointment. However, her rep was built on strong, visible, and positive leadership. We're not seeing any of that now.

Change is required. At the very least in terms of the head coach but perhaps more than that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Watched Hibs for 40 odd years and the majority of managers we've had have been poor to average but I haven't seen such an adverse reaction to a manager so early in his Hibs career that Paul Heckingbottom is currently experiencing. Maybe our expectations have been raised but I think the criticism is over the top, it's a game of fine margins and we could have got more points from four or five games this season. I'm not convinced that changing the manager at this stage will make a big difference. Unless it really goes South, I'd give the manager two full rounds of fixtures before contemplating a replacement. Don't think the football is that bad, just lacking a bit of confidence.
    How much further South can it go? We are second bottom of the league playing awful dreary football. If PH is still here after 22 games we will be relegated regardless of who comes in as we will be miles away from safety

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How much further South can it go? We are second bottom of the league playing awful dreary football. If PH is still here after 22 games we will be relegated regardless of who comes in as we will be miles away from safety
    That’s the fear. Other sides will be able to grind out results and three points, we can’t hold on to three points, ever. Even St Mirren almost equalised, Morton about three times, Stirling Albion ffs.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Can you explain why he is an impostor? He isn't an impostor at all, he just isn't very good at his job.

Is that what you tell yourself instead of admitting you only really support Hibs when times are good?
    ....I have been supporting Hibs for 63 yrs now,i have suffered the highs and lows of supporting them,good and bad,but this man came in and spouted this and that,none of which has come to fruition,so for me,the man should go,and go now,and as for me only supporting Hibs when they are winning,that is bull####,it's the way the man has us playing that's made me turn away just now,not Hibs.I will be back when we have a new manager in place,if that's ok with you.

Left by mutual consent!
    ....I have been supporting Hibs for 63 yrs now,i have suffered the highs and lows of supporting them,good and bad,but this man came in and spouted this and that,none of which has come to fruition,so for me,the man should go,and go now,and as for me only supporting Hibs when they are winning,that is bull####,it's the way the man has us playing that's made me turn away just now,not Hibs.I will be back when we have a new manager in place,if that's ok with you.
    A perfect description of an imposter to be honest.

It’s like Yogi but a lot of us excused Yogi because it was the job of his dreams and maybe what he talked was different to what he set his teams out to do, without forgetting he had to sell Stokes and Bamba. Hecky has improvised someone who was going to come to our club and do all sorts. In reality we can’t bear ****ing Hamilton and sit second bottom.

So 63 years minus the years we have been ***** is how long you've supported hibs.

Plenty talk on here of wanting Heckingbottom out but I’ve not heard anything said at Easter road during games yet.

Total apathy and a non existent atmosphere.

If you want him out your have to let the board know in no uncertain terms.

We are just going along accepting boring football, leaving the ground and then moaning on these pages.

One of those guys who supports Hibs through thick and thin except if he doesn't like the manager or the team isn't playing the way he wants or its a bit too cold etc etc. You'll be back when we're winning every week, not when we have a new manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    One of those guys who supports Hibs through thick and thin except if he doesn't like the manager or the team isn't playing the way he wants or its a bit too cold etc etc. You'll be back when we're winning every week, not when we have a new manager.
    We aren’t going to start winning every week without a new manager though. So he will be back when we have a new manager.

We aren’t going to start winning every week without a new manager though. So he will be back when we have a new manager.
    Thats not really a fact though. Its unlikely but physically possible that he turns it around. Same patter as the ''wont be back till Petrie is gone''. Some folk just love a winning Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I honestly can’t believe that anybody who watches us or has watched us this season thinks the football “isn’t that bad” and that it’s all down to a lack of confidence.

Equally I have no idea why anybody would want to give the current manager 2 full rounds of fixtures based on how he has performed to date.

I know it’s all about opinions but FFS

Or the club would correctly phone the police and everyone involved would be dealt with.
    Your a big jaggy joabie

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I honestly can’t believe that anybody who watches us or has watched us this season thinks the football “isn’t that bad” and that it’s all down to a lack of confidence.

Equally I have no idea why anybody would want to give the current manager 2 full rounds of fixtures based on how he has performed to date.

I know it’s all about opinions but FFS
    Just say what I see, I've seen some poor teams and managers since I've followed Hibs, majority of Miller's reign, Jocky Scott, Duffy (sure we lost 9 in a row), Williamson, Fenlon, Mixu, Calderwood and Butcher. I honestly don't see this current manager and team any worse than them. Appreciate we shouldn't judge our standards by the worst but the reaction that Heckingbottom is getting isn't proportionate. Apart from the Celtic game, which I enjoyed, I think we've been the better team for all our home games. If you look back through history, teams that chop and change their manager rarely improve and end up on a downward spiral. Think there's been enough in the last four games, to have a bit of optimism. Two huge games coming up that could define our season. Let's offer our support and see what happens, frankly the negativity and vitriol on this forum is draining.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just say what I see, I've seen some poor teams and managers since I've followed Hibs, majority of Miller's reign, Jocky Scott, Duffy (sure we lost 9 in a row), Williamson, Fenlon, Mixu, Calderwood and Butcher. I honestly don't see this current manager and team any worse than them. Appreciate we shouldn't judge our standards by the worst but the reaction that Heckingbottom is getting isn't proportionate. Apart from the Celtic game, which I enjoyed, I think we've been the better team for all our home games. If you look back through history, teams that chop and change their manager rarely improve and end up on a downward spiral. Think there's been enough in the last four games, to have a bit of optimism. Two huge games coming up that could define our season. Let's offer our support and see what happens, frankly the negativity and vitriol on this forum is draining.
    The problem is most of those managers would have loved the opportunity afforded to PH in terms of facilities and budgets and squad inherited.

PH has no excuse at all to be 11th on -10 GD. PH has screwed this up monumentally.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That’s the fear. Other sides will be able to grind out results and three points, we can’t hold on to three points, ever. Even St Mirren almost equalised, Morton about three times, Stirling Albion ffs.
    Without taking away from the state we're in (which is a disgrace), where's the evidence of these other sides pulling away?

St Johnstone are in a worse state than us and are 3 points behind us, Hamilton and St Mirren (neither of whom have taken full points from us) are 2 and 1 points ahead respectively.

We're right to be concerned and we're right to consider relegation as a possibility if form continues the way it has been, but we should be realistic about the capabilities of the teams around us as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net